Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Total Wireless Legalizes Hotspot Use (10GB per line)

Feedback Score
    >Not really. If your device supports it they allow it but nothing says the devices they sell have to support it.

That's where the 30-day no-question-asked return policy comes in. It's stated on the same page above, along with the hotspot feature. In addition, retail stores that carry TW phones typically allow 14-day returns.

Unlike VoLTE, hotspot is now stated in the plans, and everyone will want to have hotspot use. It would well behoove TW to have phones with said feature, as else the phones would be certainly be returned otherwise.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Sure, it'd be a good idea and I expect most of the current (new not old refurbs) devices will.

But there no requirement that all devices sold support hotspot. And it's ludicrous to suggest that 4+ yr old devices should. (As some have complained about here)

And of course most unlocked device have supported it for a while even is TW didn't allow it.

But I don't see how it's different from VoLTE years ago when the carriers were touting it being available but it wasn't on all devices (nor was it added retroactively to many devices).

What's different is the customer base of TW today vs the carriers back then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    iPhones are always safe, as long as they aren't "too old," as they have the best carrier support. It's the Android ones that the caveats apply.
    I have two UNLOCKED iPhones, a 7 and an 11Pro, on my plan, that don't have the Hotspot. Before or now.
    iPhones suck.

My S10 and my wife's Moto G7 (both unlocked) always had the Hotspot active (now is legal).

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My friend at work is using TW with an iPhone 6s. He just got a carrier update that enabled wifi calling but he still cannot use hotspot/tethering. Can TW support send down a carrier update to enable hotspot/tethering?

Sent from my SM-N975U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I have two UNLOCKED iPhones, a 7 and an 11Pro, on my plan, that don't have the Hotspot. Before or now.
    Did you ask TW to enable it? Call 611611 or CS.

Though note the reported data speed issue.

Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    Can TW support send down a carrier update to enable hotspot/tethering?
    Yes, but check other threads for reports of slow data if they enable it, also discussion of fixes for that.

Feedback Score
    My friend at work is using TW with an iPhone 6s. He just got a carrier update that enabled wifi calling but he still cannot use hotspot/tethering. Can TW support send down a carrier update to enable hotspot/tethering? Sent from my SM-N975U using HoFo mobile app
    what plan is your friend on ?? from what i can find, hotspot use is on plans $35 & up.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He's on the 3 line family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what plan is your friend on ?? from what i can find, hotspot use is on plans $35 & up.

Feedback Score
    He's on the 3 line family plan.

I have a TW iPhone SE and got the notice for carrier update. Hotspot is visible and works extremely well. It's been years since I've used it since switching to iPhones over android (yeah I know, but the quality is better) and can't believe I've missed out on this for so long. Good on TW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2