Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile & Sprint now verify call with SHAKEN/ STIR

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile & Sprint now verify call with SHAKEN/ STIR

This should help to kill more SPAM calls but those Spam guys will find another work around before Long.

“ The verification program, using a system known as SHAKEN/STIR, validates that calls from another network came from an actual caller on that network. That allows the receiving party to see some kind of symbol or alert informing them that the call is verified as real, theoretically encouraging them to pick up the phone because they can be relatively confident that an actual person is on the line.”

“ T-Mobile has already started verifying calls between its customers as well as with AT&T and Comcast customers. But it still doesn’t validate calls from Verizon customers, and AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint have announced even fewer call verification partnerships with major providers so far. Sprint also announced today that it would authenticate calls with Comcast.”

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21...robocalls-spam

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    This should help to kill more SPAM calls but those Spam guys will find another work around before Long.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21...robocalls-spam
    Got three scam calls today , they did nothing for them
    Previously, most scamming call show " Scam likely" , now it becomes worse

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I got 3 today that announced 'Scam likely'.
    It's still working for me as of an hour or so ago.

My phone says either the number of the caller or the name of the caller if they are in my contacts or 'Scam likely' if it's probably a scam caller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Got three scam calls today , they did nothing for them
    Previously, most scamming call show " Scam likely" , now it becomes worse

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I got 3 today that announced 'Scam likely'.
    It's still working for me as of an hour or so ago.

My phone says either the number of the caller or the name of the caller if they are in my contacts or 'Scam likely' if it's probably a scam caller.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2
    I had one snam call today that was spoofing the phone number. However as of today it only works between AT&T and Comcast today. I am guessing that most spam callers are using land lines or internet lines not mobile phones. But, there is a new law that will force all phone lines to work together to stop this spoofing of other people’s phone numbers. Few people probably read the article but T-Mobile is just giving you a notice only when the numbers have been verified as real. Until every mobile, land line network and internet based phone’s service comply with the new law you won’t see a lot of notices. This is the line that said how it will work.

That allows the receiving party to see some kind of symbol or alert informing them that the call is verified as real, theoretically encouraging them to pick up the phone because they can be relatively confident that an actual person is on the line.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This requires all mobile, land line and internet phone service cooperation to stop this spoofing by verifying who owned that phone number. Maybe Verizon can get off their *** and join T- Mobile like AT&T and Sprint has done. T-Mobile can’t do this without not only the mobile phones network but they will need the support of every land line and internet service for this to work.

Here is a little more on what is going on. https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobil...callerverified

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Most of these calls are coming from VOIP lines in India so if its necessary for a the originating carrier to also be part of this it'll be a whack a mole for decades.

My understanding is that this service is still restricted to mainly postpaid customers, something that is never mentioned in press releases, so this is just a service differentiator for mobile carriers rather than an actual attempt at fixing an issue as it's being presented.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Most of these calls are coming from VOIP lines in India so if its necessary for a the originating carrier to also be part of this it'll be a whack a mole for decades.

My understanding is that this service is still restricted to mainly postpaid customers, something that is never mentioned in press releases, so this is just a service differentiator for mobile carriers rather than an actual attempt at fixing an issue as it's being presented.
    Generally isn’t true with T-Mobile. T-Mobile prepaid and metro generally get the same feature sets that postpaid does. The only huge difference between the prepaid and postpaid sections of T-Mobile are network priority (metro is prioritized lower) and international roaming. T-Mobile has always done a good job of treating prepaid on almost equal footing as postpaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Generally isn’t true with T-Mobile. T-Mobile prepaid and metro generally get the same feature sets that postpaid does. The only huge difference between the prepaid and postpaid sections of T-Mobile are network priority (metro is prioritized lower) and international roaming. T-Mobile has always done a good job of treating prepaid on almost equal footing as postpaid.
    Full of false.
    There is no network priority between Metro vs. T-Mobile

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Full of false.
    There is no network priority between Metro vs. T-Mobile

So T-Mobile is just lying here, and you know the real truth?

Tip of the day: Before claiming something is false, check to see if it actually is false.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 02-06-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    This feature was rolled out to Metro but not to Tmobile prepaid and no MVNO (which makes up a huge percentage of 'prepaid') has gotten it at all.

Feedback Score
    This feature was rolled out to Metro but not to Tmobile prepaid and no MVNO (which makes up a huge percentage of 'prepaid') has gotten it at all.
    Mvno's not getting it isn't really the same as "keeping it a postpaid option only". It is odd that TMobile doesn't extend it to TMobile prepaid, but they do to metro customers which make up the vast majority of their branded prepaid users, so, as I said, generally TMobile is very good about giving it's prepaid customers the same features as they do their postpaid.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    so, as I said, generally TMobile is very good about giving it's prepaid customers the same features as they do their postpaid.
    Which is wrong in this case.

Feedback Score
    Which is wrong in this case.
    Incorrect. Their flagship prepaid offering got the same feature as their postpaid offering.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Incorrect. Their flagship prepaid offering got the same feature as their postpaid offering.
    When did they change that and is it available across their prepaid? Prepaid is more than a single 'flagship'.

Feedback Score
    So T-Mobile is just lying here, and you know the real truth?

Tip of the day: Before claiming something is false, check to see if it actually is false.
    In real environment test, it doesn't show prepaid get lower priority.
    I own both Metro and T-Mobile postpaid, I work in downtown core of Dallas. Network congestion all the time all day long, there is no detectable differences between Metro and postpaid TMobile

Last edited by Androided; 02-07-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast