Thread: Visible and Google Voice

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Visible and Google Voice

Hello. I am using Google Voice as my voicemail system. While on ATT (and Sprint before that), I setup conditional call forwarding to my Google Voice number, so when someone called me and I was busy/not available, calls went straight to Google Voice voicemail. Google Voice is setup to forward all calls to me cell number. I just ported to Visible. I setup CCF by dialing *71(10-digit Google Voice Number). Now when people call me and I decline the call, or do not answer, instead of going to Google Voice voicemail directly, it actually makes Google Voice call my phone. So I get a call to my number from someone, followed by a Google Voice call to me.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Feedback Score
    Try to enable do not disturb in Google voice so it doesn't call your phone but leave voicemail notification on

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It would work if I only use gv for voicemails. However I use the gv number for business, so my customers contact me using gv number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inftaxs View Post
    Hello. I am using Google Voice as my voicemail system. While on ATT (and Sprint before that), I setup conditional call forwarding to my Google Voice number, so when someone called me and I was busy/not available, calls went straight to Google Voice voicemail. Google Voice is setup to forward all calls to me cell number. I just ported to Visible. I setup CCF by dialing *71(10-digit Google Voice Number). Now when people call me and I decline the call, or do not answer, instead of going to Google Voice voicemail directly, it actually makes Google Voice call my phone. So I get a call to my number from someone, followed by a Google Voice call to me.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    I have the same issue. When using Verizon or Xfinity Mobile I never had to enable do not disturb mode. Calls that were forwarded to Google Voice would not cause my Google Voice number to ring through to my primary line; rather, they would go straight to voicemail on Google Voice. The issue with do not disturb mode is that you don't see missed calls or text messages coming through Google Voice. This is an issue specific to Visible.