Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: NY blinks, drops their objections to the merger

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    As I said, it seems your objections to what I said speak more about you, than they do about me.
    Of course you would say that, because you're desperately trying to deflect attention away from the fact of your smug, self-important bullying.

    What you say speaks about...you. And you're trying to bully people. And you say it's "perfectly acceptable" to denigrate people.

    Of course it's not, and no attempt at deflection can take your words back, but you're keeping on your track, aren't you.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    And then she got crushed in a court of law by mighty T-Mobile. She wasted all of those New York tax dollars for nothing. She was completely embarrassed by the final outcome. She was looking for a signature win that would boost her political career, she had the speech ready for the celebratory press conference and instead she got a slammed by the final decision. Pitiful.
    +1

    And I can't help but think how what you describe is a direct parallel to another situation not too long ago.

    And the people defending them feel it's perfectly acceptable to denigrate and bully, because after all they're on the "correct" side of whatever they think good and evil are.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Of course you would say that, because you're desperately trying to deflect attention away from the fact of your smug, self-important bullying.

    What you say speaks about...you. And you're trying to bully people. And you say it's "perfectly acceptable" to denigrate people.

    Of course it's not, and no attempt at deflection can take your words back, but you're keeping on your track, aren't you.
    Says the person trying to justify why it’s acceptable to refer to a woman as a “c word” lol I’m ok with this criticism. Sorry.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    So what, she lost. Every lawyer loses a case in court. Big deal.
    ah, but when she wins something you want you celebrate how great she must by definition be, while you throw confetti and pour champagne.

    (And I can't help but paraphrase: "So what, she lost. Every politician loses a major election. Big deal.")

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Says the person trying to justify why it’s acceptable to refer to a woman as a “c word”
    What ever did I say to promote that being "justified"?

    You seem to think that my calling you out on your behavior, which you own, must mean that I am by definition defending HIS behavior. Nothing could be further from the truth.

    Get out of your black-and-white, us-vs-them world and open your eyes. And the very first thing you should open your eyes to is you looking in a mirror to take stock.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0

    NY blinks, drops their objections to the merger

    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    ah, but when she wins something you want you celebrate how great she must by definition be, while you throw confetti and pour champagne.

    (And I can't help but paraphrase: "So what, she lost. Every politician loses a major election. Big deal.")
    It’s true they do. Except Obama, he was undefeated in major elections. How’s that make you feel? Personally I feel she did fine. I personally cared less if T-Mobile won or lost. She felt the need to challenge it in court, and she did. Doesn’t matter if I agree or disagree with her. I’m certainly not going to call her an outdated derogatory term to try to belittle her, just because she dared to take the great T-Mobile to court. That would be just pathetic to do.

    For the record, I don’t feel it’s right either for people to refer to Ivanka trump with the c word. For the same reasons as referring to the states attorney of New York as it. Disagree with their politics all you want, there is no place anymore though for people calling women that. Those women are somebody’s mother, sister, daughter, niece, or some other relation.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    She may have personally felt the need, but she let that emotion take over. In the end, she faced the facts of that and her professional judgment finally had a say.

    No state attorney general has standing in something like this. Any who thinks he does is grandstanding for attention.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,721
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Not at all, it is however perfectly acceptable to denigrate people based on their behavior and outdated references such as calling a woman a “c-word”. Nobody under the age of 60 really talks like that anymore, and it’s an outdated reference to a female that really has no place in modern society.
    I suggest you leave your safe space once in a while if you don't ever hear that word from anyone under 60. And lectures about what has or hasn't a place in modern society? Laughable. Who the hell are you?

    Your elitism is showing, and it's not a good look. It reeks of being the oppressive 1%.

    And defending your ageism with that kind of rationalization? Yikes! I think you need to check your privilege.


    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,211
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Another one bites the dust.

    Folks, cut out the political back and forth. If you can't discuss these topics without letting your personal political opinions cloud the topic, stay out of these discussions.

    Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 10:23 AM
  2. Any cyclists want to attach their JAM to the bike?
    By belfast-biker in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 11:42 AM
  3. Someone dropped their phone in the toilet
    By LIQUIDBLAZE in forum Hardware Modding Only
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 08:27 AM
  4. Due to the merger...
    By closet410 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 01:24 PM
  5. Everyone upgrade their TDMA to the new plan
    By bluesman78 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 08:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks