Thread: Would Verizon follow at&t?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Would Verizon follow at&t?

at&t just dropped price for the their "ELITE" plan. If you have it, they charge you as "EXTRA". Now you pay $40 per line instead of $50 (4 lines). Would Verizon do anything similar?
    "Inside many liberals is a totalitarian screaming to get out. They don't like to have another point of view in the room that they don't squash and the way they try to squash it is by character assassination and name calling."

Feedback Score
    What does this “elite” plan offer that’s comparable to what Verizon offers? I’ve never heard of it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    What does this “elite” plan offer that’s comparable to what Verizon offers? I’ve never heard of it.
    Unlimited talk, text & data in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada
    After 100GB, AT&T may slow data speeds when the network is busy. Roaming may be at 2G speed.
    High-definition streaming
    Plan includes Stream Saver. Stream video in HD quality, when available, with Stream Saver turned off.
    Automatic fraud blocking and Spam Risk alerts
    Unlimited texting from U.S. to 120+ countries
    30GB mobile hotspot per line
    After 30GB, mobile hotspot speed slowed to a maximum of 128Kbps.
    5G access
    Req’s compatible device for 5G connection. Limited availability. May not be available in your area. Details: att.com/5Gforyou
    100GB of premium data
    After 100GB AT&T may slow data speeds when the network is busy.
    HBO® included—at no extra charge
    Video may be ltd to SD. Requires compatible device & activating HBO at www.att.com/myatt. Content, programming and channels subject to change. $50 per line (now $40) for 4 lines.
    P.S. Just found out from my co worker, you have to have FAN discount.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    100 GB prioritized data, 30 GB hotspot, and other perks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    100 GB prioritized data, 30 GB hotspot, and other perks
    Yeah except after the 30 GB hotspot you only get 128 kbps which is useless. Compared to 600 kbps on Verizon which is sightly less useless

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Yeah except after the 30 GB hotspot you only get 128 kbps which is useless. Compared to 600 kbps on Verizon which is sightly less useless
    Still all useless... like seriously their LTE networks are pretty robust.... I have ATT and unlimited hotspot should be a option...unlimited as in high speed not slug 128 k bullcrap..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Well, you can in fact get by on the 600kbps, it's much better than 128kbps throttle.

at&t just dropped price for the their "ELITE" plan. If you have it, they charge you as "EXTRA". Now you pay $40 per line instead of $50 (4 lines). Would Verizon do anything similar?
    Would not be surprised; VZW and AT&T have generally competed more with each other than with T-Mo and Sprint; one of VZW and AT&T raises price, the other feels less pressure and raises their price similarly. One of them starts lowering prices and the other generally follows. With T-Mo in the last year or two using their 600 and 700mhz spectrum to fill out and expand coverage, I could see them putting more competitive pressure on AT&T and VZW.

What I'd like, is if for marketing reasons they end up applying some of the (currently mmwave only for Verizon) 5G limits to DSS 5G. I doubt they could keep the "no deprio" outside mmwave areas, but having 50GB of hotspot and 3mbps throttle (even if it was still deprio'ed at 22GB...) would be enough to get me to consider 5G even without mmwave coverage.