Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Traveling international

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    The details are that you can still go but you have to be quarantined for 14 days after your return.
    It sounds like it's a self quarantine. The real thing is you have to have a negative test before you can get on the plane and leave Europe. Here's what I found:

In remarks Thursday, Trump said Americans returning from Europe would be tested for the virus — and would not be allowed into the country if they have the virus.

We're not putting them on planes if it shows positive," he said. Americans will be quarantined upon arrival, he said.

"You have to have separation, or this thing takes longer to go away," he said.

According to Wolf's statement, U.S. passengers who have been in the affected European nations will be required to travel through "select airports where the U.S. has implemented enhanced screening procedures." Vice President Pence said Thursday there are 13 such airports and added that those travelers who return to the U.S. from the EU will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/81493...el-from-europe

Feedback Score
    I'd gladly take a credit for a future flight vs. losing the payment. I travel overseas 2-3 times a year at least, so it wouldn't be wasted.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Cancelled Jet Blue flite made a couple weeks ago for Thurs. -- FLL to SFO. (Ft. Lauderdale) They offered credit back to credit card. When I made res. - about 2/3 sold out. For fun looked up seating availability when I cancelled 2 days ago -- maybe 40% sold out.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    Cancelled Jet Blue flite made a couple weeks ago for Thurs. -- FLL to SFO. (Ft. Lauderdale) They offered credit back to credit card. When I made res. - about 2/3 sold out. For fun looked up seating availability when I cancelled 2 days ago -- maybe 40% sold out.
    That is the airlines dirty trick, when 1/4 sold out, the retail system shows 3/4 sold out to give buyer pressure to buy tickets. I am a former airlines' employee.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Traveling throughout the world isn't a good idea right now. Because lots of countries are affected by the Covid-19. So need to be more careful.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessio22 View Post
    Traveling throughout the world isn't a good idea right now. Because lots of countries are affected by the Covid-19. So need to be more careful.
    For some people, it's not an option.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    That is the airlines dirty trick, when 1/4 sold out, the retail system shows 3/4 sold out to give buyer pressure to buy tickets. I am a former airlines' employee.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for confirming what I always guessed! Jet Blue has flexible pricing. If prices are low, I assumed sales are not in demand even if seating show 80% full.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3