Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZTE Z723EL Home Phone Activation

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Also can you keep it plugged into power all the time so you don't need to be concerned with re-charging? After all, it's a home phone.
    I know cells phones can be used plugged to power all the time; only downside I've ever heard is it may diminish overall battery life to some degree.
    Does anyone know the answer to this question? TIA.

EDIT:

Ok, I found this from the ST Z723EL Tutorial page:

Note: The battery is intended for back up only, in the event of power failure. It takes 3.5 hours to charge, and charges automatically through the power adapter. Talk time is approximately 2 hours and standby time is about 36 hours. https://support.straighttalk.com/tut...0?device=24994
    Last edited by dragon405; 03-14-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon405 View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to this question? TIA.

EDIT:

Ok, I found this from the ST Z723EL Tutorial page:

Note: The battery is intended for back up only, in the event of power failure. It takes 3.5 hours to charge, and charges automatically through the power adapter. Talk time is approximately 2 hours and standby time is about 36 hours. https://support.straighttalk.com/tut...0?device=24994
    Which implies it generally should be plugged in all the time if possible.

Feedback Score
    Which implies it generally should be plugged in all the time if possible.
    Exactly. I would keep it plugged in always.

But funny thing is on page 5 of the user manual, it says to "Disconnect the charger when the battery is fully charged." So anyhoo, thought I throw that out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon405 View Post
    Exactly. I would keep it plugged in always.

But funny thing is on page 5 of the user manual, it says to "Disconnect the charger when the battery is fully charged." So anyhoo, thought I throw that out there.
    I read that too; that's why I asked the original question. Never went to the tutorial so didn't see the other note you mentioned. Have you ever checked if it works plugged in with the battery removed? I read somewhere some cells will, some won't.

Feedback Score
    I read that too; that's why I asked the original question. Never went to the tutorial so didn't see the other note you mentioned. Have you ever checked if it works plugged in with the battery removed? I read somewhere some cells will, some won't.
    No, I've never tried it without the battery. The ST device works good currently and don't want to screw things up, so I won't be attempting that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2