Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deal

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I sent an email to Tracfone corporate this morning telling them of the apparent fraud going on with their ebay store and the people running it not responding to emails. I linked them to the recent negative feedback of a lot of people saying they got no airtime on the SIMs, as well as people complaining that there's no response when you contact them.

Maybe that will get the gears turning to get things fixed.

Obviously people are still working the store, since they are shipping out the SIM cards.

Feedback Score
    It's likely a single employee pocketing the good card and putting a bad card in its place. The cards would look alike to the person sealing the box.

I say one person because otherwise somebody in the ring is going to get jealous and blab.

The switch would be too hard with an actual airtime card because it would be harder to pocket and there is no blank one to substitute. Maybe perhaps one of lower value, but that would be obvious to the final boxing checkpoint.

Just another thing that Tracfone cannot manage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It's likely a single employee pocketing the good card and putting a bad card in its place. The cards would look alike to the person sealing the box.

I say one person because otherwise somebody in the ring is going to get jealous and blab.

The switch would be too hard with an actual airtime card because it would be harder to pocket and there is no blank one to substitute. Maybe perhaps one of lower value, but that would be obvious to the final boxing checkpoint.

Just another thing that Tracfone cannot manage.

“Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    If their packaging line is fully automated, it could've been a fault in the process. Recently, I applied for a Target RedCard which gives you a $40 OFF coupon. The promo started on 3/13/20 and runs until late March. Everyone, including me, who applied on the first day of the promo did not get the coupon in the envelope that contained their card. I guess whoever set up the promo didn't coordinate with people who run the packaging line. We contacted them and they mailed out the coupon a few days later.

Feedback Score
    I doubt if there's much automation in Tracfone's pick and pack. They must have a printing system for the labels and a machine that dispenses the air pillows. You know that Tracfone is not going to spend an extra penny for anything other than springing for (useless) junk mail.

So it is probably 99% minimum wage workers doing all the grunt work. That is a recipe for disaster unless there are controls in place.

With Target credit cards, first of all that is a company with values at least. They learn their lesson about things and try to be responsible.

Also, credit card processing can be more automated because there are machines that can handle A to Z I'm sure, once they know what to put in the envelope.

Feedback Score
    If they would email the pins to the buyers instead of sending a physical card it would help to prevent theft.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Funny how I finally got a response from the ebay seller after I emailed corporate this morning. The subject line starts out "Re: {External} "

The email says, in part:

"Please be advised that this matter has been noted and escalated to the upper management for a resolution. As soon as a feedback is received, we will get back to you."

The phone # with an extension they provide is corporate too.

Wish me luck.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    Funny how I finally got a response from the ebay seller after I emailed corporate this morning. The subject line starts out "Re: {External} "...
    Yet some TF reps still claim that the TF seller on Ebay is not them. Someone here in this forum was adamant about that too.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Very strange. They say on the listing that they respond to messages within 24 hours, but no reply to a message I sent even before I bought it. I guess that should have been a sign. I have sent 2 messages since I got it, no reply to them either. Hijacked account?

I'll give them a couple more days but if I don't hear by Friday, I'll open a case with ebay for "not as described". If I have to return the stinkin' SIM card, then I will abandon Tracfone entirely and port out, even with a loss on the 30 day plan. I'd rather lose part of the $18 than lose $44 on the "deal". I left Tracfone about 8-9 years ago on bad terms too after they terminated my SIM for no reason and more or less stole my phone number.

I might have to call corporate in Florida like I did way back then to make things right. Overseas phone CS insisted they couldn't do anything about getting my number back, but corp did it. I had to wait on a new SIM card though because Tracfone is so insane about singe use SIM cards. They also replaced my missing airtime, but that was back on a Tracfone branded basic phone where you could type in codes on the numpad, which is what I had to do. I ported out within a week or two after that and told myself I'd ever use em again. I lied to myself, because here we are.
    I have found when dealing with phone CSR you may have to ask for a supervisor. CSR will stall around a bit connecting you, but he is required to transfer you if asked. I've done this twice and it paid off. Usually higher ups have much less of an accent so they are easier to understand, and of course have more knowledge and abilities. Pays off.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Funny how I finally got a response from the ebay seller after I emailed corporate this morning. The subject line starts out "Re: {External} "

The email says, in part:

"Please be advised that this matter has been noted and escalated to the upper management for a resolution. As soon as a feedback is received, we will get back to you."

Wish me luck.
    You wouldn't want to share that number with a few of us, discretely, ould you?? Har dee harhar

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Yet some TF reps still claim that the TF seller on Ebay is not them. Someone here in this forum was adamant about that too.
    People are often like that. I once had a very rude parts counter guy at a Honda powersports dealer tell me to "go to another Honda dealer then" to have a key made because I kept insisting the key blanks existed and he insisted they didn't. He wouldn't even look them up in his sysem. The man just didn't want to do his job just to sell a couple of keys. I drove about 8 miles away to another Honda powersports dealer and they immediately made the keys right in front of me.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    You wouldn't want to share that number with a few of us, discretely, ould you?? Har dee harhar
    It's the same one you can find plastered all over the web, including HoFo.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I have found when dealing with phone CSR you may have to ask for a supervisor. CSR will stall around a bit connecting you, but he is required to transfer you if asked. I've done this twice and it paid off. Usually higher ups have much less of an accent so they are easier to understand, and of course have more knowledge and abilities. Pays off.
    I have almost no patience on the phone, sadly. I end up frustrated and cursing (or nearly so) by the end of it all.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

The email says, in part:

Wish me luck.
    The single tri SIM package has a flap to expose the SIM s/n.
    How & when do they preload the airtime onto the SIM s/n. If done just before shipping the SIM are they forgetting to enter it in the system?
    If possible try to learn how the airtime is preloaded on the SIM... is there flexibility in when it is done and also who all is allowed to do it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The single tri SIM package has a flap to expose the SIM s/n.
    The question is how or when do they preload the airtime onto the SIM s/n. I wonder if they do it just before shipping the SIM and forgot to enter it in the system?
    If possible try to learn how the airtime is preloaded on the SIM... if there is flexibility in when it is done and also flexibility in who all is allowed to do it.
    Yes, I saw the flap. That is probably how it's preloaded.

I tried porting before I opened it and it kept nagging me to give an airtime PIN or buy airtime. I should have stopped at that point because the site was being screwy too at first and kept stopping and telling me to call, but I found a way to get the site to work after all.

I paid for the cheapest $15 airtime thinking maybe it would save me having to call and mess with CS, and that it would also give me the 1200/1200/3GB/1yr but nope.

If they don't get my airtime loaded within the next 2 weeks, I'll port out to RedPocket and return the TF SIM as "not as described". RedPocket has a similar deal for $60. Their listing is clear about it though, they mail you a SIM and email you an "activation code" which is probably the airtime: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Mo-Red-Po...r=432360206418

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast