Thread: Service and phone from one sub-brand but turn-on displays comapny name of other sub-b

Feedback Score

Service and phone from one sub-brand but turn-on displays comapny name of other sub-b

Title supposed to be : Service and phone from one sub-brand but turn-on displays comapny name of other sub-brand

I wonder about this after reading https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ding-Explained

Like, you know you bought a phone and cellular service through sub-brand of the owning brand, but when you turn of the phone, the display while startup, shows the other sub-brand instead of the one which you bought from. Device still works, but the display info during startup was either the "other " sub-brand, or the owning brand.

I would expect if you bought service and phone from sub-brand A, then when you startup the phone it should say, "sub-brand A"; and if you bought service and phone from brand B, the phone on startup should say, "subbrand B". (In case you're wondering, the phone is NEW (as far as I know)).

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It might help if your example was concrete, rather than hypothetical. Too much, "party of the first part", "party of the second part".
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Yep let us know the the phone model, the brand and sub-brand you thought you purchased and what brand and sub-brand the phone is displaying.

All that say, when Cingular became AT&T lots of people ran around with Cingular branded phones for awhile. The logo or brand is programmed into phone to display on boot and does not mean a whole lot except to give you warm fuzzies when it boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk