Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hangout not showing contacts list

Feedback Score

Hangout not showing contacts list

Hangout is not connecting with my contact list. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Now when you enter a letter or number nothing pops up. Anyone else have this issue. Happening on all three of my devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LCSJL View Post
    Hangout is not connecting with my contact list. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Now when you enter a letter or number nothing pops up. Anyone else have this issue. Happening on all three of my devices.
    Mine is still working the same as always.

Sometimes on new setups you might need to give permission for Hangouts to read contacts.

Feedback Score
    Interesting that all three devices stopped connecting with the contact list at the same time. I have been using hangout for a few years. Permission setting is correct.

Feedback Score
    For example, if you're in the Hangouts messages section, press the + button, select New SMS, and start typing a name, nothing appears?

Are you using Android or iOS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    For example, if you're in the Hangouts messages section, press the + button, select New SMS, and start typing a name, nothing appears?

Are you using Android or iOS?
    I am using Android.

Contacts appear when in message tab. But when dialing a phone number or name nothing comes up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LCSJL View Post
    I am using Android.

Contacts appear when in message tab. But when dialing a phone number or name nothing comes up.
    Ah, okay. I restarted my phone, and now I'm experiencing the same thing on the phone/calls tab.

I also notice that right now contact names aren't showing up, only #s, in the Recent Calls list.

How odd that things seem to be working fine in the messaging tab but not the phone/calls tab!

I just sent feedback for the problem to Google via the Hangouts app. Hopefully you can do the same, so Google know something isn't working right!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Just checked Hangouts on iphone / iOS - contacts populated , names will auto-fill from message section, recent messages appear, same with voice calls.
    Hangouts on iOS is one app - doesn't have a separate hangouts dialer.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that this change would happen. Must be on the server end of things, as the Hangouts app hasn't itself been updated for some time. Contrasted with the GV app which, for me, got two updates just this past week (including today).

I like Hangouts, and have one person I instant message with it. It also works better for me than the GV app for Wi-Fi calling. Cleaner audio, fewer glitches and dropouts.

Feedback Score
    whacker is probably right that it's a server side problem.

That said, it might help get it fixed if anybody using Hangouts could provide feedback to Google via the Hangouts app to report the problem!

I already reported it this morning. If it's not fixed by tomorrow, I'll report it again!

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Ok,just sent feedback also. Hope they fix it soon. It's a pain to look up the number and then entering it.

Feedback Score
    It isn't fixed for me today, so I sent another feedback.

Feedback Score
    It still isn't fixed. I realized that since I use Hangouts with two different GV #s, I can actually send feedback from each account. So I sent TWO feedback reports about the problem today!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Did blueballs give you any indication if this will even be considered for fixing? Or is this considered just another nail in the coffin for hangouts?

Example... microsoft finally stopped supporting windows media center EPG (as of yesterday). No more guides.. pay for a third party service or move to another software.. I'm trying nextpvr - it pulls the epg content from the air (literally).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    ^^Did blueballs give you any indication if this will even be considered for fixing? Or is this considered just another nail in the coffin for hangouts?

Example... microsoft finally stopped supporting windows media center EPG (as of yesterday). No more guides.. pay for a third party service or move to another software.. I'm trying nextpvr - it pulls the epg content from the air (literally).
    Lol. No, I didn't try the forums yet. I'm sending feedback using the feedback mechanism in the Hangouts Android app.

I just sent two feedback reports, one from each account I actively use with Hangouts, about the problem again today.

I'll try find time to see what I can accomplish in the Google Hangouts support forum sometime soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post

Yeah, I lost EPG on my WMC at the beginning of January (as they warned). The Xbox360s as media extenders continue to work to "tune" channels, but with no guide. It nags about it every time it is started. Without EPG I can't record by show. I have not tried recording by channel and time. I can get guide info on my phone and don't want to pay $25/yr. to use EPG123.

When I was researching about alternatives at the end of 2019, the info I found about the OTA guide was that it is hit and miss about completeness of the listings.

Back on topic, my Hangouts is not showing contacts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast