Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is my IMEI clear to sell?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2874 View Post
    Boy really confusing if Tracfone rep told me the wrong thing. So are you saying I should still try the above?

Boom Mobile does not have an online checker but I just chatted and asked if the Pixel 2 IMEI could be used on their system. He came back after a couple of minutes and said it could. Does this not mean anything?
    You should try the above. If it comes up with an error, contact TF and ask "Why?". Tell the rep that the other rep told you the SIM had been connected to the Pixel 3 IMEI, then why the Pixel 2 is not clear for reactivation (by a new owner).

Here's where Chat has another advantage over calling. At the end of the Chat, the rep should give you the ticket/contact number, or you can ask for it if the rep didn't provide it automatically. On subsequent contacts about the same issue, just mention the ticket number, and the new rep can look at the transcript of the previous contact and you don't have to re-tell the story.

I don't know about the Boom Mobile checker.

Feedback Score
    hpham I just followed your instructions to test if I can activate the Pixel 2 with it's IMEI and I got:

'Your phone is compatible with Tracfone!
    If you purchased a Verizon-compatible SIM from Tracfone, enter it below. If not, select the option to buy one.'

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    hpham I just followed your instructions to test if I can activate the Pixel 2 with it's IMEI and I got:

'Your phone is compatible with Tracfone!
    If you purchased a Verizon-compatible SIM from Tracfone, enter it below. If not, select the option to buy one.'
    That's good news. It means the Pixel 2 IMEI is free-and-clear. Don't know why the TF rep said differently.

Edit: Maybe the TF rep got an error because he was checking the Pixel 3 IMEI instead.
    Last edited by hpham; 01-27-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That's good news. It means the Pixel 2 IMEI is free-and-clear. Don't know why the TF rep said differently.

Edit: Maybe the TF rep got an error because he was checking the Pixel 3 IMEI instead.
    More than likely I was the one confused!

Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    So does this confirm that TF also does auto re-pair like PPC ?

He also said that the SIM only stays married to the phone if it's a Tracfone phone not a BYOP.
    This one I don't get, at least in regard to PPC and could be something still setting them apart. I've put the sim that came in a TF phone and was originally activated on that phone, into a BYOP. The paring was auto updated.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So does this confirm that TF also does auto re-pair like PPC ?
    They might be doing that. It certainly will reduce their workload when a BYOP owner simply wants to change/upgrade their phone. They won't have to get new SIM, then transfer service (usually with TF assistance) to the new SIM. After all, the BYOP GSM SIMs don't have that pairing requirement.

Feedback Score
    Contact TF and ask what imei is currently paired with your sim. You'll need to give them your account and pin and they'll only "confirm" your imei if you tell them; they can't directly tell you.
    You should not have to call a TF CSR to find out what IMEI used with a phone account. That's only a PPC thing. Tracfone online accounts list the IMEI for active and inactive phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    You should not have to call a TF CSR to find out what IMEI used with a phone account. That's only a PPC thing. Tracfone online accounts list the IMEI for active and inactive phones.
    Thanks. Wasn't aware TF lists the IMEIs. So the OP could have just looked in his account concerning the Pixels ?
    Has anyone that did a sim swap checked theirs lately ?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wasn't aware TF lists the IMEIs. So the OP could have just looked in his account concerning the Pixels ? Has anyone that did a sim swap checked theirs lately ?
    I have a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM, activated in Dec 2018 with the IMEI of a broken phone bought on Ebay. That SIM has been installed in my Simple Mobile Moto E5 since that time. I just checked and it only shows the phone number. It could have shown the IMEI at activation, before I edited the Nick Name, I don't remember.

The inactive TF-branded Sensa Huawei shows its IMEI.

Name:  Tracfone-Devices-2020-01-27-a.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  36.3 KB

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    In reference to the online account.
    The IMEI can only be seen/found with a de-activated phone, not one that is active.
    When you enter a phone in your online account the IMEI shows and remains showing until you activate the phone, at which time the IMEI disappears and the phone number (following the nickname) appears and remains showing.
    This all occurs in the same area as the phone`s nickname you create.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    In reference to the online account.
    The IMEI can only be seen/found with a de-activated phone, not one that is active.
    When you enter a phone in your online account the IMEI shows and remains showing until you activate the phone, at which time the IMEI disappears and the phone number (following the nickname) appears and remains showing.
    This all occurs in the same area as the phone`s nickname you create.
    It could be that the IMEI goes away with an activated phone only if you add a nickname. Not sure if I added my BYOP's IMEI before activation, or it just appeared in the account after activation. I did not edit the nickname.

Name:  Account IMEI.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  36.5 KB
    Last edited by loboheeler; 01-28-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I always have a nickname, so I am not sure what would appear there after activation, other than the phone number.
    The next persons activating a new phone could determine a lot for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2