Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strategy Priorities for New T-Mobile

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Strategy Priorities for New T-Mobile

I was with MetroPCS when T-Mobile moved all of us from CDMA to GSM. Now better phone compatibility plus now having LTE on both sides is going to make it easier but this article points out the other issues.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...r-new-t-mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I was with MetroPCS when T-Mobile moved all of us from CDMA to GSM. Now better phone compatibility plus now having LTE on both sides is going to make it easier but this article points out the other issues.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...r-new-t-mobile
    Good simple to understand overview of where this thing is headed. Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Part of the whole Uncarrier movement was T-Mobile poaching duopoly customers tired of their old phone companies BS and going viral with it.

I wonder hope much of an offense New T-Mobile will have to put up in order to keep confused or disenfranchised Sprint customers from being poached by any: “free phone,” offers promoted by the competition?

Of interest to me too is how they build and grow their enterprise division. For them the sky is truly the limit and I’m sure they’ll have the flexibility to do whatever it takes to win a deal. For employees looking for a startup environment within an established company I can’t think of a more exciting time to join T-Mobile as part of this team!

I enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing Shilo.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    job 1: how to raise prices
    job 2: while hiding that

T-Mo is expert at that.

Anyone who thinks "oh, the full 5G will just come along for the ride no matter what rate plan you're on" is fooling himself.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that this story states something I have said for a long time - Tmobile has to overlap all its band 71 with band 41.

I guess when I say it though 'its ridiculous'.

The lowest hanging fruit will be accelerating the 2.5 GHz buildout for 5G and bringing it into the T-Mobile fold. This is where New T-Mobile’s secret 5G sauce will be: complementing the 600 MHz coverage with the performance capabilities of 2.5 GHz.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Of interest to me too is how they build and grow their enterprise division. For them the sky is truly the limit and I’m sure they’ll have the flexibility to do whatever it takes to win a deal. For employees looking for a startup environment within an established company I can’t think of a more exciting time to join T-Mobile as part of this team!
    This is why my company didn't bother to look at the Enterprise division with T-Mobile, it seems underdeveloped compared to Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. But with Sprint's Enterprise division I think T-Mobile can use it and expand on it to compete against what AT&T and Verizon offers.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I would like to see some realignment of B41 to B7.
    As it is both, Canada and Mexico have deployed B7 LTE in conjunction with their existing networks.

Feedback Score
    Woulda liked to see a commitment to get interoperability for VoLTE and HD Voice with Verizon and AT&T, along with a timeline.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Woulda liked to see a commitment to get interoperability for VoLTE and HD Voice with Verizon and AT&T, along with a timeline.
    Again T-Mobile’s VoLTE is only between their customers and to the Verizon connection to their customers. Over 90% of all T-Mobile’s calls goes over VoLTE. T-Mobile is phasing out both 2G and 3G to become only 5G & and LTE networks that are both Internet Protocols Calling over VoLTE. All of T-Mobile LTE and 5 G are already VoLTE. I haven’t seen 2G or 3G on T-Mobile even in rural areas for at least 2 years. Maybe now that T-Mobile is very competitive with sprint assets that will force Verizon to improve both VoLTe to this customers with HD sound. Theie is no marketing benefit for T- Mobile not to work with #1 Verizon especially when T-Mobile works with AT& T that had similar HD codecs. I can see that Verizon currently doesn’t see the need to work with T-Mobile to steal more of their customers.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post

T-Mo is expert at that.

Anyone who thinks "oh, the full 5G will just come along for the ride no matter what rate plan you're on" is fooling himself.
    Perhaps, but to be fair, my $5/month 2G "T-Zones" unlimited WAP plan became an unlimited 3G and 4G internet plan over time without any (significant) price increase (T-Mo's BS "regulatory fees" jumped from $0.86 to $3.16/line/month over several years, for a de facto rate increase of about $12/month for my 5-line family plan.)

What T-Mo is expert at, is convincing those of us with grandfathered plans to willingly give them up for more modern plans with more features. I, for example, gave up mine to get "free" international data and tethering. And I certainly have no problem with that if the changes are left up to the consumer.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    I switched from Simple Choice in 2017 to ONE to get Kickback, Hookup, ONE Plus Promo, and a free line. My current account is 9 voice lines for $116 including Netflix charges. So yeah, they really got over on me.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I believe that AT&T and Verizon want to pretend that VoLTE is something special and unique, so that they don't have to allow voice roaming at "reasonable" rates to competitors.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Advertise, Advertise, Advertise.

T-Mo is expert at that.

And exactly this.

Or is the topic meant to be: Strategic Priorities for the New T-Mobile to Benefit Customers.
    Cause that's a whole set of different answers.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    A good somewhat detailed look at how Tmobile 'may' go about this - worth a quick read - I'll just post a bit of it but would recommend linking through to read the rest. This analysis looks at consolidation 1 - Spectrum Consolidation, 2 - Technology and OEMs, 3 - Backhaul, 4 - Leases, 5 - Towers, Rooftops, and Poles, 6 - Consolidation of equipment, 7 - Core

https://wade4wireless.com/2020/02/15...lidation-plan/

FEBRUARY 15, 2020WADE4WIRELESS

What will be the T-Mobile Consolidation Plan?

Consolidation

Here is where we expect to see all the savings. In the consolidation of sites, towers, cores, contractors, processes, stores, departments, and so on. It’s all going to save money. While they will start with 2 headquarters, I am sure that will wither down to one eventually, maybe 3 years.

It may not be as easy as we think. When merging carriers, they generally merge the spectrum into one or the other. In this case, 4G requires a lot of spectrum.

AT&T has done a good job of integrating smaller companies into their system. However, this is a larger integration. T-Mobile has done it in the past, but there are differences now.

T-Mobile merged smaller carriers into their network before. They have some experience even though it was not major.

I mentioned before how the consolidation of the networks will see savings. I broke each section out below.........................

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

T-Mo is expert at that.

All companies raise prices. T-Mobile 'originally' had Verizon/AT&T lower their prices and be more competitive when much of this started. Prices do go up based on business and competition. As T-Mobile has grown and grown its network they have been able to inch their prices up through bundles and removing older packages (Simple Choice => T-Mobile One => Magenta). Is T-Mobile 'nationally' up to the level of AT&T/Verizon ... I don't think so. In many urban markets (where the VAST majority of mobile subscribers exist) do they care... no. Eg. In the Los Angeles area +12M people, coverage and service is and has been comparable to that of Verizon. Drive into more rural areas, and it can/does not work so well. Good enough for 'travel', but not for locals. As it is, T-Mobile service is still less expensive than others.
    In the LONG term, "IF" T-Mobile wants to be IoT / driverless cars / all things wireless... then it needs to up its game - no so much in urban areas (maybe indoors), but across the rest of the country.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast