Thread: Anyone grandfathered plan with BTV got data throttled?

Feedback Score

Anyone grandfathered plan with BTV got data throttled?

It seems Tmobile never throttle grandfathered btv data speed even most of the btv data capped at 5GB per month. I am wondering if anyone got throttled when there is network congestion. I am thinking about upgrade to newer plan Tmobile currently offers, but I don’t want to lose truly unlimited high speed data. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qquser View Post
    It seems Tmobile never throttle grandfathered btv data speed even most of the btv data capped at 5GB per month. I am wondering if anyone got throttled when there is network congestion. I am thinking about upgrade to newer plan Tmobile currently offers, but I don’t want to lose truly unlimited high speed data. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    I used over 50gb on my old plan without throttle

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    I used over 50gb on my old plan without throttle

One of my people used over 100gb without throttle once a while, we are in big city. I don’t know if it gets throttled when it gets congested in some area.

Feedback Score
    One of my people used over 100gb without throttle once a while, we are in big city. I don’t know if it gets throttled when it gets congested in some area.
    On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, data speeds can be reduced if any line exceeds 50GB of data in a billing cycle. This statement is plastered everywhere on the website and when logged into the account portal (also including ToS, T-Mobile Mobile Broadband guidelines, etc).

Preferred web features were once throttled after 5GB of high-speed data usage. I would presume this limit has not been enforced in years due to the T-Mobile network management policies now in place that blanket all data features.

For what it's worth, my cousin on my plan uses 100+GB a month, and every month, on an unlimited high-speed data plan. He has experienced times of throttling when the network is busy, but only when he uses over 100GB of data. When he does get throttled, speeds are typically 1Mbps or less, sometimes as low as 600kbps. He has never been throttled below 100GB of data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, data speeds can be reduced if any line exceeds 50GB of data in a billing cycle. This statement is plastered everywhere on the website and when logged into the account portal (also including ToS, T-Mobile Mobile Broadband guidelines, etc).

Preferred web features were once throttled after 5GB of high-speed data usage. I would presume this limit has not been enforced in years due to the T-Mobile network management policies now in place that blanket all data features.

For what it's worth, my cousin on my plan uses 100+GB a month, and every month, on an unlimited high-speed data plan. He has experienced times of throttling when the network is busy, but only when he uses over 100GB of data. When he does get throttled, speeds are typically 1Mbps or less, sometimes as low as 600kbps. He has never been throttled below 100GB of data.
    It seems they don’t throttle at all for BTV preferred data plan even you use over 200GB. Is your current plan older than simple choice plan?

Feedback Score
    It seems they don’t throttle at all for BTV preferred data plan even you use over 200GB. Is your current plan older than simple choice plan?
    I did a Transfer of Responsibility years ago to my cousin who's on my old FamilyTime 1000 plan and each line has the $5 Preferred Android Unlimited web plan.

Years ago, I decided to find an alternative cell plan for my immediate family as taxes/fees kept increasing. And I wanted to give the plan to someone who could truly enjoy the unlimited high-speed data at a cost that's almost unbeatable to this day.

Feedback Score
    I did a Transfer of Responsibility years ago to my cousin who's on my old FamilyTime 1000 plan and each line has the $5 Preferred Android Unlimited web plan.

Years ago, I decided to find an alternative cell plan for my immediate family as taxes/fees kept increasing. And I wanted to give the plan to someone who could truly enjoy the unlimited high-speed data at a cost that's almost unbeatable to this day.
    Yes, T-Mobile increases fake tax on scazy..
    My 5 lines (family 1000) with tzone bill from $60 to near $90 for now. Even it is still the best deal...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Yes, T-Mobile increases fake tax on scazy..
    My 5 lines (family 1000) with tzone bill from $60 to near $90 for now. Even it is still the best deal...

My current family plan consists of 5 T-Mobile Simple Choice North America data only postpaid plans. 3 lines are on the 2GB plan for $10 each and 2 lines are on the 6GB plan that are free, after bill credits, as part of previous promotions. I currently pay $32 per month, with taxes/fees, for 5 lines of service paired with Google Voice for unlimited talk and text.

My immediate family, including myself, are very happy with this set-up. We mostly listen to music on our phones away from WiFi, so the plans are perfect for our usage.

Feedback Score
    My current family plan consists of 5 T-Mobile Simple Choice North America data only postpaid plans. 3 lines are on the 2GB plan for $10 each and 2 lines are on the 6GB plan that are free, after bill credits, as part of previous promotions. I currently pay $32 per month, with taxes/fees, for 5 lines of service paired with Google Voice for unlimited talk and text.

My immediate family, including myself, are very happy with this set-up. We mostly listen to music on our phones away from WiFi, so the plans are perfect for our usage.
    I am paying around $122 per month for 5 lines for classic plan with unlimited high speed data and voice.

Feedback Score
    I am paying around $122 per month for 5 lines for classic plan with unlimited high speed data and voice.
    I have 5-line voice with t-zone and 5 line data, nowadays, the bill reaches $87.
    I feel I paid too much