Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 141

Thread: Verizon, T-Mobile bicker over C-band auction rules

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,211
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post

    You yourself said it. "They are a for profit business and have every right to charge more if they want" you said this 3 days ago. Either, you just flip flop your opinion to argue, or you have Alzheimer's. If it is the latter, I strongly suggest getting medical help. The disease is no joke.
    Personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you can't participate in discussion without resorting to this nonsense, find someplace else to spend your time online--you aren't welcome here.


    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post


    This is just another example of one of your personal attacks. Something you resort to when you're unable to talk about the topic at hand.
    I don't know why I have to say this so often, but here I go again.... don't bother responding to it, report it and let the staff deal with it.

    Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    993
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Agreed the Anti-Merger people that are really customers of AT&T and Verizon are just throwing out more FUD as if they still think they can somehow stop the Merger. Pure sour grapes they are upset T-Mobile will be able to compete with AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile prices may go up or down but I could care less since I have my plan locked in. Really Verizon and AT&T are more likely to raise prices. Dish that must grow their customers base will be the value price network and still have T-Mobile network to roam on. Whatever the plan prices is not an issue since Comcast and Charter have their own WiFi hotspots network plus roaming on Verizon. Add in SpaceX, OneWeb and Amazon that each will launch thousands of low orbit satellites will also be a player in mobile devices. The mobile phone and WISP is more competitive in the next few years than ever before.
    Where do you come up with this garbage? Tons of Sprint and T-Mobile customers were anti-merger because they are the ones who will be negatively affected the most. If they wanted better coverage, they would have switched to AT&T or Verizon. T-Mobile is not going to compete with AT&T or Verizon in this decade. DISH is a joke and is not going to build out much, if anything. The mobile market is less competitive now, and prices will go up. That's how a market works. This will go down in history as one of the worst decisions in the history of regulating the telecom sector.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    993
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    "A firmer pledge he was willing to make: 5G service plans will be unlimited, and they won't be more expensive than T-Mobile's existing 4G service plans, at least for three years. "
    Translation: they will have various throttling/depri thresholds and there will be a massive price hike in 3 years.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,767
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Where do you come up with this garbage? Tons of Sprint and T-Mobile customers were anti-merger because they are the ones who will be negatively affected the most. If they wanted better coverage, they would have switched to AT&T or Verizon. T-Mobile is not going to compete with AT&T or Verizon in this decade. DISH is a joke and is not going to build out much, if anything. The mobile market is less competitive now, and prices will go up. That's how a market works. This will go down in history as one of the worst decisions in the history of regulating the telecom sector.

    So how many more customers will AT&T have over the new T-Mobile? T-Mobile with Sprint’s spectrum will have a faster network than everyone one else by mid-2021 with 5G that is useable and faster than LTE. T-Mobile Band 71 when completed will have as go of coverage as anyone else has. After all the new T-Mobile has more spectrum than both AT&T and Verizon combined not counting that mmWave that is too expensive to deploy except in major cities.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    253
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Translation: they will have various throttling/depri thresholds and there will be a massive price hike in 3 years.
    Translation: I have no proof of what I'm claiming so I'll just make things up to fit my argument.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,767
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Translation: they will have various throttling/depri thresholds and there will be a massive price hike in 3 years.
    I am confident that even if T-Mobile raises prices in three years on every New customer then AT&T and Verizon will raise prices by a 200% increases for all their customers including old plans over the increase that T-Mobile charges new customers. Bottom line is AT$T and Verizon service prices are always going to be higher than T- Mobile on similar plans.

    The OpenSignal report that Verizon 5G customers are only able to connect 6% of the time walking down the sidewalk in Verizon’s current 5G areas just shows how ineffective mmWave is in the real world.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,009
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Tons of Sprint and T-Mobile customers were anti-merger because they are the ones who will be negatively affected the most.
    I don't know if I've seen any polls of Sprint or T-Mobile customers on this subject. If you have links to them, please provide.

    If they wanted better coverage, they would have switched to AT&T or Verizon.
    Perhaps they wanted better coverage at the price point they're paying now. Perhaps coverage wasn't crucial to their carrier choice, but if it improves, or if network speeds improve, they sure will gladly take it.

    T-Mobile is not going to compete with AT&T or Verizon in this decade.
    T-Mobile is already competing with both companies. They usually exceed both companies in network additions each quarter too. Now with the merger, their network is only going to get better which will allow them to target a bigger percentage of their competitors' customers.

    This will go down in history as one of the worst decisions in the history of regulating the telecom sector.
    As T-Mobile's network evolves into the great 5G network it is destined to become with great capacity and coverage, history will show that the decision to merge was essential to that evolution.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    993
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So how many more customers will AT&T have over the new T-Mobile? T-Mobile with Sprint’s spectrum will have a faster network than everyone one else by mid-2021 with 5G that is useable and faster than LTE. T-Mobile Band 71 when completed will have as go of coverage as anyone else has. After all the new T-Mobile has more spectrum than both AT&T and Verizon combined not counting that mmWave that is too expensive to deploy except in major cities.
    AT&T, T-Sprint, and Verizon will each be roughly equal in size, but that's irrelevant to the point. The people who were on T-Mobile and Sprint wanted less coverage for less money, now they're being deprived of that choice. If they had wanted to pay more for more coverage, they would already have had AT&T or Verizon.

    It will take T-Mobile at least a decade to catch up to AT&T and Verizon if they ever do. They would have to re-build much of their current network with a tighter cell spacing, and also address more remote areas that AT&T is now running away with, and Verizon already has partially covered.

    T-Mobile has a cheap way to deploy a lot of 5G quickly with n41. Verizon's mmWave is going to be a lot faster, and will have a significant coverage area since they are having to deploy a ton of small cells anyway.

    However, the nuances of their various networks doesn't change the fact that T-Mobile and Sprint customers are losing out on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Translation: I have no proof of what I'm claiming so I'll just make things up to fit my argument.
    I'm just translating what John Legere is saying. It's not rocket science how this stuff works.

    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I am confident that even if T-Mobile raises prices in three years on every New customer then AT&T and Verizon will raise prices by a 200% increases for all their customers including old plans over the increase that T-Mobile charges new customers. Bottom line is AT$T and Verizon service prices are always going to be higher than T- Mobile on similar plans.
    So let's get this straight. Your justification is that this merger will allow AT&T and Verizon to raise their prices MORE than T-Mobile will, so therefore everyone's prices going up as a result of this merger is OK? That's asinine. And now, AT&T and Verizon aren't going to triple their prices in 3 years, but certainly the industry average prices will creep up, and T-Sprint's prices will be less competitive with AT&T and Verizon than they are now.

    The OpenSignal report that Verizon 5G customers are only able to connect 6% of the time walking down the sidewalk in Verizon’s current 5G areas just shows how ineffective mmWave is in the real world.
    They've barely begun building it! Verizon's mmWave 5G is going to be a big force in the industry, both for mobile, and for home broadband. There's a great business case behind it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I don't know if I've seen any polls of Sprint or T-Mobile customers on this subject. If you have links to them, please provide.
    There have been numerous people on here who have T-Mobile or Sprint and are against the merger.

    Perhaps they wanted better coverage at the price point they're paying now. Perhaps coverage wasn't crucial to their carrier choice, but if it improves, or if network speeds improve, they sure will gladly take it.
    Which they're not going to get, at least after the initial 3-year period. If they wanted to pay more for better coverage, they would have chosen AT&T or Verizon already.

    T-Mobile is already competing with both companies. They usually exceed both companies in network additions each quarter too. Now with the merger, their network is only going to get better which will allow them to target a bigger percentage of their competitors' customers.
    This is like saying McDonald's competes with an upscale burger joint. In some sense, yes, it does, as if someone eats at McDs, they're not eating at the upscale burger joint. However, they're not directly competing for the same market segment either.

    It's possible that T-Sprint can catch up with AT&T and Verizon in network coverage in 10 years, but they're now becoming an even more urban-centric carrier by buying Sprint, so competing directly with the big two is not going to be at the top of their priority list.

    As T-Mobile's network evolves into the great 5G network it is destined to become with great capacity and coverage, history will show that the decision to merge was essential to that evolution.
    ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY JOHN LEGERE! BOW TO THE GREATNESS OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, T-MOBILE!!!

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    194
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Agreed the Anti-Merger people that are really customers of AT&T and Verizon are just throwing out more FUD as if they still think they can somehow stop the Merger. Pure sour grapes they are upset T-Mobile will be able to compete with AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile prices may go up or down but I could care less since I have my plan locked in. Really Verizon and AT&T are more likely to raise prices. Dish that must grow their customers base will be the value price network and still have T-Mobile network to roam on. Whatever the plan prices is not an issue since Comcast and Charter have their own WiFi hotspots network plus roaming on Verizon. Add in SpaceX, OneWeb and Amazon that each will launch thousands of low orbit satellites will also be a player in mobile devices. The mobile phone and WISP is more competitive in the next few years than ever before.
    I'm not a fan of the merger and I have service with T-Mobile *and* Sprint. I'm also a realist and understand with the recent court ruling there is a 98% chance that the merger is happening....

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,510
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I don't know if I've seen any polls of Sprint or T-Mobile customers on this subject. If you have links to them, please provide.
    Since a ton is likely fewer than 20 people, all it would take is 40 people to be "tons"

    I've not seen polls for any other method of counting. I just know that, population 1 (and not a ton), I think that the merge is more likely to improve things than hurt.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,981
    Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    The people who were on T-Mobile and Sprint wanted less coverage for less money, now they're being deprived of that choice. If they had wanted to pay more for more coverage, they would already have had AT&T or Verizon.
    Funny, I'm on T-Mobile and I want more coverage, but not by switching to AT&t or Verizon. I would rather stick with an ethical company like T-Mobile. By the way, how did Verizon and At&t get so big? By mergers, but now all the sudden it's a bad thing. I know, 4 carriers to 3 blah blah blah. It's time to just stop blabbing about what a horrible decision you think it is because you can't change it. Just wait and see, and in three years if all the doom and gloom your preaching come true, just say "I told you so".

    Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner


  12. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,009
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    The people who were on T-Mobile and Sprint wanted less coverage for less money, now they're being deprived of that choice. If they had wanted to pay more for more coverage, they would already have had AT&T or Verizon.
    It's interesting how those who don't use T-Mobile and Sprint are lecturing T-Mobile and Sprint customers what they do and don't want. First of all, no price hikes have been reported so customers aren't being deprived of anything currently. Secondly if the network improves with higher speeds and more coverage, that's a good thing for the customers.

    It will take T-Mobile at least a decade to catch up to AT&T and Verizon if they ever do.
    You talk as if its an all or nothing scenario and its not. As T-mobile gradually improves their network it becomes an option for more and more people. That's what they've been doing for the past few years. They improve their network and they lead the industry in net additions each quarter. Now with their new resources from Sprint combined with 5G technology, they'll be able to improve their network even more. More and more customers will consider switching to T-Mobile and their marketshare will continue to increase.


    T-Sprint's prices will be less competitive with AT&T and Verizon than they are now.
    This is just speculation on your part. You do not know the corporate strategy T-mobile will use regarding pricing.



    They've barely begun building it! Verizon's mmWave 5G is going to be a big force in the industry, both for mobile, and for home broadband. There's a great business case behind it.
    That they've barely built it is not the issue. The OpenSignal report said that Verizon 5G customers are only able to connect 6% of the time walking down the sidewalk in Verizon’s current 5G areas. That's shows there's something not good about current mmWave technology. Why wouldn't the percentage be closer to 100%??


    ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY JOHN LEGERE!
    It's been great watching his magic in turning the company around and then pulling off this spectacular merger. I wish him the best in his retirement.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,767
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    .

    AT&T, T-Sprint, and Verizon will each be roughly equal in size, but that's irrelevant to the point. The people who were on T-Mobile and Sprint wanted less coverage for less money, now they're being deprived of that choice. If they had wanted to pay more for more coverage, they would already have had AT&T or Verizon.

    It will take T-Mobile at least a decade to catch up to AT&T and Verizon if they ever do. They would have to re-build much of their current network with a tighter cell spacing, and also address more remote areas that AT&T is now running away with, and Verizon already has partially covered.

    T-Mobile has a cheap way to deploy a lot of 5G quickly with n41. Verizon's mmWave is going to be a lot faster, and will have a significant coverage area since they are having to deploy a ton of small cells anyway.

    However, the nuances of their various networks doesn't change the fact that T-Mobile and Sprint customers are losing out on this.

    .
    Wake up the number of customers is how the industry decided who is #1 , #2 and #3. I really would has expected you to know that. What is really irrelevant is your personal definition of how they are rated by the industry.

    Really funny showing how little you know about The New T-Mobile’s Towers sice it was build on PCS distances that is close together than AT&T and Verizon. Also, after the merger the New T-Mobile will have 110,000 cell tower which is far more that either AT&T or Verizon has in the nation along with more Sub6GHz spectrum that both the other two networks combined. Granted some of those towers will be sold to Dish but Dish is going to need to provide some extra roaming by either leasing their spectrum or leasing roaming for T-Mobile to get some revenue to build their new network. Yes, Dish will be also roaming on T-Mobile but Dish needs to get some money by getting T-Mobile to lease some of Dish’s spectrum.

    As soon as all the 600 MHz is deployed by the 4th Quarter there will be no coverage difference between any of the three networks except T-Mobile will have the most 5G coverage in the nation. Verizon doesn’t have enough spectrum to match T-Mobile for 5G coverage in 2020. You claim no one cares about 5G as you brag that Verizon has the fastest 5G even though they can’t afford to deploy mmWave outside large metro areas. Verizon extra speed has no use on Cell phones other that static speed test. Unless AT&T gets real busy in 2020 then T-Mobile will be the #2 network by mid-2021 since they will have more customers than AT&T.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-29-2020 at 02:04 PM.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,111
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    ......As soon as all the 600 MHz is deployed by the 4th Quarter there will be no coverage difference between any of the three networks except T-Mobile will have the most 5G coverage in the nation. ........
    This is a speculative statement and not well supported by history. T-Mobile has a bad habit of overstating the range of low-band rural towers. In many markets where they have fully deployed 700 MHz, customers still report dead zones between the towers in places where Verizon's coverage is pretty much continuous. Also, if history is any guide, it will take until long after the 4th Quarter before T-Mobile completes their 600 MHz deployment.
    Donald Newcomb

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    478
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    This is a speculative statement and not well supported by history. T-Mobile has a bad habit of overstating the range of low-band rural towers. In many markets where they have fully deployed 700 MHz, customers still report dead zones between the towers in places where Verizon's coverage is pretty much continuous. Also, if history is any guide, it will take until long after the 4th Quarter before T-Mobile completes their 600 MHz deployment.
    I agree. Just because they have the license, doesn’t mean they will cover every square inch of that area they have the license to. They should honestly. It will take a lot more than 1 year.

    What kills T-Mobile more is their lack of using indoor DAS like the big two, or at least to the same extent. That really doesn’t help their image when you still lose coverage indoors, even with B12 or 71. I won’t say that’s always the case because it isn’t, but considering the perception that TMO has already, and yes that is changing, it is still an issue.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Telus loses court fight over Ottawa’s spectrum auction rules
    By underrated in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 02:03 AM
  4. Verizon's Mobile Office Kit
    By elrod in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2002, 12:45 PM
  5. T-Mobile takes over...
    By dna48363 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2002, 06:17 PM

Bookmarks