Thread: WCS Band 30 Amplifier

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

WCS Band 30 Amplifier

Does anyone make a Band 30 compatible amplifier ? Thanks.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    So came back to share that no one manufactures a band 30 amplifier. With regard to antennas apparently the only official antenna that can be used to increase gain on WCS is the antenna on the official fixed wireless service at&t offers. Unfortunately we do not qualify.

Damn damn damn !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The thing is band 30 is not something you'd typically want to amplify. Back in the old days some carriers were only on 1,900 Mhz hence the need to boost those as well.

Now carriers have a mix of low, mid and high band spectrum depending on what carrier you're with and what's available to you. Although if you're in range of 2,300 Mhz (LTE BAND 30) you are probably going to get a nice and quick connection but the range and penetration will be quite poor.

Wish I could have been more help but you're right, they simply don't exist on that band.

Feedback Score
    What is the range for band 30? I'm two miles from a cell tower that has bands 4, 12, and 66 for mobile devices and band 30 for fixed wireless. I can get all bands on my phone easily but I was told by an AT&T fixed wireless installer that the signal for band 30 was too weak to sign up for fixed wireless. It's just hard to believe that with an outdoor antenna you couldn't pull in a usable band 30 signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    The thing is band 30 is not something you'd typically want to amplify. Back in the old days some carriers were only on 1,900 Mhz hence the need to boost those as well.

Now carriers have a mix of low, mid and high band spectrum depending on what carrier you're with and what's available to you. Although if you're in range of 2,300 Mhz (LTE BAND 30) you are probably going to get a nice and quick connection but the range and penetration will be quite poor.

Wish I could have been more help but you're right, they simply don't exist on that band.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB294 View Post
    What is the range for band 30? I'm two miles from a cell tower that has bands 4, 12, and 66 for mobile devices and band 30 for fixed wireless. I can get all bands on my phone easily but I was told by an AT&T fixed wireless installer that the signal for band 30 was too weak to sign up for fixed wireless. It's just hard to believe that with an outdoor antenna you couldn't pull in a usable band 30 signal.
    I'm not sure but I believe an HSPA has a hard limit of 32 KM (20 miles) from the tower... Also not sure why but 700 Mhz LTE doesn't seem to travel as far as 850 Mhz HSPA in my experience (and on most carriers coverage maps).