Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone lost all my data!

Feedback Score
    My backup phone is with Mint mobile. They're Tmobile if you like TMo. Cheapest is $15 a month for 3 months, 3gb a month (goes up unless you buy the yearly plan). Never heard of Mint taking away data.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Never heard of Mint taking away data.
    This was not an action by TF Anti-Fraud Dept. It was a FUBAR in their system and affected all TF/T-mo customers, not just the ones with high Data balance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The screenshots of balance info from the MyAccount app or 611611 can be used when submitting a complaint with the FCC and Miami BBB. When dealing with TF reps, only the chat transcript and ticket number are useful.
    How does that work? I filed a complaint with BBB, but couldn't see any way to attach screenshots.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sasailor View Post
    How does that work? I filed a complaint with BBB, but couldn't see any way to attach screenshots.
    I've never filed an actual complaint with the FCC or BBB, and didn't see a way to attach files when I went through the process on the BBB site. But since the BBB is supposed to send you an email acknowledging your complaint, I suppose you can reply to that email with attachments. If that's not the case, I'm sorry for giving wrong information.

Feedback Score
    update: All 12GB on each phone has been restored. 3 chats and all is back to how it was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I've never filed an actual complaint with the FCC or BBB, and didn't see a way to attach files when I went through the process on the BBB site. But since the BBB is supposed to send you an email acknowledging your complaint, I suppose you can reply to that email with attachments. If that's not the case, I'm sorry for giving wrong information.
    If I recall correctly from a recent BBB, the option to attach anything will appear after the business has presented its first response. I guess you have to wait until your case gets someone's attention before flooding the system with attachments.

The emails are just FYI/no reply, with a link to your login.

Feedback Score
    Seems everyone but @beev is getting their data back through their chats. Wonder why @beev is not ??

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Seems everyone but @beev is getting their data back through their chats. Wonder why @beev is not ??
    CAL7 is having difficulty also. Hope he'll have better luck today.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm on the phone with the Corporate Office in Miami. There number is 800.626.4883. Customer Service is a joke. They all keep repeating you have no data because you used it all. Anyway when the operator asks you what provider when you tell her why your calling. As soon as you utter the word T-Mobile she transfers you to someone that can help. Phone #1 has its data back. She's working on phone #2 now.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Success! I called Miami, and it wasn't easy, but ultimately they agreed with my position. The rep insisted that the previous chats had already credited my account (when, actually, in each case they had mistakenly further reduced my balance). Fortunately, I was staring at screen captures that gave the ticket number and a definite statement of my supposed balance. When she actually looked at that, she finally had no choice but to agree.

The suggestions from hpham, and others, to ask the chat agents for the balance was the only thing that saved my data.

Feedback Score
    Did 2 chats.Spoke to TF Corporate. Corporate said there is no issue with Users on Tmobile and that I was the first one to say so. Said I had consumed all of my data.
    Said go ahead and file a BBB complaint.
    Wondering whether it is worth the hassle or just leave TracFone. I don't want to buy anymore data from them

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by da19400 View Post
    Wondering whether it is worth the hassle or just leave TracFone. I don't want to buy anymore data from them
    It's a personal decision. I've used TF since 2001, although they cause me some grief now and then, there's no other service provider that fits my needs at such a low monthly cost (around $4/month). I'm staying.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by da19400 View Post
    Did 2 chats.Spoke to TF Corporate. Corporate said there is no issue with Users on Tmobile and that I was the first one to say so. Said I had consumed all of my data.
    Said go ahead and file a BBB complaint.
    Based on personal past experience, it's worth it. Usually the missing service time is added quietly, other times you will get notifications/contact from both BBB & tracfone.
    (Our) Phone History At-a-Glance:
    '08-on Tracfone (Vz) using:
    1. '19- : Vzw on Moto E5 (with unl talk $30)
    2. '17-'19 : BYOP(Vzw) on UsC Moto E4 + LG Rebel 3
    3. '16-'17 : BYOP(Vzw) on HTC Desire 526
    4. '14-'16 : Huawei Glory H868C
    5. '12-'14 : LG800g
    6. '08-'12 : Motorola W376g
    '05-'08 Verizon & Sprint used: Moto Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    '03-'05 Alltel & Cingular
    '01 AT&T

Device(s)
    SG S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone via T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I'm on the phone with the Corporate Office in Miami. There number is 800.626.4883.
    5th attempt so far. Called the number this time instead of chatting. They were able to verified that I had 2.7gb left and only restored 2gb. Thank you for the number.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    My backup phone is with Mint mobile. They're Tmobile if you like TMo. Cheapest is $15 a month for 3 months, 3gb a month (goes up unless you buy the yearly plan). Never heard of Mint taking away data.
    If anyone wants to try Mint Mobile here is a 99 cent offer to test their service for 7 days with a small talk/text/data allocation.
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13853510-mi...archBarV2Algo1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast