Thread: Simple choice family plan - more lines?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Simple choice family plan - more lines?

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since i've been on here.

I currently have 4 total lines on the simple choice north america plan with 10gb per line (its actually unlimited internet).
    Per tmobile, it just says $120 for the family plan.

My wife has 3 lines on tmobile, all with a balance using those iphone promos. She pays $200 but i haven't been told the exact details.

I've spoken to a few reps and most are pretty clueless on what i can and can't do in terms of adding lines. Some say i'm only able to do 5 total lines, other say 10 total. One rep says my wife would have to pay off all lines phone prior to joining my plan.

Do anyone know if i can add more lines to my plan now that its grandfathered in? And if there is a max number of lines? I vague remember at the time the plan was live, it was $20 or $25 to add another line.

If i can add 3 lines to my plan @ $20 with unlimited everything that would be ideal. I also wouldn't mind getting a tablet as well.
    HoFo Feedback

Tmobile Familytime 700
    -$59.99 700 anytime minutes, Free Nights/Weekend and mobile2mobile
    -$9.99 Unlimited text on all lines.
    -$19.98 3rd/4th line ($9.99 x 2)
    -$10.00 Pref Phone First Web ($5 a line x 2)
    15% off discount
    -------------
    $116 after taxes/junk fees.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BowLoFTurTLe View Post
    Hello everyone,

Its been a while since i've been on here.

I currently have 4 total lines on the simple choice north america plan with 10gb per line (its actually unlimited internet).
    Per tmobile, it just says $120 for the family plan.

My wife has 3 lines on tmobile, all with a balance using those iphone promos. She pays $200 but i haven't been told the exact details.

I've spoken to a few reps and most are pretty clueless on what i can and can't do in terms of adding lines. Some say i'm only able to do 5 total lines, other say 10 total. One rep says my wife would have to pay off all lines phone prior to joining my plan.

Do anyone know if i can add more lines to my plan now that its grandfathered in? And if there is a max number of lines? I vague remember at the time the plan was live, it was $20 or $25 to add another line.

If i can add 3 lines to my plan @ $20 with unlimited everything that would be ideal. I also wouldn't mind getting a tablet as well.
    The plan you are on is allowed to have a maximum of 12 voice lines and 5 Mobile Internet lines (without deposit), depending upon your credit class approval. Each additional voice line is $20 per month, plus taxes and fees, for unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of high-speed data. Even though your other lines have unlimited high-speed data as part of a data bump promotion, future additional lines are not included. However, it is possible that down the road T-Mobile will bump the lines to unlimited high-speed data; however, it is not guaranteed and T-Mobile employees are not able to add unlimited high-speed data to any additional lines (unless approved by the Executive Team)

I would have T-Force via Facebook Messenger do a Transfer of Responsibility for your wife's account so you can move the lines over to your account as add a lines. T-Force can also move any Equipment Installment Plans on the old account and the promotions will stick after the move. Just let T-Force know the EIPs are under a promotion so they are aware and if there are issues (very rare and unlikely), they can get it escalated.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post

I would have T-Force via Facebook Messenger do a Transfer of Responsibility for your wife's account so you can move the lines over to your account as add a lines. T-Force can also move any Equipment Installment Plans on the old account and the promotions will stick after the move. Just let T-Force know the EIPs are under a promotion so they are aware and if there are issues (very rare and unlikely), they can get it escalated.

Thank you. Just so i'm 100% clear, you are saying T-force can do all of this in one swoop online.

I think not having unlimited internet might be an issue. Those 3 lines are HEAVY web users, 20-30gb monthly average. I guess i might have to compare final cost of all lines plus unlimited web to she is paying now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BowLoFTurTLe View Post
    Thank you. Just so i'm 100% clear, you are saying T-force can do all of this in one swoop online.

I think not having unlimited internet might be an issue. Those 3 lines are HEAVY web users, 20-30gb monthly average. I guess i might have to compare final cost of all lines plus unlimited web to she is paying now.
    Yes, T-Force can do it all quickly and easily. You'll have to send a few messages back and forth but it will save you time going this route.

Remember, even though the other lines are heavy data users, the 10GB data plans include Binge On and Music Freedom, so many popular services stream without using high-speed data.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    When I switched to that plan a year ago, after everyone on it was already upgraded to unlimited, I was able to change my data to unlimited for $0.00/month online. I initially went on just to confirm the 10GB data was there, and I had options of no data, 10GB, or unlimited all for zero. I selected unlimited, and never got billed a penny for it.

Obviously your situation is different, as you are adding new lines (where I was merely switching from 4GB to 10GB on existing SC lines), but I wanted to at least throw this out as a possible opportunity.