Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Factory unlocked moto e5 (xt1920dl)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,365
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0

    Factory unlocked moto e5 (xt1920dl)

    Found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WSXH2W2..._9LUmEbHD6BRST

    Never seen a factory unlocked TracFone before. What do y'all think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,457
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's not listed as a Tracfone. Is there a factory unlocked Moto E5?
    Last edited by hpham; 01-30-2020 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Edited content of post.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WSXH2W2..._9LUmEbHD6BRST

    Never seen a factory unlocked TracFone before. What do y'all think?
    Other then one photo showing the Tracfone logo on the back what makes you think it's Tracfone? There's nothing in the description that mentions TF. Photos on most listings are stock photos..not actual item...depiction.
    Or since it's an old overstock, discontinued, from a seller I've never heard of, could be just debloated unlocked freed-up old TF lot.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,060
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It's not listed as a Tracfone. Is there a factory unlocked Moto E5?
    the ones I've seen all say unlocked but will not work with sprint - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Mo...-/143373746914

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It's not listed as a Tracfone. Is there a factory unlocked Moto E5?
    It's listed as a XT1920DL, which IS a Tracfone model.

    I guess I've only heard of the unlocked Moto E5 Play for the US, but those might be GSM only?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Other then one photo showing the Tracfone logo on the back what makes you think it's Tracfone? There's nothing in the description that mentions TF. Photos on most listings are stock photos..not actual item...depiction.
    Or since it's an old overstock, discontinued, from a seller I've never heard of, could be just debloated unlocked freed-up old TF lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    the ones I've seen all say unlocked but will not work with sprint - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Mo...-/143373746914
    XT1920DL is a Tracfone model number.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    So do these big suppliers just buy a large lot of discontinued TFs and sim unlock them or even get overstock TF models direct from Moto that TF never took delivery of ? Inquiring minds.
    May be another option then buying a true original factory unlocked.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So do these big suppliers just buy a large lot of discontinued TFs and sim unlock them or even get overstock TF models direct from Moto that TF never took delivery of ? Inquiring minds.
    May be another option then buying a true original factory unlocked.
    That's a good question! Perhaps some good detective here can figure it out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,410
    Feedback Score
    0
    The Moto E5 was never intended to be a U.S. model.

    Somehow, Tracfone scored a special deal and got a production run for itself. They managed to get the original GSM and also a Verizon add-on. All adjusted for the U.S. market.

    So technically, the phone is factory unlocked the same as other DL models. According to what Tracfone defines as unlocked.

    The phones you see from private sellers are likely leftovers from HSN harvesting or something like that, who knows. They cannot be truly unlocked until they meet Tracfone's usage requirements.

    I wouldn't think that someone could divert Tracfone's Moto shipments toward himself. I'm sure that there are records of the IMEIs, etc. Plus, they have to be scanned at the point of sale.

    There tends to be bad information in listings for Tracfones. Either things left out or just inaccuracies. The forums are just about the only way to get the best advice. Then buy from a reputable source.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    So technically, the phone is factory unlocked the same as other DL models. According to what Tracfone defines as unlocked.
    This came to my mind too. The sellers saying unlocked for all networks is true; as long as you're getting those networks through TF.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,070
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    The sellers saying unlocked for all networks is true; as long as you're getting those networks through TF.
    I sent a message to the seller to clarify the unlocked issue. You can't trust what was said in the Q&A section.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    8,541
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The Moto E5 was never intended to be a U.S. model.
    I wouldn't say not meant for the US market, just limited to carriers (only MVNOs?) but I think TF was the only one they did it. Others went with the cheaper Play models.

    The Play (XT1921-1, 2, 3, and 6) and Plus (XT1924-7) were released as retail models in the US.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I sent a message to the seller to clarify the unlocked issue. You can't trust what was said in the Q&A section.
    Ever hear back with the scoop ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,070
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Ever hear back with the scoop ?
    Nothing from the seller so far. Only been a couple of working days.

Similar Threads

  1. How To Unlock Motorola Moto E5 By Unlock Code To Work With Any Network
    By UnlockUS in forum UnlockUnit.com & UnlockScope.com - Unlock Your Phone Safe, Fast and Secure!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 09:18 AM
  2. Apps on an Factory unlocked Moto G Plus
    By stclair49 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2017, 07:54 PM
  3. Factory Unlocking available for Bell Motorola Moto G to use any where in the World
    By canadagsm.ca in forum Canadagsm.ca Best deals in mobilephones, accessories and unlocking all under one roof
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 05:13 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 11:06 AM
  5. FS: Moto V66 Unlocked & SE T68i, Factory Unlocked, ....Quick Sale
    By mitsubishiman in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks