Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deal

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With no further message from the ebay store, they refunded me. I doubt they are gonna bother terminating the SIM, since it's still working at the moment and they didn't ask me to return it. I only got a SIM card out it, no service. I guess I'll go ahead and order a refurbished Tracfone instead and just stick to 60 day cards with them during this temporary time I need a cheap service.

Feedback Score
    Glad you finally got the refund. I know these things seem to drag on forever.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Glad you finally got the refund. I know these things seem to drag on forever.
    I ordered this from Tracfone instead, since I decided to use my S7 on Safelink also for the time being. I found a promo code that took an extra ~$4 off, on top of the 40% off they were offering on the phone if you bought airtime too, so the phone was half price basically.

I'll "upgrade" my S7 on Tracfone to that Fiesta 2 and use the unlocked Verizon S7 on Safelink.

Yeah it'll cost more than the "ebay deal" that didn't even work, but I'm sick of messing with this. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing where I won't need this in 6 months anyway. Plus I can use both lines/service without SIM swapping constantly on the S7.

Name:  tf deal.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  37.7 KB

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    I ordered this from Tracfone instead, since I decided to use my S7 on Safelink also for the time being. I found a promo code that took an extra ~$4 off, on top of the 40% off they were offering on the phone if you bought airtime too, so the phone was half price basically.

I'll "upgrade" my S7 on Tracfone to that Fiesta 2 and use the unlocked Verizon S7 on Safelink.

Yeah it'll cost more than the "ebay deal" that didn't even work, but I'm sick of messing with this. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing where I won't need this in 6 months anyway. Plus I can use both lines/service without SIM swapping constantly on the S7.

Name:  tf deal.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  37.7 KB
    I suppose too late now but there was a better code - 60274 - that takes off $15 (good to check the deals thread here) in addition to the 40%.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post17124703

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I suppose too late now but there was a better code that takes off $15 (good to check the deals thread here) in addition to the 40%.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post17124703
    I just can't catch a break, can I?

**** TRACFONE!!!

Yes, too late, can't cancel orders.

EDIT: Maybe not, they hide the cancellation form here: https://ww2.tracfone.com/direct/cont...ing.tf&lang=en

It says "if" they can cancel it, they will. Guess I'll wait and see a few hours to see if it cancels. Might be able to grab one for the extra deal.

Feedback Score
    I believe you can refuse the delivery and that will result in a refund.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    I just can't catch a break, can I?

**** TRACFONE!!!

Yes, too late, can't cancel orders.

EDIT: Maybe not, they hide the cancellation form here: https://ww2.tracfone.com/direct/cont...ing.tf&lang=en

It says "if" they can cancel it, they will. Guess I'll wait and see a few hours to see if it cancels. Might be able to grab one for the extra deal.
    Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Tracfone even mentions that somewhere.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I see that too. If I can catch Fedex when they drop it off. Otherwise you have to call and try to arrange for them to come get it. Otherwise, I'll have to go drop off at the storage place down the street that's an authorized FedEx location. I guess I'll be able to tell which order is which based on the tracking number without opening it, if they send both.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I placed a second order and put a gift message on it. Not sure if that shows outside the box or not? Maybe the order # will be outside, or i'll be provided the tracking number so I can tell which is which.

What concerns me though? They are saying this. I didn't notice on the first order:

"The service plan purchased with your device or SIM kit, will be added automatically during the Activation process."

They don't say that until AFTER you place the order.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered a Rebel 4 with $20 plan using that code recently and it came with separate card. I don't recall if it said plan will be added automatically.

I wonder if they could help you via chat/phone with canceling an order and confirming how an order comes (this second part maybe not).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I ordered a Rebel 4 with $20 plan using that code recently and it came with separate card. I don't recall if it said plan will be added automatically.
    Maybe it's just a message it always shows, even if it doesn't apply. I mean, I don't care if they attach it, IF It actually gives it to me. I don't want a repeat of the ebay crap. But to be honest? If it ends up being an ebay repeat? The hell with it. $20 for the phone ain't bad. I will still fuss at Tracfone in chat and they can probably give me the airtime but just more damn hassle. Tracfone is NOT worth it for the hassle unless you ONLY buy retail products where you stay 100% in the physical card system.

Feedback Score
    The $15 plan can be problematic about the automatic thing. They have sent a pre-loaded SIM recently. Automatic means if you use the SIM for anything, the $15 will try to install. It can cause a big mess as everyone knows, especially with a port involved.

You might want to return both of the shipments and call it a day. Make sure the FedEx place marks it refused if that is something they do.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The $15 plan can be problematic about the automatic thing. They have sent a pre-loaded SIM recently. Automatic means if you use the SIM for anything, the $15 will try to install. It can cause a big mess as everyone knows, especially with a port involved.

You might want to return both of the shipments and call it a day. Make sure the FedEx place marks it refused if that is something they do.
    If they ship the first one, I will call Fedex to have them refuse/return it while it's still in transit, since that seems to be a thing you can do. That way it never gets delivered, simply returned. That way I have proof if I need to file a credit card dispute showing that I never got it and I refused delivery. If they can't/won't, I'll call fedex and have them flag it as being rejected and then drop it off to the storage place. Might write "rejected delivery, return to sender" on the package as well.

Once the second one comes, I'll just open it and see what's inside. If it comes with an airtime card, fine. If it gives me the $15 airtime on the device plus adds my existing airtime, fine. If I get no $15 plan added? **** Tracfone but i'll just use it anyway, since you can't get this phone for $20 otherwise and it still is useful to me.

I'll nag at them in chat again, since I know they can issue missing airtime through chat. At least since this was placed in the tracfone.com store, they can't deny me what I paid for, unlike with the ebay store where they said it was an "unathorized reseller".

Feedback Score
    The $15 plan had good airtime. It was just on the SIM.

The eBay thing was its own fiasco.

Might be two different warehouse places.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast