Thread: Minor problem transferring number from Tmoble (prepaid) to AT&T Prepaid

Device(s)
    Unlocked SM-G920T (128GB Model)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Question Minor problem transferring number from Tmoble (prepaid) to AT&T Prepaid

Hello,

Please forgive my ignorance if this has been asked before. Yesterday, I signed up with AT&T prepaid (currently under their $2 daily plan) and was also assigned a temporary number. Earlier today, I called up AT&T Prepaid customer service in order to transfer my Tmobile prepaid number over to AT&T Prepaid. After I got off the phone with the AT&T rep. I logged into my account (ATTP) and saw that my transferred number was apart of my AT&T Prepaid account (as it was showing up under my account info). I turned my phone on and went to Settings -> About Device, the My Phone Number section and noticed that it is still showing the temporary AT&T phone number.

I went to "www.att.com/port" to check the AT&T port status and it shows as "completed". Is there a way I can get my phone to show the correct number? My phone is an unlocked SM-G920T and was receiving the free AT&T texts (with the temporary number before the transfer occurred).

For what it's worth. I am currently at home (Niagara Falls, ON area and just outside of the AT&T network area). I do not drive, so I cannot drive over the border to an AT&T store. Which I would gladly do, if it was possible.

Some background info, I use my phone mainly for when I am travelling in the US (via Greyhound Bus or Amtrak) to visit family and friends in the Philly, PA/Wilmington, DE area a few times a year (which is why I chose the $2 daily plan, just to keep my number active while back at home)

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tom Martin
    Last edited by tjemartin; 02-01-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I would another wait 24-48 hours for the SM-G920T to show the correct number.
    Sometimes it takes short period of time for the temp number to drop.

What happens if you send/receive texts and calls?
    Does the ported number show up?

Device(s)
    Unlocked SM-G920T (128GB Model)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    I would another wait 24-48 hours for the SM-G920T to show the correct number.
    Sometimes it takes short period of time for the temp number to drop.

What happens if you send/receive texts and calls?
    Does the ported number show up?
    Thank you for the tip. I had just called my home phone and my home phone displayed the ported number. However, my phone still displays the temporary number in it's settings