Now working on iPhone 6s with latest ios update.Name:  IMG_1249.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  58.2 KB

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it appears that WiFi Calling is now available on my Samsung Galaxy S7, which is a TracFone/AT&T BYOP, if I chose to activate it.

Does TracFone charge for using WiFi Calling? I'm finding mixed messages when I google the question.

TIA.

Feedback Score
    TF does not charge extra for Wi-Fi calling.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    Yes, it appears that WiFi Calling is now available on my Samsung Galaxy S7, which is a TracFone/AT&T BYOP, if I chose to activate it.

Does TracFone charge for using WiFi Calling? I'm finding mixed messages when I google the question.

TIA.
    Carrier based WiFi calls are billed the same as regular calls. They count against your included minutes.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post

TIA.
    As @Yeswap said, your TF talk bucket is used for carrier based WiFi calling. It has been available for TF/T-MOBILE sims for some time. I tested it and realized that it was using minutes anyway. The only reason for using it is if you are getting poor voice quality or bad cell service. As I live across from a T-mobile tower, there was no valid reason for using it and I turned it off. You would need to use a 3rd party app like Skype or Google Voice or one of the other VoIP apps to avoid using minutes.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    As @Yeswap said, your TF talk bucket is used for carrier based WiFi calling. It has been available for TF/T-MOBILE sims for some time. I tested it and realized that it was using minutes anyway. The only reason for using it is if you are getting poor voice quality or bad cell service.
    Yep, my wife's Fiesta 2 on TF/T-mo has WiFi Calling. It does use TF minutes. No really benefit for us. I disabled it.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Carrier based WiFi calls are billed the same as regular calls. They count against your included minutes.
    Thank's for the heads up about WiFi Calling on TracFone AT&T.

I have an AT&T Note 4 with a TracFone AT&T BYOP SIM. I've tried enabling WiFi Calling on it before but always got an error. I tried again just now and activation succeeded. I tested WiFi calling in airplane mode with WiFi on and it worked.

VoLTE seems to be working now too. I had turned it on in settings years ago but it never worked before today. Data always dropped to HSPA during calls, but on a call today it stayed on LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    VoLTE seems to be working now too. I had turned it on in settings years ago but it never worked before today. Data always dropped to HSPA during calls, but on a call today it stayed on LTE
    Great to hear that AT&T finally flipped the switches. It would be nice to see some interoperability on the MVNOs for HD Voice. Now for Verizon to enable WiFi Calling!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I have some questions about the behaviors of my phones with a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM.

1. I have an unlocked Moto E6 recently got from Visible (a Verizon MVNO). With the Visible SIM in place, there's an option for Enhanced LTE service (turned ON but grayed out). When I used it to call my Simple Mobile with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM, the HD indicator on both phones are on, so the phone is VoLTE-capable. However, when I put my TF/AT&T BYOP SIM into the Moto E6, the option for Enhanced LTE disappears. Is that because my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM is not VoLTE-provisoned?

2. With my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in the Moto E6 and Data turned on, there's an LTE icon near the signal bar. During a call the LTE icon changes to an "H" (HSPA?). How is that different from the situation #3 below?

3. With my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in my LG Q6 phone and Data turned on, there's an LTE icone near the signal bar. During a call the LTE icon changes to "4G".

4. With my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in my Moto E6, there's an option to turn on WiFi calling, but when I tried to turn it on it got an error about unable to turn on WiFi calling, error code blah blah, and to contact the carrier. Does that mean the SIM is not provisioned (yet) for WiFi calling, unlike the SIM that Yeswap has?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I kinda wish I can get Verizon WiFi calling on Android phones. I have been running into dead zones in stores more and more.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Yep, my wife's Fiesta 2 on TF/T-mo has WiFi Calling. It does use TF minutes. No really benefit for us.
    But not a detriment either.

Certainly handy to have available when you are in a weak signal location.

I'd need it at home with TMO if I ever wanted to make a call inside.

3-4 years ago I would have liked it on VZW, but the signal has greatly improved since then.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have some questions about the behaviors of my phones with a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM.

1. I have an unlocked Moto E6 recently got from Visible (a Verizon MVNO). With the Visible SIM in place, there's an option for Enhanced LTE service (turned ON but grayed out).
    Visible is LTE only so makes sense that it's On and can't be turned off. You'd lose voice and SMS if it was off.

The rest sounds like your account (sim, whatever) hasn't been updated for VoLTE or Wifi Calling.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 03-08-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Feedback Score
    So need some help I just activated a Att sim on tracfone for their unlimited plan I put the sim into my unlocked XR not able to get WiFi calling or VoLTE. Any ideas how to get it to go? I just updated my phone to latest software still no go

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    So need some help I just activated a Att sim on tracfone for their unlimited plan I put the sim into my unlocked XR not able to get WiFi calling or VoLTE. Any ideas how to get it to go? I just updated my phone to latest software still no go
    Did you see a "carrier update" come through also when you updated ios? If not, use computer and update via iTunes. Also some here have suggested toggle airplane mode, as well as take sim out and then reinsert. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Did you see a "carrier update" come through also when you updated ios? If not, use computer and update via iTunes. Also some here have suggested toggle airplane mode, as well as take sim out and then reinsert. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    I’ll try both of those now. Thanks for the tip

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast