Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless +Samsung Galaxy s10+ from 4G LTE to 1X when making a call

Feedback Score

Total Wireless +Samsung Galaxy s10+ from 4G LTE to 1X when making a call

Hello!

I am on Total Wireless and have a Samsung Galaxy S10+.
    Recently start experiencing an issue with connectivity when making a call...I would have a 4 bars 4G LTE once I start calling it drops to 1X...Usually the other party can barely hear me, a lot of times the call would just keep dropping.
    I have been with Total Wireless for a few years now and had s10+ for about 7 months now. This is a new thing. Have contacted TW multiple times now, they seem not to know anything about it. I am desperate. My husband has an Iphone 6 Plus that has no similar issue.
    Please help me!

Yulia

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    I am assuming you have HD Voice/VoLTE before and now the phone is dropping to 1x when making a call ?? Go into your Phone Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks and make sure VoLTE/HD Voice is turned on.

Feedback Score

Total Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I am assuming you have HD Voice/VoLTE before and now the phone is dropping to 1x when making a call ?? Go into your Phone Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks and make sure VoLTE/HD Voice is turned on.
    Hi!
    I can not find the option VoLTE in my settings. I've searched everywhere.
    It seem like Total Wireless does not support it.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YuliaS View Post
    Hi!
    I can not find the option VoLTE in my settings. I've searched everywhere.
    It seem like Total Wireless does not support it.
    You look under settings, mobile network? It should be there... it’ll be called VoLTE or “advanced LTE” or something like that.

Total wireless prob supports it as they sort of will have to by the end of the year when cdma gets shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Hi! I can not find the option VoLTE in my settings. I've searched everywhere. It seem like Total Wireless does not support it.
    does your phone have all the latest updates ?? what android version is your phone running ??

Feedback Score

Phone Updates

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does your phone have all the latest updates ?? what android version is your phone running ??
    Hi,

Android version is 9.
    No updates available - up to date.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hi, Android version is 9. No updates available - up to date. Thanks
    see here on how to enable VoLTE - https://www.androidcentral.com/how-e...lte-galaxy-s10

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Android version is 9.
    No updates available - up to date.

Thanks
    That's not the correct Samsung S10 for USA. My S10 is on Android 10 since last year, I even had an update on February 4th 2020.
    My S10 unlocked (SM-G973U1) had VoLTE on TotalWireless since I bought it on samsung.com (March 2019), when it was still with Android 9...

If you install the app "Phone INFO Samsung", what does it report?

Feedback Score

Another issue

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    That's not the correct Samsung S10 for USA. My S10 is on Android 10 since last year, I even had an update on February 4th 2020.
    My S10 unlocked (SM-G973U1) had VoLTE on TotalWireless since I bought it on samsung.com (March 2019), when it was still with Android 9...

If you install the app "Phone INFO Samsung", what does it report?
    Hi.

Okay, i just found out that I have another issue.
    I purchased this phone from a friend of a friend about 8 months ago or so. It is a Verizon phone and apparently, still locked to Verizon. That is why I am experiencing a few issues for sure. I wonder, will I be able to unlock the phone without the person that sold it to me? Will Verizon be able to do that?

Feedback Score
    Hi. Okay, i just found out that I have another issue. I purchased this phone from a friend of a friend about 8 months ago or so. It is a Verizon phone and apparently, still locked to Verizon. That is why I am experiencing a few issues for sure. I wonder, will I be able to unlock the phone without the person that sold it to me? Will Verizon be able to do that?
    see this here - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-locking-faqs/

Feedback Score
    Hi.

I purchased this phone from a friend of a friend about 8 months ago or so. It is a Verizon phone and apparently, still locked to Verizon.
    Maybe I missed something.
    OP, you had the phone activated on TW 7 months ago and it was ok until recently ?

My confusion gang: if it was locked to Verizon it wouldn't have been able to activate it on TW (?)

Feedback Score
    Hi.

I purchased this phone from a friend of a friend about 8 months ago or so. It is a Verizon phone and apparently, still locked to Verizon. That is why I am experiencing a few issues for sure. I wonder, will I be able to unlock the phone without the person that sold it to me? Will Verizon be able to do that?
    You should keep this discussion on one thread only.
    For the unlocking, the first thing Verizon will ask is the contract number. I hate when people sell their locked, subsidized, phones to unsuspecting buyers. Sometimes they save $600 with contract and sell that phone to other people with $200 less, pocketing $400. And then they drop the contract payments.

That's why I always buy unlocked phones directly from the manufacturer - Apple, Samsung, Motorola...

Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    My confusion gang: if it was locked to Verizon it wouldn't have been able to activate it on TW (?)
    Because the phone is working practically on the same network, the lock on that specific network won't be an issue. In this case, phone is locked on 311 480. And it works on 311 480... with basic functionality.

Functions that rely on server access and phone # or IMEI authentication, like VoLTE, MMS, Visual Voicemail... they all can fail sooner or later if the network is confused about the actual provisioning.

Feedback Score

Updated to an Android 10

Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Maybe I missed something.
    OP, you had the phone activated on TW 7 months ago and it was ok until recently ?

This is crazy. I know.
    The phone was working all this time. With No issues. The Verizon guy told me today that its not locked but programmed to Verizon.
    I updated my Android version to 10 today. Now in my Mobile Networks I do not see those options that I had before ( Global- LTE/CDMA- and another one that I never used). What I see now is : 1-LTE/3G/2G, 2- 3G/2G , 4- 3g only and last one 2G.
    I dont even have CDMA any more.
    Under System Select I see " Change CDMA roaming mode" that if I click on gives me two options : Home Only and (set to ) Automatic.
    So after the Android update I am automatically set to " LTE/3G/2G amd have 5 bars ( I have never had 5 bars inside my home before ). But the issue with 1X still there.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Maybe there's a VoLTE-related account issue on there end? On VZW, there's some account code to indicate the phone is VoLTE-capable; and you "buy" a $0 "HD Voice" item for phones to actually turn VoLTE on, if it's not already on there. Without both, you have VoLTE support on on the phone but for calls it drops to 1x anyway. I'd try swapping your SIMs, see if the 6s can make VoLTE calls with your SIM in it. If it does, try swapping it back, if something VoLTE related account code dropped off your account this might put it back on.

Feedback Score
    Generally in the past, turning on VoLTE on the phone would send a signal to Verizon and it’d automatically add that “feature code” to the account. I remember after I got the iPhone 6 months later I got a text or email from Verizon alerting me to a change on my account. Concerned since I didn’t actually make any changes I called in and discovered Verizon started automatically adding the HD Voice code to accounts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast