Thread: Do I need PagePlus to release my handset after an account expires?

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score

Do I need PagePlus to release my handset after an account expires?

I am going to stop paying for a line I have with PagePlus and let the number die a natural death. I want to use the handset for another number which I'll port to Tracfone. I already have the Tracfone SIM card, so once the current PagePlus number expires, can I just put the Tracfone SIM card in the phone and start the port-in process? Or do I have to disassociate the phone's MEID from the previous PP number?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Since you're porting from another number (not your PP one) and you have a new TF SIM, I would think you could just do it now. I read where people have active accounts with different carriers and just pop the sim in their phone for which best meets their needs at that point in time (ie traveling).

You may want to re-post your questions as a thread in the main PP forum instead of this sub-forum. Might get more visibility and a confirmed answer there.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    I'll answer my own question in case anybody else here needs to know. I was able to activate that phone on Tracfone without contacting PagePlus. Actually I didn't port a number; I activated a new Tracfone number although the customer service representative I chatted with online ported my PagePlus number by mistake. Fortunately, he was able to reverse the port and gave me a new number.