Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have to agree

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Fine, I agree. The only question is timing. Do you want to be the person who pays a huge premium for Mod 1, S/N 00001 or do you want to give the market a chance to catch up, the technology time to mature. If you're that guy who has to have Mod 1, S/N 00001, then go right ahead buy now. Six months from now you'll be able to buy better for less, but that's your choice. Also, if you live in a mega-city where >6 GHz 5G is available, you might want to spend the bucks, just to get the service. For the rest of us Joe Averages out there, it's not such a great idea.
    There won’t be a huge premium as 5G device prices will fall after it is introduced. Only preorders will have a price premium. The 5G chips are solid and the better devices will have the better bands. The baseband is software and will see updates over time as issues are resolved which there could be some initial issues. The next crop of 5G chips may be smaller and consume less power but speeds should be similar although there could be added bands over time as well on newer chips.

As for me I am still on older Apple devices and will update as new devices come to market in the next few years or less. If Apple came out with an Ipad Pro 11 5G this year I would be very interested. I am on an ipad mini 4 now and if the newer ipad pro is thinner I could go for the bigger size. Or I could do a foldable tablet/phone or I don’t know yet. Still waiting for the next crop of 5G devices. Samsung got the ball moving so far with the Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S6 Tab although I am waiting for Apple devices as its hard to switch to a new platform which I am used to.

Feedback Score
    I’m personally not sold in this whole 5G thing. Is there a way to turn it off and just use LTE?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    There won’t be a huge premium as 5G device prices will fall after it is introduced. .....
    Call me when the full retail price falls below $500.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Call me when the full retail price falls below $500.
    Well, knowing the history of how android devices plummet in value after release, you'll likely be able to pick up a S20 sometime in septemberish, if not earlier, for around $450-$500 on sale. Heck, tmobile just had the pixel 4 for $399 for a few weeks.

Device(s)
    Apple IPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T 4.5g LTE-Advanced Pro
    Feedback Score
    Snapdragon x60 modem will be impressive when it comes out in new phones in 2021

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n-x60-5g-modem
    Two great smartphone apps to find cell towers and map actual coverage areas
    1. Cellmapper
    2. OpenSignal
    If You're With AT&T Wireless as your Cell Provider, Use the "AT&T Mark The Spot App" to report an issues with your service, like, no connection, slow speeds, no coverage, drop calls...etc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvtechno View Post
    Snapdragon x60 modem will be impressive when it comes out in new phones in 2021

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n-x60-5g-modem
    Yeah I will likely pass on the chipsets coming out this year and wait for the newer ones. Will probably upgrade around 2021-2022.

Device(s)
    Moto X4 & G7; Pixel 3a & 4xl; Nexus 5x; IPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    First, you should wait for a viable 5G network to use, probably late 2021 or sometime in 2022. Then, it would be prudent to take a pass on the first iterations of 5G phones (cost & bugs) so you would be looking at late 2022 or 2023 for a reliable and reasonably priced 5G phone.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    First, you should wait for a viable 5G network to use, probably late 2021 or sometime in 2022. Then, it would be prudent to take a pass on the first iterations of 5G phones (cost & bugs) so you would be looking at late 2022 or 2023 for a reliable and reasonably priced 5G phone.
    AT&T is viable right now for 5G. Finishing touches are going on and should be ready by March for some remaining stuff in my area. I just want the better 5G chips so I have time to wait a little bit. As to how long I do not know. The First phones will be fine and be software upgradable to fix bugs. Not worried about this.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Yeah I will likely pass on the chipsets coming out this year and wait for the newer ones. Will probably upgrade around 2021-2022.
    Do any current phones support n77/n78? I think these bands will be important for AT&T's and Verizon's 5G services. Unless having 5G was urgent today, I might wait for that. Assuming one keeps phones longer than a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2