Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deal

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I thought one or two people had convinced Tracfone they actually had purchased the e-bay deal and Tracfone manually added the airtime to their phone. The more people at Tracfone you communicate with the better the chance of getting someone who will do this for you.
    Just make sure they do not de-activate the E-bay SIM if you have it in use. This could happen if Tracfone believes you might be pulling a fast one on them to get twice the special airtime. Tracfone is known for being very suspicious.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I thought one or two people had convinced Tracfone they actually had purchased the e-bay deal and Tracfone manually added the airtime to their phone. The more people at Tracfone you communicate with the better the chance of getting someone who will do this for you.
    Just make sure they do not de-activate the E-bay SIM if you have it in use. This could happen if Tracfone believes you might be pulling a fast one on them to get twice the special airtime. Tracfone is known for being very suspicious.
    Considering I paid them $18 to activate it and I can prove I bought the deal, I don't see how I could be pulling a fast one. I wouldn't have gotten a nearly a free month of service, I paid for it! I'll be losing money in fact by porting out before 30 days are up. Plus paying to mail the SIM card back. I have no other TFs active, and SIM cards are hard locked to phones once activated, so I can't go swapping it or reselling a used SIM.

I will wait to see if they cough up the airtime that should have been on the SIM in the next 2 weeks. If not, I'll order the RedPocket deal. Once I have it in hand, and if TF still hasn't made good, I'll port out to RedPocket and open a return case on ebay to return the SIM. I still have the packing slip, mailing envelope it came in, the SIM card package and all, so they'll be getting every bit of it back. I'll be ported out so I won't care if TF deactivates the SIM at that point.

Calling ebay is a good way to get them to close the case fast, since it causes somebody to look at it immediately. I've done this as both a buyer and a seller and gotten cases closed in my favor every time. They can see all messages sent through the ebay messages system, so you have to show a real effort to try to sort things out.

I hope it doesn't have to come to that. I hope they make good on it. If not, then I refuse to stay with such a slipshod company selling blatantly fraudulent products.
    Last edited by cubey; 03-26-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    I recently received a pre-loaded AT&T SIM when I was expecting an airtime PIN. I called TF and confirmed there was time and data on it. But, I could not use the AT&T SIM with my TMO phone.

I filed a "Not As Described" case with Ebay. TF responded on the last day before I could ask Ebay to step in. TF provided a USPS return label for free. I packed up the SIM and by the time I got back from the Post Office, I received an email with a refund.

In the mean time, I ordered two more of the $39.99 TMO SIMS and they loaded fine.

I can see the dilemma you are in since you already activated the card.

You can tell if the SIM is pre-loaded or not by calling. Also, when you try to activate the SIM, if it goes through to the point of asking if you want to transfer your phone number, it is good. If it won't let you go any further without buying a plan or entering a PIN, it is NOT Pre-Loaded and needs to be returned.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PL1 View Post
    Also, when you try to activate the SIM, if it goes through to the point of asking if you want to transfer your phone number, it is good. If it won't let you go any further without buying a plan or entering a PIN, it is NOT Pre-Loaded and needs to be returned.
    I don't think that's a sure way of finding out whether or not a SIM is preloaded. If I take a SIM from a $1 kit and activate it, it will always ask if I want to "keep your number" (i.e. transfer from another phone/SIM). If I reply yes and provide the existing phone number, it'll transfer over and use the existing balance. Only when I reply No (starting a new line) that it'll require buying a plan or enter a PIN.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't think that's a sure way of finding out whether or not a SIM is preloaded. If I take a SIM from a $1 kit and activate it, it will always ask if I want to "keep your number" (i.e. transfer from another phone/SIM). If I reply yes and provide the existing phone number, it'll transfer over and use the existing balance. Only when I reply No (starting a new line) that it'll require buying a plan or enter a PIN.
    OK, my bad then. Would it matter if you were not logged in to your account?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    OK, my bad then. Would it matter if you were not logged in to your account?
    The only difference with not being logged into your account is that you have to provide some info of the donor phone/SIM (IMEI or SIM number) to prove that you own it. If you're logged in, it'll present a list of active phones/SIMs in your account to select as the donor.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, FreedomPop, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I thought one or two people had convinced Tracfone they actually had purchased the e-bay deal and Tracfone manually added the airtime to their phone.
    That might have been for the GSM compatible SIMs, if it happened at all. There have been several changes in the eBay listing for the deal ... not all of them obvious.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought the 1200/1200/3GB Verizon Compatible "deal" that was supposedly preactivated. Unable to activate it.
    No PIN was included. No airtime plan was included, so I called several Tracfone customer service numbers. All the (international?) service reps denied they could activate the SIM. So, I requested an eBay refund, and got it.

Received refund, along with a message that the problem was fixed, and it was OK to order the package again ... so I did.

Still unable to activate. Exactly the same problem as with the first SIM. Exactly the same answers when I called various Tracfone service reps. All agreed the phone was compatible, but they all indicated the SIM was empty. All wanted more $$ to load the SIM.

Don't know if this had an effect, but I was NOT transferring a number. The SIM was to be a fresh start with Tracfone on this unlocked phone.

Now awaiting resolution of my eBay refund request for this second SIM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    Now awaiting resolution of my eBay refund request for this second SIM.
    I suggest sending a complaint to corporate: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    The SIM was to be a fresh start with Tracfone on this unlocked phone.
    It is my understanding that this offer was intended to attract new customers, and thus a fresh start is what the company is after.

So why are they bungling this? They advertise all over the place and then cannot deliver. Mismanagement from top to bottom. Carlos must be letting relatives run the place.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It is my understanding that this offer was intended to attract new customers, and thus a fresh start is what the company is after.

So why are they bungling this? They advertise all over the place and then cannot deliver. Mismanagement from top to bottom. Carlos must be letting relatives run the place.
    Well, from the perspective of me not having active service with them for 3+ years, I can probably be considered a "new" customer.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    I suggest sending a complaint to corporate
    Good idea!
    Did so.
    Received autoreply that they received the email.
    Now waiting

Perhaps, if sufficient people email their complaints about the nonworking/non-preloaded/apparently empty eBay Special, we will see yet another change to the eBay listing ... or, at least reasonable replies to our complaints.

Feedback Score
    Well, from the perspective of me not having active service with them for 3+ years, I can probably be considered a "new" customer.
    The very customer they need to impress.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Also, when you try to activate the SIM, if it goes through to the point of asking if you want to transfer your phone number, it is good. If it won't let you go any further without buying a plan or entering a PIN, it is NOT Pre-Loaded and needs to be returned.
    Interesting. Yes, that is similar to what happened to my attempts to activate two different VZW eBay Exclusive SIMs. Next prompt (if I remember) was "Enter your zip code" (or something like that). Then, received error message to call Tracfone.

(I did, multiple times, with negative results, as stated elsewhere)

So, it appears there is no real resolution to the problem as yet, at least for VZW SIMs, requesting brand-new service.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. Yes, that is similar to what happened to my attempts to activate two different VZW eBay Exclusive SIMs. Next prompt (if I remember) was "Enter your zip code" (or something like that). Then, received error message to call Tracfone.

(I did, multiple times, with negative results, as stated elsewhere)

So, it appears there is no real resolution to the problem as yet, at least for VZW SIMs, requesting brand-new service.
    Maybe it's a problem when porting from Verizon itself to a Verizon TF SIM? You lose our saved voicemail messages ad it has to be set up again, so it's obviously an account change, but maybe that change is problematic since it's the same backend service.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Maybe it's a problem when porting from Verizon itself to a Verizon TF SIM? You lose our saved voicemail messages ad it has to be set up again, so it's obviously an account change, but maybe that change is problematic since it's the same backend service.
    Nope. As I stated, this was a NEW activation. The phone had no previous Verizon (or other provider) phone number to port.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast