Thread: new razr and new h730 headset

Feedback Score

new razr and new h730 headset

so i got one of these new razrs and so far its pretty cool. i then go buy one of the new h730 headset and it pairs fine and connects with the razr. heres the problem im having. for the first few hrs i thought the headset did nothing when i pressed it 2x to try and make a call. after playing around with it a bit more, i learned that the headset does work to make calls but only if you have the phone opened. if you close the phone...you cant make calls but you can receive calls.. now im not expert on smart phone or this razr so perhaps i need to change something in the settings?

i like to use the headset when i walk the dogs. this way i open press the connect button 2x to call and 1x to receive calls and leave the phone in my pocket. if anyone knows what needs to be done to fix the issues..please let me know. or if there is nothing that can be done until motorola fixes it...let me know also

thank you

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully, there will be a fix specifically for that phone to resolve that issue. I would have never thought about an issue like that, but I would be just as annoyed as you after spending that much for a new phone. I suggest reaching out to the manufacturer ASAP.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    yes i already got a case number but i was hoping it was some setting that someone knew about here. it kind of defeats the purpose of a headset if you have to open the phone to dial out. with 2 dogs and a leash in each hand, it makes it difficult for me to make a call if i have to reach in my pocket and open the phone first. may as well not even use a headset then

hopefully if it is a bug, ill give them a pass for now since the phone is spanking new.

even to activate this phone its a chore. the phone is supposed to be a verizon exclusive for now so the carrier is already preloaded with verizon on it. thats not enough to activate it. you have to readd the verizon carrier and take s snapshot of some code you get in an email to activate and send it. took almost 2 hrs as even some level 2 techs dont know about this.

Feedback Score
    here is a follow up for those interested

was on the phone with motorolastore tech support for 2 different session of 20-30 mins each. first guy tells me to download an app called hubble vervelife

this apps still does not allow me to dial out with the phone closed. called again only to find out upon further checking by their staff that is is a NORMAL feature. this is so dumb!! if i have to open the phone every time i make s call using a headset......there is no really reason other than privacy to use a headset. there is no really convenience any more to using this.

im guessing only a firmware fix on the phone call address this...but i could be wrong

Feedback Score
    you know upon further thoughts about this issue...

im not so sure if this is a phone issue or a h730 issue. here is why...when using blutooth in a car, you do not have to have the phone opened to place a call

you have to with the h730.

anyway the bottom line is this combo is not very useful or convenient

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure it's a h730 issue. It's very hard to find specifications about that and from what I can tell it is not using the latest (bluetooth 5) specs and it probably doesn't have the features that your car has. The version of bluetooth that I could find was 2.1. For headsets you probably want at least bluetooth 4 and you might have to find one with more modern specifications.

Feedback Score
    you might be right, however, i called up jabra to inquire about their headset and the tech kinda suggested to me that their headset would perform the exact same way as the motorola h730

oh i forgot to mention the h730 is supposed to be the new version of it supposedly with bt 4.0 but you are right the older 730 doesnt work well either. its very confused with or without flip opened

i dont know to think anymore

so there you go...