Thread: Which Android app should I use with a Padgene DZ09 Smartwatch?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score

Which Android app should I use with a Padgene DZ09 Smartwatch?

I received a Padgene DZ09 Smartwatch for Christmas and the instructions say to scan the QR code and download the app, but there is no QR code on the instructions or anywhere on the box.

So I looked in Google Play for smartwatch apps and there are several, but all of them have negative reviews and bug complaints. Some more than others.

Is there an Android app that is trustworthy that will work with this smartwatch and my Moto E4 running Android 7.1.1?

Also, maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I have some security concerns. Is this watch sending data from my phone to a server somewhere to be mined by hackers? Just wondering since I've never used a smartwatch.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Try going to the watch manufacturer internet site for the application link directly. Don't just try installing an application that may or may not be compatible to ensure connectivity.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    First of all, this is the cheapest, lowest quality, piece of junk smartwatch on the market which is pretty much what I expect from my son for a Christmas present. His heart is in the right place, but for the same money he could have given me new necktie since I'm currently alternating between the two that I've had for 30 years.

Apparently this is the app for the DZ09 according to what I've read.

Name:  smartwatch.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  33.5 KB

I installed it on my phone, a Moto E4, successfully synced the smartwatch with my phone and it works although I'm definitely not going to use most of the features. The one thing I might use it for is to receive phone calls when I'm in my car. I have a Bluetooth earpiece, but it's not loud enough even with the volume on my phone turned all the way up, so I'm wondering if this smartwatch will have a louder volume.

But here's the first glitch I've found: When I power down the smartwatch and power it back up, I have to re-sync with my phone, which is a PITA because I have to tap the watch face which has small icons and letters. With my Bluetooth earpiece, once it's synced, it's synced for good regardless of powering down either device.

But I repeat, this is the cheapest, lowest quality, piece of junk smartwatch on the market so I don't really expect it to work flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    There are many apps out there but I strongly recommend to go with Android Wear smartwatch with your Android phone. Android Wear watches let you:
    - Check important info like who’s calling, SMS and messages, and alerts from your favorite apps. You can even speak or draw a quick response right from your watch.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Jamie, I am sure that the OP appreciates the suggestion, but Android Wear doesn't work with every model of smart watch. This is why I suggested the OP go to the manufacturer internet site for assistance. Otherwise, they are merely playing "Russian Roulette" trying to find an application that may or may not work.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Langer View Post
    There are many apps out there but I strongly recommend to go with Android Wear smartwatch with your Android phone. Android Wear watches let you:
    - Check important info like who’s calling, SMS and messages, and alerts from your favorite apps. You can even speak or draw a quick response right from your watch.
    Looks like a spambot/automated response

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro