Thread: Red Pocket CDMA (Verizon) and VoLTE

Feedback Score

Red Pocket CDMA (Verizon) and VoLTE

My GSMA plan with Red Pocket is coming to an end soon and I've been thinking about moving over to Verizon for better local coverage and VoLTE support.

The problem I have (similar to the recent GSMA thread here) is that my phone, whilst supporting VoLTE is considered to be 'incompatible' with Verizon's network. Red Pocket won't let me sign up without a 'compatible IMEI'.

The phone running stock firmware has full VoLTE support, even WiFi calling.

My question is, if I sign up to Red Pocket CDMA plan with Verizon and give Verizon my IMEI for my iPhone 6 SE that is 'officially' supported by Verizon, will I be able to use the same sim in my other phone?

My phone is a ZTE Axon 7 BTW.

Feedback Score
    are you sure it's not a 6S don't see an iphone 6 SE - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_SE

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    The SE was essentially based on the 6S. Similar CPU specs, smaller size. The 6 is probably a typo, and didn't use that number anyway.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    I've successfully done this kind of SIM swapping from a Verizon whitelisted android phone to a non-whitelisted android phone but not iphone to android. Its worth a try tho. Keep us informed.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Should work fine. The non compatibility has to do with activation. Once you are activated on a phone, the sim should work on any other Verizon compatible phone like your axon 7. Just make sure the Apn is set correctly.

Sent from my iRulu Geoking Max 3 G36 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post
    The problem I have (similar to the recent GSMA thread here) is that my phone, whilst supporting VoLTE is considered to be 'incompatible' with Verizon's network. Red Pocket won't let me sign up without a 'compatible IMEI'.

My phone is a ZTE Axon 7 BTW.
    The Axon 7 was never qualified by Verizon, so you can't directly activate them. SIM swap should work.

https://community.verizonwireless.co...-7/td-p/990351

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your help guys and sorry for the delay with my reply. I indeed meant the iPhone SE!

Yep the Axon was never whitelisted despite it working fine.

I'll give this a go in the future and update here.

It's perhaps not relevant but I wanted to ask before trying because when trying to swap a Sprint (Twigby) sim from a Pixel to the iPhone it didn't work. I guess that's down to differences in the Network? Twigby said I needed a new sim. Pretty sure they locked it to the original phone.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post
    I wanted to ask before trying because when trying to swap a Sprint (Twigby) sim from a Pixel to the iPhone it didn't work. I guess that's down to differences in the Network? Twigby said I needed a new sim. Pretty sure they locked it to the original phone.
    Unlike the other carriers, Sprint SIMs actually are different for various phones. The SIMs have different product numbers. Twigby was correct.