Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    I guess I'll take my service to att

They dont invest in garbage cable cos

Cant go to yellow/magenta they have an agreement with Cablevision/ altice ...

cable cos . I would have thought better of verizon than to invest in cable cos

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Imo, I really don't think having additional customers that have service through their cable provider is going to have an impact on Verizons 5G network.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I'm not really familiar with Spectrum, but do they have their own equipment? I mean how could they deploy CBRS on their wireless network if they don't have their own towers/equipment?
    My understanding is they are going to deploy string mounted antennas on their lines using CBRS spectrum.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

IMHO, you are being incredibly selfish about this. A major reason for the ability for 5G access for home networks would be for those of us who suffer with pitiful download speeds under 10 Mbs with local wired cable. This should give more customers nation-wide better access to the internet, instead of the privileged. The truth is that as it stands now in my area, there is little to no chance of higher data connections if I had to rely on the cable company. This is primarily due to the cost of infrastructure (new cable lines and equipment) with the current technology. I don't think it would be fair to require me to pay 4-5 times as much for a faster connection. Yes, I would be willing to pay a slight increase for faster connections. I do realize that the cable companies have done a poor job over years in maintenance and upgrade of their systems while concentrating more on corporate profits.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    My understanding is they are going to deploy string mounted antennas on their lines using CBRS spectrum.

Oh wow. That's kinda neat actually.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Um bye? Verizon makes money off these customers (Comcast and Spectrum pay per GB for the mobile access, plus base for voice/data)

Do not be mad at a cable subscriber for being smarter using a Verizon reseller if it's cheaper for them, they still have lower priority access to the network than you do, so who cares?
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Is Verizon really in the wrong for selling Gigabits of capacity, unlikely to be saturated in the near-medium term, to companies willing to pay for it?

Also, don't understand why you're so pressed about cable cos. Spectrum offers far better broadband than CenturyLink where I live. Have 1-2 outages a year.

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Comcast and Charter lose money reselling Verizon service because their wifi strategy (where they rent you a router and everyone uses your router) has been a failure.

At some point they'll both start installing strand mounted antennas using CBRS either in conjunction with Verizon or just for themselves.

https://www.multichannel.com/blog/mo...tter-mvno-deal

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20190311...reless-service

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    IMHO, you are being incredibly selfish about this.
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    A major reason for the ability for 5G access for home networks would be for those of us who suffer with pitiful download speeds under 10 Mbs with local wired cable.
    Don’t forget DSL and that joke called satellite internet.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Why would Verizon not offer access to their 5G network? It can only offload data from 4G, and they can depri or throttle it down for MVNO customers, which is what cable is.

AT&T doesn't resell service to cable companies because they basically ARE a cable company with U-Verse, AT&T TV, and DirecTV, so they do their own bundles to compete with the cable company services that are a Verizon MVNO.

Not sure what the OP is all mad about, all cell phone carriers have MVNOs running on their networks, it's a way to sell a lower tier of service while keeping the highest quality and highest price service for branded postpaid customers. It doesn't really matter if it's Comcast or some little MVNO or Tracfone/Wal-Mart reselling, it's all part of the business.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post

Yep and since they already have access to the poles there is a lot less red tape vs Verizon having to ask permission to deploy 5G small cells.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max/Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This article says xfiniy got revenue and 2 million subs

"In 2019, Comcast grew mobile revenue by 31.2% to $1.167 billion, ending the year"

https://www.multichannel.com/news/wi...enue-for-cable

Thays 1.1 billion vz could have used to expand fios or something

You really think Verizon would have used those $1.1 billion to expand Fios? Verizon is done expanding Fios for the most part. If they cared to expand Fios to new markets they wouldn’t have sold off their network in markets outside of the East Coast like California, Florida, Texas,etc. They would have upgraded those markets from Copper to Fiber and expanded into the surrounding areas at least.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I've heard they are not expanding FIOS, but they are expanding fiber; basically, in non-competitive areas like mine (DSL provider and cable co. are pricey, they act like a cozy duopoly rather than competing very hard), for 4G sites VZW has been running fiber into a single site than using the what normally would be a backup site-to-site wireless link as the main link between cell sites, since the cost of getting 1gbps+ service to most of these sites ranges from "are you kidding me?!?!" to "you can't get that in that location".

I've heard in many of these markets, for 5G they have been sending out GTE trucks and running their own fiber; they admit their own use will leave these fibers like 90% idle, and are apparently perfectly happy to sell service to nearby businesses if they wish; but the main point of this new fiber is strictly to provide a proper data feed for the higher speed 4G and the 5G sites, they ran the numbers and found rolling their own fiber would pay for itself in a reasonable length of time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    You really think Verizon would have used those $1.1 billion to expand Fios? Verizon is done expanding Fios for the most part. If they cared to expand Fios to new markets they wouldn’t have sold off their network in markets outside of the East Coast like California, Florida, Texas,etc. They would have upgraded those markets from Copper to Fiber and expanded into the surrounding areas at least.
    It also assumes every Xfinty customer would have gone to Verizon. Also doesn't take into account Comcast pays Verizon at minimum $3 per GB for every GB those 2 million customers use. So say that is an average of 5 GB a month that's $360 million a year going to Verizon anyway

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It also assumes every Xfinty customer would have gone to Verizon. Also doesn't take into account Comcast pays Verizon at minimum $3 per GB for every GB those 2 million customers use. So say that is an average of 5 GB a month that's $360 million a year going to Verizon anyway
    That's $300 + million that could be used to expand fiber FTTH broadband and exterminate cable broadband

But hey thats just me . I feel no one should have to suffer with cable broadband

LTE its the network !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast