Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Fees Outrageously High

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T Fees Outrageously High

I was a long time AT&T customer until about a year ago when I ported out my 4 lines to Verizon. I immediately noticed that the taxes and fees on Verizon are just under $5 per line while the taxes and fees on AT&T were nearly $10 per line. Have the fees dropped at all since I left? I see this as a roundabout way for AT&T to charge customers more while advertising the plan prices as being the same. Double is a big difference. I am considering porting back in to get the free iPhone XS deal but I’m not sure what my new bill will look like. I am in MA. Any replies are appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevatorguy View Post
    I was a long time AT&T customer until about a year ago when I ported out my 4 lines to Verizon. I immediately noticed that the taxes and fees on Verizon are just under $5 per line while the taxes and fees on AT&T were nearly $10 per line. Have the fees dropped at all since I left? I see this as a roundabout way for AT&T to charge customers more while advertising the plan prices as being the same. Double is a big difference. I am considering porting back in to get the free iPhone XS deal but I’m not sure what my new bill will look like. I am in MA. Any replies are appreciated.
    Why you stick with the worst two carriers?
    Other carriers provides unlimited plan and taxes included

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    They're only worse. Surcharges have creeped up especially in the last year. I ended up canceling my wearable line because the surcharges and taxes were $7.80. And when you do the math that's freaking 78% in extra charges. Done.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Worst two carriers lol. Some people need reliable coverage that isn't a spilled bucket of magenta paint where coverage doesn't exist or roaming on Sprint's partners.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Why you stick with the worst two carriers?
    Other carriers provides unlimited plan and taxes included
    They're the costliest two, not the worst; Sprint is solidly in "worst national carrier in the country" position (in reliability, coverage, speed, customer service... basically everything but actual price.)

Anyway... yeah, I must agree, if I had control of things, "taxes and fees" would become "taxes". The loads of seperate fees are just so companies can false advertise a "plan" price that has nothing to do with what the plan actually costs. The worst I ever saw, the local duopoly (Mediacom cable and Centurylink DSL) were priced so high a few years ago, I almost got satellite internet. Except, the satellite "$40" plan was over $80 when "taxes and fees" were tacked on. This was of course like $3 in taxes and over $37 in bogus fees. Are you kidding me, a 100% markup!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Worst two carriers lol. Some people need reliable coverage that isn't a spilled bucket of magenta paint where coverage doesn't exist or roaming on Sprint's partners.

So, you stay with the robbers, not to complain.
    Or If you really like them, just do some work around to their prepaid brand like Visible or Cricket for 4 lines for $100 taxes included deal

Last edited by Androided; 02-03-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Depends where you live, but here is a snip of mine for Texas.

Name:  att.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  31.2 KB

Feedback Score
    I recently switched (last month) from AT&T to VZW and my taxes and fees per line (and total bill) went down considerably.

I was paying $228 for 5 lines (3 phones 2 hotspots) on AT&T. now $208 for 6 lines 4+2 on VZW. Actually $198 with FIOS discount (plus additional $10 off my FIIS). And I got $1000 for BYOD 4x$250).

Only negative is that the hotspots aren’t unlimited. Hard throttle after 15GB — but they’re only $10/month each. But no throttle on phones (I used 90GB so far this month on a 75GB unlimited plan).

Roaming to Europe sucks, too compared with AT&T. Similar $10/day travel plan. But no data (500MB) vs AT&T (unlimited).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    I recently switched (last month) from AT&T to VZW and my taxes and fees per line (and total bill) went down considerably.

I was paying $228 for 5 lines (3 phones 2 hotspots) on AT&T. now $208 for 6 lines 4+2 on VZW. Actually $198 with FIOS discount (plus additional $10 off my FIIS). And I got $1000 for BYOD 4x$250).

Only negative is that the hotspots aren’t unlimited. Hard throttle after 15GB — but they’re only $10/month each. But no throttle on phones (I used 90GB so far this month on a 75GB unlimited plan).

Roaming to Europe sucks, too compared with AT&T. Similar $10/day travel plan. But no data (500MB) vs AT&T (unlimited).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Own 10 lines on T-Mobile (5 lined voice with unlimited internet t-zone on grandfathered family 1000 plan, and 5 data lines) total $85.80 bill per month, data lines have free roaming worldwide

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Att has the highest fees it seems. I had the same price plan in the same state on Verizon and the bill was almost $5 cheaper. Ridiculous to say the least

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  21.8 KB

$5.20 in taxes & fees for me.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score
    Here's mine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Here's mine
    $3.49 here also. Using just a data plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies so far. I see this as shady business practice and really nothing less than a way for AT&T to add about $5 per line to their advertised plan prices by going through the backdoor. Is anyone here from Massachusetts and can post their per line taxes and fees total or screenshot it? Thanks again. I would stay with Verizon but my kids want new phones and the free iPhone XS deal looks enticing. If the fees are $5 higher per line with AT&T plus my $10 loss of FIOS/wireless discount I will see a net increase of $30 a month on my bill. The phones take 30 months to drop off so I’m out of pocket $900 for these “free” phones haha.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that the fees and taxes differ state to state and market to market with all carriers. I am not and will not defend any carrier's billing practices. I want to pay as little as I have to without sacrificing features on my phone just like anyone else.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast