Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket's New But Worse Online Account Page

Feedback Score

Red Pocket's New But Worse Online Account Page

Has anybody noticed RP's new but worse online account page?

There is now no way to add a PIN to a line while logged into your online account.

Also, although I don't have a family plan, it has been reported elsewhere that the new but worse online account can no longer provide info about family plans, including remaining data, expiration date, etc.

Here's a chat I had yesterday with a RP CSR:

CS Carlo 09:26
    Welcome to Red Pocket Mobile!
    Visitor 09:27
    Hi. You changed your website. How do you add a PIN since the change?
    CS Carlo 09:29
    Hi! You can actually add it by doing it as a guess. Please make sure to logout then click on REFILL>REFILL GUESS CHECKOUT> provide the phone number then on the next page you will a box to provide the pin
    Visitor 09:29
    A guess?
    CS Carlo 09:30
    sorry i mean guest*
    https://www.redpocket.com/refill
    Visitor 09:31
    Oh, okay. Why did Red Pocket change that? It was so good before. Why make a change to make it worse?
    CS Carlo 09:34
    im sorry that the changes is not working out for you but this will easier actually once you get use to these changes
    Visitor 09:35
    But removing functionality seems hurtful to customers. Can you please send feedback to management asking them to revert to the old online account or at least make it as functional as it was before?
    Visitor 09:37
    Anyway, thanks for telling me what has to be done now to add a PIN, even though it's completely counter intuitive compared to how it used to be. Bye.
    CS Carlo 09:39
    Sure i will send this feedback to our management. Anything else though i can check
    Visitor 09:39
    Thanks. Bye.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I noticed the new layout, & you are right about not being able to easily add a pin like before. You have to wonder why they would change something that was working perfectly fine???

I chatted with Carlos yesterday as well to convert my 2 year old GSMA line to CDMA. It went well except I don't have voicemail yet. (Ugh) Red Pocket only allows one carrier change per phone number. Hope I don't regret the change . . . . .

Feedback Score
    Thanks boz. I would have never figured it out. I'm due for a refill in 3 months.

I'd rather buy the PIN off eBay as a first time user because I do need a new unused RP SIM card as backup and then just apply the PIN to my existing phone number.

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    You're welcome.

I know I've said this at various times over the years, but I don't know why companies feel the need to change things when everything was working fine before, ESPECIALLY when it removes functionality!

I just added an annual plan PIN to a RP account through the online account management system on 1/9/20 while logged into the online account, and it worked just like it was supposed to. So this change was relatively recent. This is a ridiculous downgrade in functionality!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @Boz1, It's called progress and innovation! Get with the program. The new olam is very disjointed. As you pointed out, the apply renewal pin option is missing. In addition, clearly seeing monthly/annual expiration is now broken too. Not to mention it takes multiple clicks to see air time remaining.

It used to be you logged in, and right on that page were all account details. Now you need to click on the line (number). Main page shows annual expiration date, while number detail shows monthly expiration. What a mess!

This is what happens when software people get a directive to make things appear new, fresh. Oh and lets confuse the customer while we're at it.

In all seriousness they'll probably add the features back in a future update ----- while breaking something else.

Feedback Score
    but but there is a special offer button so you can go buy one of those iphones they are really pushing. They must make a ton on those they are pushing so hard.

Feedback Score
    Pretty silly of them. I actually liked the new layout before I found this topic.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm probably going to just go month to month when my $60/year plan expires in March. Bump up to the $10/month plan.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    Ugh...I know I tried to add a new PIN 2 days ago and couldn't find the place to enter it. Had to chat and they told me to log out of my account and use guest. What sense does it make to be logged OUT to add your PIN?

I also noticed what GPz1100 said about the annual and 30-day expiration date. Poor page design.

Feedback Score
    The philosophy of "fix it till it breaks"...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    but but there is a special offer button so you can go buy one of those iphones they are really pushing. They must make a ton on those they are pushing so hard.
    I don't know for certain, but read an apparently knowledgeable person explain that Apple only allows AT&T mms to providers who sell iPhones. Since Red Pocket recently added that feature, the need to sell a bunch of iPhones may not indicate that they're making a ton of profit on them, but rather that it's a necessary requirement for providing the missing feature that a lot of users complained about.

Feedback Score
    RP has updated the account page once again. They have reinstated the ability to apply a PIN to your phone number without being a "guest."

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a now retired ex-coworker in her 70's on the $10 monthly plan. Works very well with her iPhone 6s on CDMA-V. This renewal she said she couldn't find the option to to renew the $10 plan, it was saying $15. I logged into her account and confirmed the same. I had to select "upgrade plan" then buy the SAME $10 plan she's already on and check out that way. What the heck? The 'pay now' still shows a $15 plan that she's not on. Oh well, for the savings and her usage, this works well. I'm debating on just setting up auto pay with my card (or hers) but I don't trust the website so I may just do the 3 mo $30 refill on eBay instead and apply the PIN.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My wife's RP line suffered from this "improvement". Months ago she switched within Red Pocket from GSMA to GSMT & everything was fine until this update, where for some reason her online SIM number showed her old GSMA one, so her line went totally dead. Had to chat with CS to fix it.

It still shows her old SIM btw, but at least service came back. I love progress & needless change! This is what happens when you source your system/web development out to the lowest bidder (prob some 3rd world tards somewhere).

Feedback Score
    I'm seeing old SIM numbers as well. I tried editing the SIM, and got an error:

changeSim Error: Exception:No Updated Data Sent Request performed out of sequence with business process

So I tried chat, the agent couldn't fix it either and sent off a ticket to backend support. This was about 2 days ago, and the SIM is still the old one on the display. I'm not going to complain too loudly because the service is working fine on both phones I have on the account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast