Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LTE Coverage Surpasses 2.61M sq miles to Support AT&T and FirstNet Subscribers

jakeuten is online now AT&T Network Guru
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

LTE Coverage Surpasses 2.61M sq miles to Support AT&T and FirstNet Subscribers

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

thotguy31 is online now I've climbed a cellphone tower
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I was going to ask you about that. There's pretty much vzw coverage but still lacking density in some areas

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

tyroned3222 is offline I've climbed a cellphone tower
    Feedback Score

Hereís the full card of all the adds and percentage updates etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTENetwork is offline Radiation is good
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post

Hereís the full card of all the adds and percentage updates etc....

Verizon was a lot better in my area in Queens NYC than AT&T. However, AT&T is still in process of doing a ton of work in my area which is still underway. Verizon has been doing a lot less work than AT&T but is still doing work in some places as it already had a higher coverage area. AT&T is closing up those coverage gaps and making improvement.

Verizon and AT&T will both have significant coverage and each will differ in certain areas but AT&T has stepped up their fiber optics backbone significantly by me with constant ongoing work in a market which was previously having issues.

VVivian is offline the fakest geek girl
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    AT&T’s decision to invest in spectrum instead of densification is going to come back to bite them once Verizon’s millimeter wave speeds and New T-Mobile’s 2.5 GHz 5G speeds raise customer expectations. Verizon has the density to deliver consistent gigabit speeds and New T-Mobile will have the midband spectrum to do the same, but AT&T has neither.

tyroned3222 is offline I've climbed a cellphone tower
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    AT&Tís decision to invest in spectrum instead of densification is going to come back to bite them once Verizonís millimeter wave speeds and New T-Mobileís 2.5 GHz 5G speeds raise customer expectations. Verizon has the density to deliver consistent gigabit speeds and New T-Mobile will have the midband spectrum to do the same, but AT&T has neither.
    Densification will come for att! There engineering may not be top notch compared to Verizon, but attís ran team knows they need more densification in a lot of areas. Expanding the network via the first net contract was to some extend priority, but now thatís coming closer to the ending and now more focus can be put on densification projects. Att will still rollout expansion, just not as aggressive as say the last 3 years

DebiLee is offline Why yes, that is a bag phone
    Feedback Score
    Good for them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    AT&Tís decision to invest in spectrum instead of densification is going to come back to bite them once Verizonís millimeter wave speeds and New T-Mobileís 2.5 GHz 5G speeds raise customer expectations. Verizon has the density to deliver consistent gigabit speeds and New T-Mobile will have the midband spectrum to do the same, but AT&T has neither.
    Verizonís small cell capacity will limit them to those Gigabit speeds within tight Urban spaces. AT&T has a lot of potential with their spectrum holdings especially once they amp up backhaul and they phase into building more sites and small cells. Donít forget in some markets AT&T has dense small cell grids as well. Minneapolis and Chicago for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon’s small cell capacity will limit them to those Gigabit speeds within tight Urban spaces.
    Not for long. I’ve read estimates that Verizon will reach 55% population coverage of millimeter wave by 2030.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/hi...-2030-mckinsey

anthonyjones is offline My screen is bigger than yours
    Feedback Score
    Att will probably be the number 3 network speed wise. Both new T-Mobile and Verizon will cream them until they catch up

T-Mobile seems to already have more lte than att so att has some catching up to do

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not for long. Iíve read estimates that Verizon will reach 55% population coverage of millimeter wave by 2030.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/hi...-2030-mckinsey
    62.7% the population lives in 3.5% of the land mass of the united states as of 2015 according to the US Census Bureau.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Att will probably be the number 3 network speed wise. Both new T-Mobile and Verizon will cream them until they catch up

T-Mobile seems to already have more lte than att so att has some catching up to do
    Howís T-Mobile going to cream them when it will take them 3 years to integrate the network while trying to keep prices down? Funny. Also, the original article is about AT&T being on Verizonís heels in LTE coverage... not T-Mobile. LOL

Joeybutts is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizonís small cell capacity will limit them to those Gigabit speeds within tight Urban spaces. AT&T has a lot of potential with their spectrum holdings especially once they amp up backhaul and they phase into building more sites and small cells. Donít forget in some markets AT&T has dense small cell grids as well. Minneapolis and Chicago for sure.

They've gotten pretty dense w cran's in Manhattan as well. They have LAA deployed on every small cell to boot.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BMWDude49120 is offline Why yes, that is a bag phone
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post

This is the mast hilarious post Iíve read on this forum in quite some time. Thank you for the laugh.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    They've gotten pretty dense w cran's in Manhattan as well. They have LAA deployed on every small cell to boot
    Unlicensed spectrum is so underrated. I can't wait until carriers begin including 802.11ay in their small cells and use Wi-Fi link aggregation to make their 5G perform at tens of gigabits per second. (It's a 60 GHz Wi-Fi protocol that can go up to 100 Gbps as long as it has either line of sight or minimal obstacles. Doesn't go far at all, but definitely far enough for outdoor pedestrians walking by small cells!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast