Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Volte not works with all phones on red pocket for GSMA.

Feedback Score

Volte not works with all phones on red pocket for GSMA.

According to the help file it has been updated 4 days ago

https://help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-u...ocket-service-

However, I am not able to get it to work on android devices. Does anyone here have luck

Based on Results. VoLTE only works with iphones and ATT Branded Android Phones! They should update their help files
    Last edited by princessyellow; 02-15-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Don't know how much we can help without even knowing the phone. A search here on HF shows many posts about limited compatibility with non ATT branded Android phones on ATT, and without hearing different I'm assuming that the same limitations apply on MVNOs. Though RP doesn't indicate that.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Feedback Score
    RP works well overall, but glitchy rollouts are par for the course for them, whether we are talking about new features or new plans. Based on reports here and elsewhere, whether VoLTE is up and running on any given device is currently a coin toss at best.

I do not yet have it on my iPhone which is running iOS 13.3.1. I see an option for Wi-Fi calling that I don't think used to be there, not that I have any use for it. I'm much more interested in getting VoLTE to improve the quality of voice calls.

Feedback Score
    no volte for me yet on gsma.
    seems to be a lot of mixed reports. I spoke to chat support and they said they had volte activated on my line. I guess I just wait for a while and then try talking to chat again if it doesn't appear. this is on a Pixel 1

Device(s)
    Pixel4XL, s10+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Absolutely not true. It does appear VoLTE is now provisioned. Both my lines are now. However the ATT white list appears to still be in place.

My Axon 10 pro (not in ATT database I assume) had it for three days on one line until it was pulled. Still provisioned. My other line has it when I put it in the Axon 10 pro but not gonna leave it in. I want the line for testing.

My Pixel 4 XL (probably in ATT database) does not have working VoLTE with that line.

At some point ATT is gonna have to abandon the white list but that day has sadly not arrived yet.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    What do you mean by whitelist? Do you mean only ATT Branded phones will work with Volte and unlock phones will not?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Make certain that your phone supports the network frequencies that RP utilizes.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by princessyellow View Post
    What do you mean by whitelist? Do you mean only ATT Branded phones work with Volte and unlock phones will not?
    Pretty much only iPhones & ATT branded Android phones will work with ATT VoLTE. They really need to start allowing all VoLTE capable phones to have access. . . . .NOW!!!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    And Pixel 2s and later, I believe.

Feedback Score
    So is it all Iphones work with Volte? And how did you know only att branded? I thought this was old news and they said by end of 2019 it will be all phones since 3g will be phased out and everything will be lte

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    They can say a lot of things. But until I see reports of phones working without going through hassles like sim swapping I am leary of believing. But I personally have seen volte and WiFi calling enabled for iPhones on 2 Mvnos this week.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by princessyellow View Post
    So is it all Iphones work with Volte?
    No, I believe that the first iPhone to support VOLTE was either the 6 or the SE. The older iPhones don't.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    The 6 does. The 5s and older don’t.

However. There is always a however. For RP you need the current latest iOS from what I understand. Which requires at least the se or 6s

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Data point:

RP GSMA - had to contact them to enable this on the account

Axon 7 - IMS registered, but no volte, probably a limitation of the software
    tmo s7 edge w/ sm-G935U firmware - no volte, might need a factory reset, didn't test
    oneplus 7T - full volte right away without doing anything - used sim slot2 with no imei shenanigans (like w/ cricket having to add an iphone imei to the acount)

Caveat - dual sim will only have volte on one of the sim slots, not both.

Moto G4 play (xt1607) - nothing, no volte, ims reg shows unregistered.

Conclusion; It would appear with current capable device, it should work without much issue. ymmv

Edit: Supposedly the 7t supports dual sim dual volte, but I could only get volte active on one of the sim's. Maybe it's a software limitation or needs features available to mothership customers only enabled.

Feedback Score
    I think it is true I tried red pocket GSMA on unlocked iphone 6 and 6s and volte and wifi calling works. I tried it on the samsung s9 and s10 and Volte does not work. There is absolutely no option for Volte. I contacted supported they said it is not supported then. So it must be the ATT whitelist. So these phones are blocked for use with ATT GSMA MNVOs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast