Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Better Together Bundle Discount Ending

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 LE
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Better Together Bundle Discount Ending

It sucks!!! It looks like the Better Together Bundle Discount is ending soon :-(

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/27/f...move-discount/

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 LE using HoFo mobile app
    ""Wine'm, dine'm, sixty9'm""

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Totally sucks...

My bill will go up by $25!

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It'll cost me $30 (5x postpaid, 1x prepaid).

Does make the $34 prepaid 2GB away, 5GB total plan more attractive to replace my now $30 Freedom 30 plan that I had one of my kids on.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This sucks, they should remove it for all NEW CUSTOMERS that signed up in the last 1 year or so....but punishing those that have stuck by WIND since its WINDY days....thats unfair. Especially since those of us one the grandfathered plans dont get much of phone discounts as is.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T/Samsung Galaxy s7 edge
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What's next? Discontinue F&F 35%?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Freedom Mobile Promo 50 Everywhere Canada

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Zoomer Wireless
    Feedback Score
    After all those years with them since Wind started the business, they took away my free tab phone and now the BTS. It is totally BS. I think I am leaving Freedom and go to Zoomerwireless instead.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Probably, I think the flanker brands are looking better and battery these days, Koodo, Fido, Virgin are offering pretty good deals. I am going to hold onto my Freedom line until they remove the 35% off...the day they do that, I no longer have a incentive to stick around.....Shaw may be trying to be aggressive, but they need to remember, the network is not on Par yet, until that happens, it isn't going to work.

They should leave old customers alone with their promo's, stick to acquiring new customers with current plans / phone deals so that they can retain and gain while off setting the ARPU difference, with new customers....overall prices in Canada have come down and I suspect they will continue to when it comes to plan offerings, I won't say the $ amount is much cheaper, but we are definitely starting to see a trend where we are getting bigger bang for the similar dollars spent which is nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Probably, I think the flanker brands are looking better and battery these days, Koodo, Fido, Virgin are offering pretty good deals. I am going to hold onto my Freedom line until they remove the 35% off...the day they do that, I no longer have a incentive to stick around.....Shaw may be trying to be aggressive, but they need to remember, the network is not on Par yet, until that happens, it isn't going to work.

They should leave old customers alone with their promo's, stick to acquiring new customers with current plans / phone deals so that they can retain and gain while off setting the ARPU difference, with new customers....overall prices in Canada have come down and I suspect they will continue to when it comes to plan offerings, I won't say the $ amount is much cheaper, but we are definitely starting to see a trend where we are getting bigger bang for the similar dollars spent which is nice.
    In the case of the tier 3 brands, I would say that their offerings have gotten less pricey. For Wind/Freedom, it has definitely been the other way around. The gap has narrowed to the point that I don't see a price advantage from a cost perspective. Freedom does offer much bigger data buckets which should not be construed as offering better value unless the entire data bucket is used. When I left Wind, I was on a $30/5GB/province wide calling plan. With BTW, it came to $25 per line. The big 3 were charging more than double for a 5GB plan. Jumping hoops could get you $50/5GB.

Fast forward to today. The tier 3 flanker brands offer $40/5GB without discounts. While the data speed is crippled LTE, it still works and often a lot better than on a crippled network. Freedom's equivalent offer is $55/5GB, currently discounted to $40 and with 4GB data bonus to 9GB. Having been on a real network since leaving Wind, honestly I would opt for 5GB crippled LTE on a real network than to put up with tiny swiss cheese network and 9GB. I guess it all depends on what customers see as value - more GBs or better network.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if grandfathered Wind plans are the next to go? It's only a matter of time. That will be their final nail for me.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enufwireless View Post
    I wonder if grandfathered Wind plans are the next to go? It's only a matter of time. That will be their final nail for me.
    Probably won't, new plans are coming back to old days pricing with time except they offer less features.

I have doubt they will want to mess with those that have stuck it out with Freedom.

but taking away discounts is a easy way to pocket more money without much of a change. Imagine they are making $2-$15/account by removing BTS....even if you multiply that with 250,000 accounts, that is a lot of money.....anywhere from $500,000-$3,750,000/month they can pocket.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enufwireless View Post
    The % of people with those plans diminishes over time as they move on or upgrade plans with the ever-inticing carrot of "free"/cheap phone [but only if you upgrade to this shiny new, more expensive plan]. So there are poor returns on the $ saved vs bad PR for a small portion of users. They're better off to just let them naturally change and just eat the difference for the small number that hold on forever.

I expect the next step is you'll see the digital discount being removed. It was always set up as a discrete discount code object that is easy for them to differentiate. Advertised prices and legalese always had the * fine print after discount - they wouldn't be modifying your rate plan in any way, they'd just be invalidating a promo code. It also is applicable to a large portion of users, so large $ savings could be seen.

If they start discontinuing the F&F codes, similar story to the above - small portion of people, is it worth the PR hit for a small number of savings? Only their bean-counters know.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    You can get 2 more months of BTS by complaining

I dont know about rest of you but they did *not* properly notify me
    File CCTS complaint
    Then they need to give 30 days notice
    So an extra little bill credit before it dissapears
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    Oneplus 6, Blackview BV9500, Umidigi A5 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, my bill went up $15. i have 3 lines
    ----------------------------
    check my feedback at : http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16978

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T/Samsung Galaxy s7 edge
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    You can get 2 more months of BTS by complaining

I dont know about rest of you but they did *not* properly notify me
    File CCTS complaint
    Then they need to give 30 days notice
    So an extra little bill credit before it dissapears
    It had been displayed in your account over two months.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile, Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Due to this, I started downgrading my Freedom lines to lower price plans and cancelling lines that are no longer needed. In my opinion, Freedom should have kept their Better Together Bundle Discount for existing Customers. Their loss, my gain. =)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast