Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which prepaid operators support VoLE and/or WiFi Calling?

Feedback Score
    Anyone here using Samsung S20 series with a prepaid provider that supports both VoLTE and Wifi calling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by princessyellow View Post
    Anyone here using Samsung S20 series with a prepaid provider that supports both VoLTE and Wifi calling
    On Ting Sprint side, my Sprint S8 has both VoLTE and Wifi Calling.

It would be the same for a Sprint S20 in my opinion, but not for any other carrier's branded (U model) S20 at this time, even after being unlocked. Samsung has not released MVNO carrier switching yet for S20. The factory-unlocked (U1) Samsung models should be ok, but I cannot guarantee that.

Twigby should hopefully be the same since they support WifiCalling which is the harder to do.
    Last edited by comintel; 03-09-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I'm trying to add information about VoLTE and WiFi Calling support to my Prepaid Compare site. Here's what I have.

AT&T network carriers supporting both VoLTE and WiFi Calling:
    AT&T Prepaid, Wing Alpha, TracFone brands and Boom: AT&T phone or iPhone required. Pixel 3 also reported to work.
    Cricket: Officially, iPhone or Cricket phone required. Unofficially Pixel 3 reported to work.
    H2O, Pure TalkUSA: iPhone running iOS 13.3.1 or later required
    Consumer Cellular: Consumer Cellular or AT&T phone required
    Red Pocket: claims VoLTE and WiFi Calling support but multiple users with iPhones and capable AT&T Android phones say neither work.

Verizon network operators supporting VoLTE:
    Visible: iPhone or Visible Android required.
    Verizon Prepaid and all Vertizon MVNOs: Verizon certified phone required.

Verizon network operators supporting WiFi Calling:
    Verizon Prepaid: supported on iPhones and most Verizon Android phones.
    Visible: Supported on iPhones and most Visible Android phones.
    All other Verizon MVNOs: not supported.

T-Mobile network operators supporting VoLTE:
    T-Mobile Prepaid and all T-Mobile MVNOs: VolTE supported on most VoLTE capable phones.

T-Mobile network operators with WiFi Calling:
    T-Mobile Prepaid, Metro, Boom Mobile, Consumer Cellular,, Liberty Wireless, Lycamobile, Mint, Red Pocket, Republic, Teltik, Ting, Republic, Ultra Mobile US Mobile and all TracFone brands: WiFi calling supported on most WiFi Calling capable phones.

Sprint network operators with VoLTE support:
    RedPocket: VoLTE supported on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, LG V30+, iPhone 8, 8+, X, Xs, Xs Max and Xr only.
    Boost and other Sprint MVNOs: No VoLTE support.
    Tello: supported on iPhones

Sprint network operatos with WiFi calling:
    Ting and RedPocket: supported on iPhones and selected Sprint Android phones.
    Boost and other Sprint MVNOs: not supported.

Anyone have any corrections or additions?
    I believe all Sprint MVNO's (except Boost which is pending) support VoLTE on all Sprint-compatible iPhone models iPhone 8 and higher (which is what Sprint supports). Also on all Samsung Galaxies and Notes from S8 and Note 8 and higher and all other phones that Sprint supports for VoLTE. (See https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html for a fuller list within the Q&A. (S9 just got added as well even though it is not in the online list as of the time I post this). In a few cases, Samsung factory-unlocked (U1) models may not be supported, although maybe those are all ok by now.

As for Sprint Wifi Calling, Ting and Twigby support it on models for which Sprint supports it.
    https://twigby.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...ing-available-
    Most other Sprint MVNO's do not because provisioning effort is required to provision it and most are too lazy.
    Last edited by comintel; 03-09-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I believe all Sprint MVNO's except Boost support VoLTE on all Sprint-compatible iPhone models iPhone 8 and higher (which is what Sprint supports). Also on all Samsung Galaxies and Notes from S8 and Note 8 and higher and all other phones that Sprint supports for VoLTE. (See https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html for a fuller list within the Q&A. (S9 just got added as well even though it is not in the online list as of the time I post this). In a few cases, Samsung factory-unlocked (U1) models may not be supported, although maybe those are all ok by now.

As for Sprint Wifi Calling, Ting and Twigby support it on models for which Sprint supports it.
    https://twigby.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...ing-available-
    Most other Sprint MVNO's do not because provisioning effort is required to provision it and most are too lazy.
    Thanks comintel, I'll update the database for the VoLTE and WiFI Calling support feature that I'm working on with this information.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    On Red Pocket Verizon, I believe volte works, wifi calling does not.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    On Red Pocket Verizon, I believe volte works, wifi calling does not.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Correct. I have an RP CDMA and a RP GSMA plan, and the GSMA plan now has wifi and volte on an iPhone. But only VoLTE on CDMA.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    I just notice the VoLTE option on my Verizon branded S9+ on Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) is gone. It was there before but now its gone.

Feedback Score
    why is that? did you ask
    That is the problem with MNVO they always have these minor issues

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malet View Post
    I don’t have that setting, but “Network & Internet” >”Mobile network” > “VoLTE” is on. I’ll try again tomorrow though, as I haven’t seen LTE show up at all since. My house has metal siding so cell reception can be a bit of a crapshoot.
    Just to follow up, tried multiple times outside with strong LTE signal; LTE drops as soon as I initiate a call; comes back as soon as I hang up (again, on StraightTalk).

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I've updated my Prepaid Compare site (link in my sig) with information about which operators support VoLTE and WiFi Calling. There are new check boxes on the search form that let you limit the search to plans that include VoLTE and/or WiFi calling.

The site's Carrier Profiles pages have been updated with general information about which types of phones each carrier supports for VoLTE and WiFi calling. Unfortunately, whether a given phone actually works with those features on an given operator is still a bit of a crap shoot.

Please let me know if you find any errors or have suggestions for improvements.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 03-21-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2