Thread: Delayed texts

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score

Delayed texts

My family is on cricket wireless. Me and my mom have had no delayed texts but my dad does. He is on cricket and he receives some texts like a day later. Is there a fix we have full signal at our house out in the country which is we’re we have the problem. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is your father using the same make/model phone ?? Any difference in signal strength on his phone ?? What make/model phone ?? Have you contacted customer service for troubleshooting yet ??
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score

Delayed texts

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Is your father using the same make/model phone ?? Any difference in signal strength on his phone ?? What make/model phone ?? Have you contacted customer service for troubleshooting yet ??
    No he has a iPhone 6s. I have a iPhone 7 and my mom has a 6s. Signal is good on all of ours. Cell tower is right outside our kitchen window. I have not called for customer service yet.

Feedback Score
    Wait a minute--iPhone?

Are you talking about SMS, or are you talking about Apple Messages? Two wildly different things.

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    SMS mainly and Apple iMessage sometimes.

Feedback Score
    I didn't think you could choose SMS on an iPhone--that everything went through Messages, and it decided for you.

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    When a person doesn’t have an iPhone it will go over SMS. And somebody else has an iPhone and your texting him it goes over iMessage.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I didn't think you could choose SMS on an iPhone--that everything went through Messages, and it decided for you.
    By default an iPhone will attempt to use iMessage, but through the phone settings the preferred method can be changed by turning off iMessaging. This is the preferred method for some international travelers to prevent having to pay for a data connection while roaming internationally. Like other phones, text messages are typically cheaper than data usage. Some carriers allow standard data (2G or 3G) at no additional cost internationally, it hasn't always been that way.

Feedback Score
    so, we have three iPhone users--and I'll bet none of them have turned off iMessage. Ergo, all three are using iMessage, which goes through Apple's servers and not carrier SMS.

Which makes this not an SMS issue at all...

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    It only goes through SMS when the other user doesn’t have a iPhone. My dad has the problem when the person texting him does not have an iPhone. Whenever I text him or other family members do they have an iPhone There is no problem

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hamradio View Post
    It only goes through SMS when the other user doesn’t have a iPhone. My dad has the problem when the person texting him does not have an iPhone. Whenever I text him or other family members do they have an iPhone There is no problem

So again, this is a function of iPhone and its non-standard implementation of this very basic function.

The real test of this, of course, is putting his SIM card into a non-iPhone and having one of his friends text him.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    A few more things about iMessage to keep in mind:

In the event of an issue, it would be either an issue with the iPhone settings, the actual data connection or with Apple's server and not the cellular carrier's network. iMessage can be turned off domestically and fallback to the standard SMS connection at any time by the user. Doesn't matter if a standard SMS is sent to an iPhone or as an iMessage, both options are available to iPhone users.

For example if a Samsung user sends an SMS/MMS message to an iPhone, that message is not converted to an iMessage, only as an SMS/MMS.

Carrier(s)
    AT$T, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Try doing a network reset on your dad's phone. If that doesn't help have to reach out to customer service.

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy View Post
    Try doing a network reset on your dad's phone. If that doesn't help have to reach out to customer service.
    Ok thank you