Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How can we make sure Huawei is not used by AT&T?

Feedback Score
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...against-huawei

Department of Justice is thankfully very proactive now on this issue.

Feedback Score
    There's no accusation against Huawei for spying through their RAN equipment.

How does any of this make Huawei RAN equipment insecure?
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon View Post
    There's no accusation against Huawei for spying through their RAN equipment.

How does any of this make Huawei RAN equipment insecure?
    I would never buy any chinese branded equipment. When offshore I would work with the federal government of the USA on how I can best protect my equipment which is non chinese branded. I would not give any money to Chinese brands. Unfortunately if using an offshore mobile provider, its hard to determine if chinese equipment is in the backend and how to protect yourself.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I would never buy any chinese branded equipment. When offshore I would work with the federal government of the USA on how I can best protect my equipment which is non chinese branded. I would not give any money to Chinese brands. Unfortunately if using an offshore mobile provider, its hard to determine if chinese equipment is in the backend and how to protect yourself.
    You seem to be overthinking this, almost to the extreme of paranoia. I suppose you will never own an iPhone because they are manufactured in China.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I would never buy any chinese branded equipment.
    Which in of itself would be difficult, because even if you didn't buy "chinese branded equipment" because even "American branded equipment" could contain parts made in China. Even the PCB or microprocessors etc.. could be Made in China. It's like saying I'm only going to be buying an "American branded car", other than looking at the VIN the parts themselves could have been made in Mexico, even "American branded cars" are made in Mexico and historically, Canada. When you purchase "American branded equipment/cars" some of that money went to pay suppliers from outside the USA.

The manufacturing base of the USA is pretty much wiped out. We just can't compete in terms of wages.

When offshore I would work with the federal government of the USA on how I can best protect my equipment which is non chinese branded.
    That's why countries like China invest a lot in counterintelligence, to prevent the likes of the USA to trying to find out the best ways to protect information/data. And, that would depend on a lot of the Federal Government feels like helping, because more often than not, they're not going to tell you what they know.

I would not give any money to Chinese brands. Unfortunately if using an offshore mobile provider, its hard to determine if chinese equipment is in the backend and how to protect yourself.
    See above, good luck in trying to find out what content is Chinese.

Feedback Score
    @LTENetwork, you seem to be changing your tune. First you were concerned Huawei telecom equipment presents a security risk to end users. Now, you are saying you don't want to support Chinese companies.

Those are completely different things.

You're also using vague terminology like "backend" and "nefarious processing tricks". Do you have specific technical details to provide that can demonstrate Huawei RAN security flaws?

Feedback Score
    I would think one would be more concerned about IMSI catchers https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSI-catcher which allows for wire tapping and eavesdropping of calls by government and police agencies.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I can manually select bands while roaming in Canada so I would say you should while out of the U.S. as well. If Service Menus are blocked internationally, it's most likely that carriers SIM provisioning preventing access like Verizon has been doing for some time. There is an easy work around for that however.
    Is the work around simply a SIM pop and reboot or is there a more elegant way of doing it ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3