Thread: PP took my money then did not activate

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score

PP took my money then did not activate

PP checked my phone serial# and Sim #, then I had to buy the Time card in the activation process. Activation fail. Email of pin order paid for does not even have a pin# in the email, just an order#.

Are they this messed up?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Stuff happens, call customer service and they should be able to solve the problem.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    I tried chat but that did not work, just programed info. Then I called and they said my phone could not be used. To bad the serial and sim check did not tell me this.

It's a verizon tracfone z233vl lte Verizon based. It was on Tracfone but now deactivated for over 6 months. I thought Tracfones worked on PP.

Would a new sim card help? They did refund me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    I tried chat but that did not work, just programed info. Then I called and they said my phone could not be used. To bad the serial and sim check did not tell me this.

It's a verizon tracfone z233vl lte Verizon based. It was on Tracfone but now deactivated for over 6 months. I thought Tracfones worked on PP.

Would a new sim card help? They did refund me.
    I had a TF z233vl activated just fine on PP with a TF BYOP sim. It was used off ebay. Did you buy it from and initially activate it on TF ? Are you trying to use the same sim that you had active on TF ? If so, could be the sim/imei is still tied up in TF system. Just go to a local store and buy a $1 TF BYOP sim and try it. If you talk/chat to PP instead of doing an online activation, don't mention it's a TF BYOP sim; they'll try to sell you one of theirs. But they're the same.

TFs will work on PP but maybe not if they're still locked up somehow with another TF company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    It was on Tracfone but now deactivated for over 6 months.
    How do you know it was deactivated on Tracfone? Was this your account or someone elses? Can the account be checked, and the phone removed? It should not be in the account with a phone number still associated with it.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    How do you know it was deactivated on Tracfone? Was this your account or someone elses? Can the account be checked, and the phone removed? It should not be in the account with a phone number still associated with it.
    Yes, my account. It shows in my account as able to reactivate, no phone number just the sim#. Do I need to have it completely removed from my account? I did use the same sim, so that may be the issue.

I could try with a new sim but will wait for my refund first.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Yes, use a different SIM, and also remove it from the TracFone account, first.

Device(s)
    Droid X since 2014
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Just go to a local store and buy a $1 TF BYOP sim and try it.
    That may not be possible as IF OP is from where his ID implies - because it's a small town on Cape Cod where I also happen to spend summers! And I'm not aware of any local stores that might carry those. I got my SIM via eBay for $1 though haven't used it yet as my old 3G phone is still working and have a newer one ready to go later.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I had an issue with my PagePlus activation getting messed up. I forgot the details but the credits somehow expired early. I called customer service and they reset it giving me several extra months. It all worked out.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j_hallgren View Post
    That may not be possible as IF OP is from where his ID implies - because it's a small town on Cape Cod where I also happen to spend summers! And I'm not aware of any local stores that might carry those. I got my SIM via eBay for $1 though haven't used it yet as my old 3G phone is still working and have a newer one ready to go later.
    There's a Target and a Best Buy in Hyannis. Either one should have TF SIM kits but the OP should verify availability before driving over.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Yes, use a different SIM, and also remove it from the TracFone account, first.
    I have a new (tracfone sim) sim and removed the phone from my account. Now just waiting for my refund to try again.