Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unreal Mobile (AT&T) UT&T&D, 1GB/Mo LTE, $6.66/Mo ($19.99/3 Mo)

Feedback Score
    Maybe a redpocket sim will work?

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 SM-G930VC flashed to SM-G930U
    Carrier(s)
    Unreal Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got a response from my support ticket.
    Hello canon_,

You can make your order through the recent promotion email that was sent to you in the past day or so. If you click on the plan of your choice you will be directed to a page where you can submit your order.

Unfortunately, a new order will need to be created in order for the Premium LTE SIM card to ship out. If you just had a monthly service renewal on your Standard LTE SIM account we are able to provide a prorated refund of unused service time.

We would just need you to confirm your new order and current account phone number to locate the renewal charge before proceeding with a prorated refund request. After the new sim card is activated the old account would need to be canceled.

As a valued UNREAL Mobile customer, we hope that we have addressed all concerns. However, should you need additional assistance, please feel free to respond to this incident and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please also be sure to visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base

Thank you,
    Milyn
    Your personal Online Service Agent
    I haven't received a promotional email yet and responded to the ticket saying so.

Feedback Score
    Why is their website so ****** up? It's just dying to get my IMEI, email & phone number before it'll tell me if Unreal works in my zip or if I can BYOD. Why are they being a pita (instead of a loaf of bread)?

I'm confused.
    They're a ATT MVNO but sell CDMA phones as well?
    Or they're both an ATT & Sprint MVNO?
    The only way to get cellular voice on ATT is to get a SIM on the Unreal website?

Jeez I wouldn't be surprised if 49k of their purported 50k subscribers are using their VOIP service. Given what pita the website is.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Why is their website so ****** up? It's just dying to get my IMEI, email & phone number before it'll tell me if Unreal works in my zip or if I can BYOD. Why are they being a pita (instead of a loaf of bread)?

I'm confused.
    They're a ATT MVNO but sell CDMA phones as well?
    Or they're both an ATT & Sprint MVNO?
    The only way to get cellular voice on ATT is to get a SIM on the Unreal website?

Jeez I wouldn't be surprised if 49k of their purported 50k subscribers are using their VOIP service. Given what pita the website is.
    FreedomPop & Unreal's websites have always been a pita as far as requiring email address & location before letting you see much.

They sell CDMA phones only as a leftover from when they offered CDMA (Sprint) service-- but they don't currently offer CDMA service. (I don't imagine they sell many of the phones.) I wouldn't be surprised to see Sprint service come back as an option, since both Red Pocket and FreedomPop offer Sprint service.

Yes, nearly all of their current customers are VoIP service, since they only barely begun offering cellular voice as an option on GSM. A significant portion of those current users don't use voice service at all (or rarely), and bought in for data use only-- they likely won't be clamoring for the upgrade. If I was a current customer, I'd jump on an almost-no-cost upgrade to cellular voice whether my prior use was for voice service or not.
    Last edited by greenhandle; 03-04-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 SM-G930VC flashed to SM-G930U
    Carrier(s)
    Unreal Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    If I was a current customer, I'd jump on an almost-no-cost upgrade to cellular voice whether my prior use was for voice service or not.
    As far as I've been able to gather they are only offering Premium cellular voice with their monthly plans and not their 3 month plans. I asked support how I could switch my plan to Premium cellular voice and they said they had to put me on a monthly plan but could add whatever funds I had pre-paid to the new plan.

Monthly plans cost more than the 3 month plans and I don't use a lot of voice so I'll probably stick with my 3 month VOIP plan for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2