Telus $70/20GB (with family discount)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score

News Dump: CRTC Hearing on the Review of Mobile Wireless Services

How can Bell Canada’s Mirko Bibic openly lie to the CRTC saying wireless prices in Canada are “declining rapidly”? His company just notified many Bell and Virgin customers that their rates are going up to maintain Bell’s great cellular network, blah, blah, blah.

And my girlfriend with Rogers saw on her last bill that her two-year-old $40 plan is going up 12.5%. Who here got a 12.5% pay increase in the last two years? I’m sure Rogers will spew the same BS to the CRTC next week that wireless prices are falling rapidly.
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    How can Bell Canada’s Mirko Bibic openly lie to the CRTC saying wireless prices in Canada are “declining rapidly”? His company just notified many Bell and Virgin customers that their rates are going up to maintain Bell’s great cellular network, blah, blah, blah.

And my girlfriend with Rogers saw on her last bill that her two-year-old $40 plan is going up 12.5%. Who here got a 12.5% pay increase in the last two years? I’m sure Rogers will spew the same BS to the CRTC next week that wireless prices are falling rapidly.
    How can that sad excuse for a person lie? It just comes naturally when he opens his mouth. This is why he got promoted.
    It's absolutely abhorrent how the cartel treats their customers, CRTC and and the gubernmint. And they get away with it...could it be lobbying money? Nah..unlikely /s
    Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most. [Mark Twain]

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I'm not too sure why the CRTC even bothers with these consultations, to make them selves look busy? Canadians have been complaining about the lack of access to affordable data for a decade. Then the EU, UK, AU, US, all of Asia went unlimited and Canada went back to dialup.

So I mean their head must so far up their own a** to think they're actually providing some value here.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I hope that link holds true. That the Telus threats at the CRTC do backfire.

With broadband small IISPs can coexist so this whole thing that wireless can not support more than 4 players in each region is BS. Wireless is a cash cow for the Big Telcos and even Shaw realized they had to get back into it by buying Wind after ditching the wireless strategy after the first auction.