Thread: Tethering on RedPocket CDMAV?

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score

Tethering on RedPocket CDMAV?

Wife needed internet to do work on her laptop while at kids basketball practice. I walked her through setting it up and had her turn it on. It worked fine for 20 minutes or so until she was done. Do they allow this or if you abuse it (constantly tethering) will they yank your data or anything? We're on the annual plan with 5GB. My wife maybe uses 1.5GB on average per month.

Feedback Score
    It is allowed on Red Pocket CDMA. Officially supported on iOS, but I don't think they stop anyone on Android from using it.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Not heard of any cases where anybody got reprimanded for tethering. For the most part, I think it falls under don't ask, don't tell.

Some mvnos like straight talk used to be very stingy and protective of their data. Don't know if they still operate like that.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Not heard of any cases where anybody got reprimanded for tethering. For the most part, I think it falls under don't ask, don't tell.

Some mvnos like straight talk used to be very stingy and protective of their data. Don't know if they still operate like that.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app
    Typically most carriers and MVNOs don't really care about tethering if you're account has a hard cap, the theory being you paid $X for Y GBs of data, so they're yours to use as you wish. (The OP apparently has a 5GB/month plan.)

It's a different story when you have an "unlimited" plan- meaning "unlimited" data on that device only. Sort of like how you can share your meal or bring home a doggie bag from a regular restaurant, but can't do either at an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    redpocket cdmav user here, you can tether on android phones. I've tethered a few times over the past two years