Thread: Prepaid-Charges althgouh Phone was Off

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score

Prepaid-Charges althgouh Phone was Off

I have a grandfathered prepaid SIM where I pay $2 a day when I use it - but nothing when I do not use it.

Sometime in October, T-Mobile started deducting $2 from my prepaid balance every day a call came in, although my SIM-Card was not even in a phone. For several days, I had one incoming call each (all spam calls or misdials), resulting in a $2 charge each time.

T-Mobile did refund the charges, but I was told that this is how it works, and if I don't want to pay, I should have the voicemail disabled (which I immediately instructed them to do). However, these charges are new. I've had the account for years and only in October did they start charging although my SIM was not even in a phone.

Beware!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dajs View Post
    I have a grandfathered prepaid SIM where I pay $2 a day when I use it - but nothing when I do not use it.

Sometime in October, T-Mobile started deducting $2 from my prepaid balance every day a call came in, although my SIM-Card was not even in a phone. For several days, I had one incoming call each (all spam calls or misdials), resulting in a $2 charge each time.

T-Mobile did refund the charges, but I was told that this is how it works, and if I don't want to pay, I should have the voicemail disabled (which I immediately instructed them to do). However, these charges are new. I've had the account for years and only in October did they start charging although my SIM was not even in a phone.

Beware!
    Is there a way to disable voicemail on T-Mobile without calling them?
    Nowadays, too many spam calls and text...
    Always got big charges when I travelled international when calls fell in voicemail , each voicemail call charged as two international calls

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk