Thread: Tracfone fastactportal Text balance glitch?

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score

Question Tracfone fastactportal Text balance glitch?

Anyone else having an issue with Text balance not being displayed in fastactportal? Noticed it last night, still having issues today. Tracfone app on the phone is displaying the correct balance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    Anyone else having an issue with Text balance not being displayed in fastactportal? Noticed it last night, still having issues today. Tracfone app on the phone is displaying the correct balance.
    I just tried Fastact... for two of my Tracfones, one on Verizon, the other on T-Mobile.

The Verizon number did not show text balance at Fastact.... The TF app did.

The T-Mobile number did show the text balance at Fastact... I don't have this phone here to check the TF app.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention, my phone is on the Verizon network as well. Seems like it's a Verizon glitch.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I just checked at 7PM CST. My TF/AT&T BYOP SIM showed zero text, which is wrong. My wife's TF-branded TF/T-mo showed all 3 correct buckets.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon TF not showing text amount

Name:  Screenshot_2020-01-29-22-13-39-1.png
Views: 626
Size:  27.5 KB

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Fastactportal still messed up. AT&T, showing 0 texts, but they multiplied my minutes by 10. I can now have a nonstop conversation that lasts for more than 7 years. Data looks right.

App shows everything correct.

Feedback Score
    I didn't know fastactportal existed I used the my account app and also sent a text with the word balance to 611 611
    Both of them came back all zeros on my SafeLink TracFone. The my account app on my regular TracFone seems to be working okay. The SafeLink phone can still make calls and send texts and receive them. Apparently something's broken. But it seems to be consistently broken everywhere. On the fast act portal it just says oops there's been an error, call this phone number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pamelajaye View Post
    The SafeLink phone can still make calls and send texts and receive them. Apparently something's broken. But it seems to be consistently broken everywhere. On the fast act portal it just says oops there's been an error, call this phone number
    611611 is supposed to work with SafeLink, but it may be carrier dependent. I don't think the Tracfone app will with SafeLink, as it's a different type of service. No idea about fastactportal, having not used it in years.

There is an online method for SafeLink.
    https://ww2.tracfone.com/direct/SafelinkCheckBalance

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply. I know it was a while ago. I think it started working again the next day and yes this is a TracFone so the Tracfone app does work on it when it works. 611 611 also works. They appear to be refilling the phones in groups of 3 months rather than monthly, by the way. They used to empty them out and start over every month but now it says April and has a strange amount of minutes and data in it. I only used it for emergencies when it was a little candy bar phone and when I upgraded it because I thought it wouldn't work anymore after the CDMA thing, now it's too big to carry around. Since I already have my own updated non CDMA TracFone with the minimum amount of minutes to keep it with air time versus money. I suppose I could use that extend my air time without adding any minutes, if they still have that, but really I'm trickling up my data which I've been doing for the past 5 years, in anticipation of the next hurricane and power outage. I'm hopeful that if we have another one I will actually be able to see some news. Last time I could barely see Facebook because my phone was 3 years old. But it was better than not having anything. I just didn't know how long it was going to last, so I didn't use it a lot. Now I have a little power bank or whatever it's called. My car battery is still dead. It only works if you run it everyday. And I just don't.
    And I've stopped leaving my tablets plugged in, because the batteries swell and I had to replace both of them, one of them twice. But they don't have data anyway

Sent from my VS995 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pamelajaye View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I know it was a while ago. I think it started working again the next day and yes this is a TracFone so the Tracfone app does work on it when it works. 611 611 also works. They appear to be refilling the phones in groups of 3 months rather than monthly, by the way. They used to empty them out and start over every month but now it says April and has a strange amount of minutes and data in it. I only used it for emergencies when it was a little candy bar phone and when I upgraded it because I thought it wouldn't work anymore after the CDMA thing, now it's too big to carry around. Since I already have my own updated non CDMA TracFone with the minimum amount of minutes to keep it with air time versus money. I suppose I could use that extend my air time without adding any minutes, if they still have that, but really I'm trickling up my data which I've been doing for the past 5 years, in anticipation of the next hurricane and power outage. I'm hopeful that if we have another one I will actually be able to see some news. Last time I could barely see Facebook because my phone was 3 years old. But it was better than not having anything. I just didn't know how long it was going to last, so I didn't use it a lot. Now I have a little power bank or whatever it's called. My car battery is still dead. It only works if you run it everyday. And I just don't.
    And I've stopped leaving my tablets plugged in, because the batteries swell and I had to replace both of them, one of them twice. But they don't have data anyway
    Keep in mind that you have to have charged use of a Tracfone smartphone at least every six months to keep it from being suspended and eventually terminated. One text is enough to count for that. Safelink may be a different time period. I recall it being 30 or 90 days.