Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Sprint would have had to raise prices dramatically or go out of business and sell it self for scraps. So this price argument thing is garbage. Sprint is better off with T-Mobile buying them.
    Sprint would have been bought by another company, just at a far lower price. Who knows if they would have grown or shrunk, but any competition would have been better than none. Unfortunately, due to a combination of decades of spectrum mis-management, and now this horrendous court decision, we will permanently have 3 carriers in most of the US, not 4, and the very few areas that today have 5 viable carriers will drop to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Ten monkeys on ten typewriters could write a significantly better article than that piece of garbage from a self-important idiot who wants only clicks and "LOOK AT MEEEEEEE!".
    That's an utterly ridiculous comment. That was one of the sharpest and wittiest articles I've seen in tech in quite a while. While written to be entertaining and not a legal document, Nilay carefully skewered the judge's lazy, intellectually dishonest, and downright ridiculous ruling in support of the merger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Of course, this decision by the Judge for T-Sprint will go down in history as one of the worst decisions, especially given the absurdly poor legal rationale for it. .
    Versus denying it letting T-Mobile continue to be a distant 3rd place and forcing at&t and Verizon to make no more than meager changes and allowing Sprint to die and at&t and Verizon to snatch up it's corpse. This would be good for consumers how? As a you admit to being a huge at&t supporter I can see why you are mad because now at&t will have to offer better plans at lower prices and that might hurt their profits.

Feedback Score
    ...now this horrendous court decision, we will permanently have 3 carriers in most of the US, not 4, and the very few areas that today have 5 viable carriers will drop to 4...
    Seems pretty obvious.

It might be interesting to know if most supporting the merger if most of their monies towards cell service goes to postpaid service. And those that oppose the merger most of their monies go towards prepaid cellular services.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Versus denying it letting T-Mobile continue to be a distant 3rd place and forcing at&t and Verizon to make no more than meager changes and allowing Sprint to die and at&t and Verizon to snatch up it's corpse. This would be good for consumers how? As a you admit to being a huge at&t supporter I can see why you are mad because now at&t will have to offer better plans at lower prices and that might hurt their profits.
    Denying the merger would have been both the legally correct decision, as well as the correct decision for maintaining competition in the wireless market.

AT&T and Verizon are rejoicing. They are at least a decade ahead of T-Sprint, and now they have less competition to contend with.

What? That makes absolutely no sense. I wanted more competition so that there would be more competitive pressure on AT&T from a pricing perspective so that they would have to offer cheaper plans. In terms of coverage, they have exactly the same competition that they had a month ago: Verizon. And AT&T currently has plans to equal or surpass Verizon's coverage through FirstNET.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Denying the merger would have been both the legally correct decision, as well as the correct decision for maintaining competition in the wireless market........
    If you're so sure of that, why don't you appeal Judge Marrero's decision. After all, you're certain to be vindicated by the appeals panel.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    That's an utterly ridiculous comment.
    It's an entirely accurate assessment of that garbage article written by an idiot.

Feedback Score
    Denying the merger would have been both the legally correct decision
    blah blah blah blah blah

that's all that came out of that, because you're not a lawyer. Please save your legal advice for...no one.

Feedback Score
    It's puzzling thinking about the value people think they're getting because of this merger. Unless a stockholder I don't see any real world value. I can't see anything other than higher prices & lost jobs. And maybe marginally better coverage 3-5 years down the road.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It's puzzling thinking about the value people think they're getting because of this merger. Unless a stockholder I don't see any real world value. I can't see anything other than higher prices & lost jobs. And maybe marginally better coverage 3-5 years down the road.
    Don't forget the bragging rights. Being able to brag that the service we use is the clearly superior one puts us in an elite and exclusive group of hyper-intelligent people, making each of us one of the only 80 million or so that can make that claim!

Reminds me of a scene in a terrible and forgotten sitcom from several years ago called "S--t my Dad Says". The main character is showing off his new smartphone to his curmudgeonly dad, who says "why are *you* so proud of this thing? You didn't build it, you bought it. Any idiot with $200 can do that!"

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    That's because YOU can't see the value, because YOU don't understand--or wish not to understand--things.

I imagine lots of things in the world puzzle you. That's usually the case when it comes to things you know little about. Medicine is a great example. Most people are puzzled by that, because most people aren't doctors. But that doesn't mean facts about medicine aren't known. And smart people acknowledge that.

Just because you don't know something and aren't engaged in it, doesn't mean the facts surrounding it don't exist.

Feedback Score
    That's because YOU can't see the value, because YOU don't understand--or wish not to understand--things.

I imagine lots of things in the world puzzle you. That's usually the case when it comes to things you know little about. Medicine is a great example. Most people are puzzled by that, because most people aren't doctors. But that doesn't mean facts about medicine aren't known. And smart people acknowledge that.

Just because you don't know something and aren't engaged in it, doesn't mean the facts surrounding it don't exist.
    And what great benefits will YOU get from the merger?

Feedback Score
    Hopefully better coverage
    And what great benefits will YOU get from the merger?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It's an entirely accurate assessment of that garbage article written by an idiot.
    You posted idiotic drivel. If you had actually READ Nilay Patel's article, you would see that it is one of the most brilliantly written tech articles in quite some time, and makes many extremely salient points about the horrendous decision.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Hopefully better coverage
    If you wanted that, you'd have AT&T or Verizon already. Sprint and T-Mobile customers will just pay more for maybe marginally better coverage that they didn't want enough in the first place to pay more for it.

Feedback Score
    I think the coverage will improve over time. May not be immediate but I think it will come
    You posted idiotic drivel. If you had actually READ Nilay Patel's article, you would see that it is one of the most brilliantly written tech articles in quite some time, and makes many extremely salient points about the horrendous decision.

If you wanted that, you'd have AT&T or Verizon already. Sprint and T-Mobile customers will just pay more for maybe marginally better coverage that they didn't want enough in the first place to pay more for it.

Feedback Score
    ...If you wanted that, you'd have AT&T or Verizon already. Sprint and T-Mobile customers will just pay more for maybe marginally better coverage that they didn't want enough in the first place to pay more for it.
    So true. Pro merger people are acting like they own Sprint stock or they've eaten the laced apple sauce.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast