Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It's puzzling thinking about the value people think they're getting because of this merger. Unless a stockholder I don't see any real world value. I can't see anything other than higher prices & lost jobs. And maybe marginally better coverage 3-5 years down the road.
    You do realize that if the merger was denied Sprint would nearly immediately start cutting jobs. They sure as hell would not be investing in the network. Softbank made it clear if they had lost they would not stick another dime in Sprint. In many areas( like mine ) Sprint doesn't even offer service so we already only have 3 choices ) and Sprint would start leaving less profitable areas. Leaving those areas with only 3 choices. if sprint survived at all it'd be in a couple dozen markets and everywhere else everyone would have just 3 choices. Anyone that even think Sprint was going to magically turn things around is naive. I almost wish the merger got denied so it could be 100% proven that Sprint would be dead carrier walking. except I actually want what best for everyone and that's a third nationwide carrier that's on equal footing a Verizon and at&t.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    ...Softbank made it clear if they had lost they would not stick another dime in Sprint...
    Yes I believe that was what was said.
    Given SoftBank's history I didn't & don't believe this.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So funny watching all the T-Mobile haters cry about the judge allowing the merger. Oh boo who .... T-Mobile customers are very very happy with the merger. I could care less what the customers from the other networks think. T-Mobile is going to continue to get more new customers than both AT&T and Verizon combined.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Yes I believe that was what was said.
    Given SoftBank's history I didn't & don't believe this.
    You refuse to believe facts given to you because it doesn't support your worldview? Got it. given Sprint's history of being utter garbage for 10 years or more I'm hard pressed to see how you think they were going to magically turn things around?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So funny watching all the T-Mobile haters cry about the judge allowing the merger. Oh boo who .... T-Mobile customers are very very happy with the merger. I could care less what the customers from the other networks think. T-Mobile is going to continue to get more new customers than both AT&T and Verizon combined.
    Funny at least half the anti-merger people are T-Mobile supporters. I'm not a T-Mobile customer but I was for the merger because unlike those that can't see the situation for what it is, this merger will lead to better plans and lower prices for EVERYONE. Face it if your area now has T-Mobile coverage equal to or better than at&t and Verizon why would you go with either carrier if T-Mobile is offering better plans at cheaper prices? when enough Verizon an at&t customers leave the will be forced to adapt

Feedback Score
    Funny at least half the anti-merger people are T-Mobile supporters. I'm not a T-Mobile customer but I was for the merger because unlike those that can't see the situation for what it is, this merger will lead to better plans and lower prices for EVERYONE. Face it if your area now has T-Mobile coverage equal to or better than at&t and Verizon why would you go with either carrier if T-Mobile is offering better plans at cheaper prices? when enough Verizon an at&t customers leave the will be forced to adapt
    Almost as bad as most of the merger supporters being customers on cheap grandfathered plans, now wanting better coverage, when a year ago, coverage was just fine for them.

Quick question, what incentive does tmobile have to engage at&t and verizon in a price war and a race to the bottom for consumer accounts? In your words they don't do this now ), and they take almost 100% of the market growth right now. What incentive will they have to do this on a consumer level post merger. Now, you can make the claim they will be better suited to take on verizon and at&t in corporate accounts, and very well may engage them in a price war over those, how does that benefit the average consumer though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Sprint would have been bought by another company, just at a far lower price. Who knows if they would have grown or shrunk, but any competition would have been better than none. Unfortunately, due to a combination of decades of spectrum mis-management, and now this horrendous court decision, we will permanently have 3 carriers in most of the US, not 4, and the very few areas that today have 5 viable carriers will drop to 4.

That's an utterly ridiculous comment. That was one of the sharpest and wittiest articles I've seen in tech in quite a while. While written to be entertaining and not a legal document, Nilay carefully skewered the judge's lazy, intellectually dishonest, and downright ridiculous ruling in support of the merger.
    Which company would have bought Sprint? It didn't look like any company ,but T-Mobile was interested in buying Sprint. It seems like wishful thinking on your part. Regardless if the merger went through or not the US would have dropped from 4 major carriers to 3 carriers. Because Sprint was going to disappear with or without the merger. This merger is better for the entire country.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

Feedback Score
    Face it if your area now has T-Mobile coverage equal to or better than at&t and Verizon why would you go with either carrier if T-Mobile is offering better plans at cheaper prices?
    I spent four months carrying an AT&T branded flagship phone next to my T-Mobile branded flagship phone, and testing the services against each other. My geographic area was fairly wide.

I found out that AT&T service was no better than T-Mobile overall. They were, at best, equivalent. And yet, as apples to apples as I could get their top service tiers, AT&T came out to be ten bucks more per month--and even then, AT&T's plan had a cap on hotspot data where my T-Mobile plan doesn't.

So yeah, why would I go with AT&T if T-Mo serves me just as well, using a better plan at a cheaper price?

I ended my test and gave the phone to my wife for her Cricket service.

Feedback Score
    Why does everyone state the merger is a go? The fact is it is not a go at least yet. It is not a forgone conclusion yet. The tuney act review may stop if the remedy of dish is not enough tot the California PUC which hates trump with a passion says no as T-Mobile will not want to pu out of California so thus killing the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Which company would have bought Sprint? It didn't look like any company ,but T-Mobile was interested in buying Sprint. It seems like wishful thinking on your part. Regardless if the merger went through or not the US would have dropped from 4 major carriers to 3 carriers. Because Sprint was going to disappear with or without the merger. This merger is better for the entire country.
    For one in any bankruptcy that sprint would enter I think a cable company or even fish network would pick up sprint on the cheap in a bankruptcy. There are options it’s just a matter of what a company is willing to pay and what the idiot Sun wants as a seller. I think Sun is like a seller on Letgo who wants sky high near new prices and the fact of the matter is the buyers want to buy at crack head prices as in heard 100 million for sun aka SoftBank now go get some crack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Almost as bad as most of the merger supporters being customers on cheap grandfathered plans, now wanting better coverage, when a year ago, coverage was just fine for them.
    I started 7 years ago with t-mo, with a high end Simple Choice plan that gave me hotspot. I knew what I was doing; I didn't want to do business with either AT&T or Verizon, and was comfortable supporting the underdog.

Over those 7 years, t-mo validated my choice. I remember the limitations of coverage 7 years ago; I've actively watched as coverage has improved by leaps and bounds. And imagine my surprise when I found myself in the middle of nowhere--Franklin, PA--about 6 months ago, only to find T-Mobile data speeds of 60 down and 30 up--

--and AT&T data speeds about a quarter of that.

So I have very direct experience setting my expectation that T-Mo service will improve dramatically while having facts to back up that the Big Two are examples of the emperor having no clothes.

At any time over the last 7 years, had t-mo not improved, I could have--and would have--bitten the bullet and jumped ship. But they gave me no reason to.

Rather, they've given me plenty of reason to stay on and to support their business plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. The rumors of at&t dumping direct tv have been around for a whole, and at&t has shot each and every one of them down, and has shown no desire to spin off, or sell, direct tv. Things can obviously change, but, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Interesting if att sells off direct tv aka att tv aka att tv now to Dish. Or is direct tv buying dish? If so does that mean att then owns dish network boost mobile and fold boost into cricket and dish network cell service into att? Anti trust concerns here anyone? How about the govt owns the cell i infrastructure and the att T-Mobile Verizon become only MVMO

Feedback Score
    You refuse to believe facts given to you because it doesn't support your worldview? Got it. given Sprint's history of being utter garbage for 10 years or more I'm hard pressed to see how you think they were going to magically turn things around?
    You can't have "facts" on something that never will happen. We will never know what would of happened if the merger was denied. So, anything you, or anyone else claims would of happened is just opinion. Not "facts". People throw the facts word around way to freely. You can prove facts, you can't prove something that never happened.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    By saying angry boomer that is racist and agist as well.

Exactly what race is a boomer? That's alright, I'm a proud ageist. I have no qualms about it. Boomers are the dregs of society. There comes a point, In everyone's life where they become old and out of touch, instead of fighting to hold on, they need to let go and let the younger generation take control. I realize I also will reach this point in life, and I proudly accept that I will step aside and let the younger generation have their moment instead of trying to hold on.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No one believes any of these T-Mobile haters that come here only only to trash a network like T- Mobile that they are clueless about in every way since they aren’t even real customers. Really does anyone think they are getting happy T-Mobile customers to switch to the other overpriced and overrated networks?

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast