Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caribbean T-Mobile International Coverage

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I think Tom's point was that there's a lot of free WiFi.
    Cruise always has Wi-Fi and internet, but a big price to pay

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A beer on the beach-the ship is in port. All those islands have WiFi in the pubs and restaurants. Many are password protected-hence buy a beer get a password. I always get a data SIM when staying in a foreign country for more than a week-Goggle Voice works on data also. Never tried it on T-Mobile international speed data speeds-might work?

Feedback Score
    An issue with Caribbean cruising service is, each island has a different choice of carriers. You can't just buy a sim for a week when you go tp a different island (And Country) every day with the ship. That's where the T-Mobile roaming coverage really pays off. Odds are pretty good you will have some sort of connectivity on about 95% of islands.

Nassau, in The Bahamas used to be the worst, but there is even TM service there now, but not very good, unfortunately. Sint Maarten is another example. Half the smallish island and where the docks are is Dutch, the other half, French. TM has poor coverage on the Dutch side, but does seem to roam on a newer carrier called "Chippie" if I remember right. As you approach the island, you get a signal from the French side, and think, Hey, this is great! but when you dock, it has dropped out. The coverage search says you get service on the Dutch side, but has no map. Strange...

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah T-Mobile international roaming was fantastic when we took our first cruise in 16'. Had great service everywhere. The only spotty place was in Cozumel Mexico around the ruins and on our way to a desolate beach with a restaurant run completely off the grid. So it faired really well in Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Mexico/Cozumel. Definitely the best option for Cruising.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Caribbean T-Mobile International Coverage

It looks like the common denominator for us is Digicel. It is a cell service provider in Aruba, Curacao, Saint Lucia and Saint Kitts. I am still not sure if the T-Mobile SIM card in my UleFone ARMOR 3WT will be good enough or if I should also get Google Fi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digicel

https://www.frequencycheck.com/compa...e-global/aruba

https://www.frequencycheck.com/compa...al/saint-lucia

There are two phone providers in Aruba: Digicel and Setar.

There are two phone providers in Curacao: Digicel and UTS.

There are two cell phone service providers on St. Lucia: Digicell and LIME.

There are two phone providers in St. Kitts & Nevis: Digicel and Flow.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I went to Sint Maarten last September and had plenty of coverage on the Dutch side.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericok View Post
    I went to Sint Maarten last September and had plenty of coverage on the Dutch side.
    I don't doubt that, especially if you stayed in or near the beach/shopping district in Philipsburg. I've driven completely around the island several times and there are some very weak signals in many spots. The Dutch side is lacking a map on the T-Mobile website as I mentioned earlier, so you can't even tell where to expect coverage. The French side map works well. The carrier I mentioned, "Chippie" in new to me in the past 3-5 years of visits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2