iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile Q4 2019 Results

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-q4-fy19-earnings

Strong Customer Growth:

1.9 million total net additions in Q4 2019 - 7.0 million in 2019 - 6th year in a row of more than 5 million total net additions
    1.3 million branded postpaid net additions in Q4 2019, best in industry - 4.5 million in 2019, best in industry
    1.0 million branded postpaid phone net additions in Q4 2019, best in industry - 3.1 million in 2019, best in industry
    77,000 branded prepaid net additions in Q4 2019 - 339,000 in 2019
    Branded postpaid phone churn of 1.01% in Q4 2019, up 2 bps YoY - 0.89% in 2019, down 12 bps from 2018

First Nationwide 5G Network:
    Launched the first nationwide 5G network utilizing 600 MHz spectrum, forming the foundational 5G coverage layer for New T-Mobile; network covers more than 200 million people and more than 5,000 cities and towns
    4G LTE on 600 MHz now covers 248 million people and 1.5 million square miles
    Currently, more than 33 million 600 MHz compatible devices already on our network
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Currently, more than 33 million 600 MHz compatible devices already on our network
    Oh you mean the whole 5X5 MHz? Whoopee.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Oh you mean the whole 5X5 MHz? Whoopee.
    So ridiculous and un-true facts. T- Mobile came away with 1,525 licenses of 600 MHz with an average of 31 MHz nationwide. So T-Mobile owns 15X15 MHz on average nationwide. T-Mobile owns almost the same amount of non-mmWave spectrum as your Verizon. At least T-Mobile’s is far ahead in population in 5G spectrum than AT&T and Verizon combined.

AT&T and Verizon 5G is almost all mmWave that is useless unless you are not moving as you stand outside next to the transmitter if it’s not raining and there are no obstructions like trees. Whoopee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So ridiculous and un-true facts. T- Mobile came away with 1,525 licenses of 600 MHz with an average of 31 MHz nationwide. So T-Mobile owns 15X15 MHz on average nationwide. T-Mobile owns almost the same amount of non-mmWave spectrum as your Verizon.
    Except only 5X5 is used for LTE ninny. Can you read? "4G LTE on 600 MHz now covers 248 million people and 1.5 million square miles"

MY Verizon? I don't own Verizon and I'd be happy to change carriers anytime when an opportunity presents itself. I COULD have had T-Mobile chosen to deploy 15X15 over 4G LTE. The decision not to is in fact the reason why I would no longer consider T-Mobile for the time being probably at least 2 years.

Verizon has 10X10 of band 13 and 10X10 of band 5, vs T-Mobile 5X5 of band 71 and 5X5 of band 12. That's DOUBLE.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-q4-fy19-earnings

Strong Customer Growth:

1.9 million total net additions in Q4 2019 - 7.0 million in 2019 - 6th year in a row of more than 5 million total net additions
    1.3 million branded postpaid net additions in Q4 2019, best in industry - 4.5 million in 2019, best in industry
    1.0 million branded postpaid phone net additions in Q4 2019, best in industry - 3.1 million in 2019, best in industry
    77,000 branded prepaid net additions in Q4 2019 - 339,000 in 2019
    Branded postpaid phone churn of 1.01% in Q4 2019, up 2 bps YoY - 0.89% in 2019, down 12 bps from 2018

First Nationwide 5G Network:
    Launched the first nationwide 5G network utilizing 600 MHz spectrum, forming the foundational 5G coverage layer for New T-Mobile; network covers more than 200 million people and more than 5,000 cities and towns
    Thanks Danny. T-Mobile keeps winning the Cell service best in industry customers growth year after year.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Except only 5X5 is used for LTE ninny. Can you read? "4G LTE on 600 MHz now covers 248 million people and 1.5 million square miles"

MY Verizon? I don't own Verizon and I'd be happy to change carriers anytime when an opportunity presents itself. I COULD have had T-Mobile chosen to deploy 15X15 over 4G LTE. The decision not to is in fact the reason why I would no longer consider T-Mobile for the time being probably at least 2 years.

Verizon has 10X10 of band 13 and 10X10 of band 5, vs T-Mobile 5X5 of band 71 and 5X5 of band 12. That's DOUBLE.
    There you go again with the personal name calling.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    So ridiculous and un-true facts. T- Mobile came away with 1,525 licenses of 600 MHz with an average of 31 MHz nationwide. So T-Mobile owns 15X15 MHz on average nationwide. T-Mobile owns almost the same amount of non-mmWave spectrum as your Verizon. At least T-Mobile’s is far ahead in population in 5G spectrum than AT&T and Verizon combined.
    Pretty sure he is referencing the LTE part of the conflated statement, not the 5G NR network. He's not far off from the truth regarding the LTE part of the statement. Most LTE on B71, where it was already running, went down to 5x5 on average in order to light up 5G.

Those statements being conflated with the 5G network statements obviously shows T-Mobile wants it to look better than reality.

How many of those 33 million 600Mhz-ready devices are 5G devices? My guess is <3mil. The majority of those devices are ones that have LTE B71, not 5G on n71. Most devices aren't actually seeing improvements from the 600Mhz deployments being reserved for 5G, so Jack's statements are closer to the truth.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Adding in that T-Mobile doesn’t expect DSS to be a factor this year, most customers really won’t see major improvements until they upgrade devices over the next couple years:
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-ahead-for-dss

T-Mobile does feel like they have a leg up on 5G devices, similar to Verizon when they deployed nationwide LTE. That is a good presumption if DSS delays are true.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has on average 31 MHz nation wide in 600 MHz licenses. Current T-Mobile is deploying 5G in 5x5 MHz on 600 MHz. T-Mobile is deploying LTE 600 MHz on average 10X10 MHz with LTE Nation Wide. In some places not all 600 MHz TV stations have left the spectrum but the majority of the 600 licenses nationwide are completed. In a few places in the nation T-Mobile has 50 MHz of 600 MHz and other places less. T-Mobile owns 600 MHz nationwide. Yet we always get these people that don’t like T-Mobile throwing out bad information to trash T-Mobile. Then they start name calling when someone that likes T-Mobile points out what T-Mobile has.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-07-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Most of the B71 LTE sites in Michigan have been 5x5 since launch including the Thumb area where they can do 20x20. I've only seen a handful in lower Michigan at 10 MHz but I think they are all 10x10 in the U.P.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how T-Mobile's network grows this year. If the merger goes through, they will have enough spectrum to have a killer sub-6 5G network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has on average 31 MHz nation wide in 600 MHz licenses. Current T-Mobile is deploying 5G in 5x5 MHz on 600 MHz. T-Mobile is deploying LTE in on average 10X10 MHz with LTE Nation Wide. In some places not all TV stations have left the spectrum but the majority of the 600 licenses nationwide are completed. In a few places in the nation T-Mobile has 50 MHz and other less. Yet we always get these people that don’t like T-Mobile throwing out bad information to trash T-Mobile. Then they start name calling when someone that likes T-Mobile points out what T-Mobile has.
    That is completely inconsistent to report, after report, and additional reports, and more reports. Even the post before this counters parts of your comments. /shrug

T-Mobile is definitely prioritizing band 71 for 5G; they leave little for LTE unless they can't get 5G lit up. Is this a bad thing? No, but claiming that they have 33million devices that can benefit from virtually inaccessible spectrum is. A device without n71, but has LTE B71, will not really benefit from that spectrum until DSS is implemented.

That said, even without pushing 5G they have done well this year. When they have Verizon going after them in ads, that's something.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haas_Dave; 02-07-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here we go again. Danny posts T-Mobile Q4 2019 Results as a thread and a bunch of Verizon customers can’t stand the fact T-Mobile is beating the other networks in new customers. The other networks customers just have to change the subject to attack instead of talking about T-Mobile’s financial success.

Those reports above are useless since there is no date or where that location is they are talking about. For all we know most of those reports could be come other people that are trashing T-Mobile on Reddit. Just more attacks from Verizon customers any time T-Mobile shows any successful event.

BTW, I never talked about 33 million devices. However I have a S9 that supports B71 and I see and use Band71 in South Florida that is the third most populated state but this Verizon customer claiming T-Mobile B71 is “ virtually inaccessible spectrum “.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-07-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

You’ve been warned many times, the personal attacks and comments towards others is not welcome here. If you can’t argue without resorting to this, it would be best to find another forum to spend your time at.

There you go again with the personal name calling.
    Report it, don’t respond to it. The staff here will respond as necessary when they have the time.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    Everyone needs to stop arguing about trivial stuff. We don't want the boards to become the argue forums.
    Last edited by Guest597; 02-09-2020 at 05:01 AM.

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Tmobile being tough on DSS........

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20200207...de-super-cycle

Quote from article...

He was less positive about Dynamic Spectrum Sharing, in which both LTE and 5G operate in the same swath of spectrum.

“We’ve been a key proponent and driver of that technology, but it’s late,” Ray said, adding, “What we’re seeing, unfortunately, as you know, we are seeing some vendor delays there. There’s a lot of information coming through as we start to fully test software and capability in the future. … We’re seeing as we learn more that, as you deploy DSS, it kind of eats away on the net capacity of the shared radio. And if you rush into that now, some of the early roll-outs and workarounds and pieces that we’ve seen are pretty corrosive and they would suck up capacity just by rolling out the feature.”

“It’s to be a tough year on DSS,” Ray said, adding that “I’m not being super negative about it. I’m just saying it’s got challenges.” But, he said, “We’ll keep pushing. The industry will. The good news for us is that we clearly, as we’ve demonstrated, don’t have to wait for DSS for our low-band deployment.”

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast