Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TF AT&T Wi-Fi calling enabled

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I’ll try both of those now. Thanks for the tip
    It did a carrier update as well as I tried airplane mode and reinserting sim no luck not sure why. And I rebooted the phone too

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Any carrier profiles loaded, such as from a previous carrier? Easy mistake to make, I moved SIMs yesterday to an iPhone (RP CDMA), and no data, only CDMA voice. It turned out I still had a carrier profile for RP GSMA on the phone.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Any ideas how to get it to go?
    Sounds typical for TF. Partial roll outs with no official announcements. No rhyme or reason for which lines gets what when.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 03-08-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Sounds typical for TF. Partial roll outs with in official announcements. No rhyme or reason for which lunes gets what when.
    It’s frustrating especially it works for some and not others.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have some questions about the behaviors of my phones with a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM.

1. I have an unlocked Moto E6 recently got from Visible (a Verizon MVNO). With the Visible SIM in place, there's an option for Enhanced LTE service (turned ON but grayed out). When I used it to call my Simple Mobile with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM, the HD indicator on both phones are on, so the phone is VoLTE-capable. However, when I put my TF/AT&T BYOP SIM into the Moto E6, the option for Enhanced LTE disappears. Is that because my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM is not VoLTE-provisoned?

2. With my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in the Moto E6 and Data turned on, there's an LTE icon near the signal bar. During a call the LTE icon changes to an "H" (HSPA?). How is that different from the situation #3 below?

3. With my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in my LG Q6 phone and Data turned on, there's an LTE icone near the signal bar. During a call the LTE icon changes to "4G".

4. With my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in my Moto E6, there's an option to turn on WiFi calling, but when I tried to turn it on it got an error about unable to turn on WiFi calling, error code blah blah, and to contact the carrier. Does that mean the SIM is not provisioned (yet) for WiFi calling, unlike the SIM that Yeswap has?
    1. I think so.

2,3. Two different ways of showing the same thing. In the US "4G" usually means HSPA or HSPA+. Both are really just a faster variant of 3G. Before they had LTE, AT&T and T-Mobile stared marketing HSPA as "4G".

4. Yes, and I think the reason might be because your E6 isn't an AT&T branded phone. All the AT&T network successes with WiFi Calling seem to be with iPhones, the Pixel 3 or AT&T branded phones like my Note 4.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    This is great news!!
    I just activated it on a BYOD iPhone 6S. This will fill a gap area I have with at&t/TF service where calls to that number have been missed. Also, this allows calls/texts while overseas (or even on a cruise) using that TF number. Finally!!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    It’s frustrating especially it works for some and not others.
    No doubt. But it's typical of TF.
    We all went through this with VoLTE on Verizon.
    And even BYOP of LTE devices before that.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I just tried my active BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in my LG Phoenix 2 which is an unlocked AT&T GoPhone. The phone acted like it was capable of having WiFi Calling turned on, but there was a problem on the TF or AT&T side.

Name:  LG-Phoenix-2-WiFi-Calling-1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  LG-Phoenix-2-WiFi-Calling-2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  LG-Phoenix-2-WiFi-Calling-3.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  22.7 KB

Feedback Score
    Not working on my Tracfone locked Moto e5 with an ATT BYOP sin in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A forum member on Turk Forums pointed me to this WiFi Calling Eligibility Check site . I put in my phone number and the last four digits of my BYOP SIM (what it sent me after I texted FOUR to 611611). It said my phone is not WiFi Calling capable. Since the phones that I used for testing (Moto E6 and LG Phoenix 2) both have the option to turn on WiFi Calling, I suspect that my SIM/account is not yet provisioned for WiFi Calling.

Would those of you who had successfully enabled WiFi Calling on TF/AT&T run your phone number and the last four digits of your IMEI or SIM through that site and see if the result is correct? Thanks in advance for your help.

Name:  WiFi-Calling-Eligibility-Check.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  33.6 KB

Feedback Score
    Both of my TF/AT&T SIMs are failing the test. They are both from the triple minute packs if that matters.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I rarely use my AT&T TF line but do have the SIM in my iPhone 11 along with my main TMO service using the eSIM feature. I swapped over to my TF line last night to make a call and was confused when it stayed on LTE.. thought it was the cell data switching option. Nope, VoLTE!

WiFi calling also works great! Yes, it uses minutes/texts but it’s designed for use when you wouldn’t otherwise have cell coverage but have access to WiFi. I’ve used it since 2007 on TMO with my (very) limited bucket of anytime minutes back then. I just used it at a fancy resort which had WiFi APs all over but iffy cell coverage indoors.

Happy to see AT&T is finally rolling these features out to MVNOs. They WANT voice traffic going over LTE, it’s cheaper for them!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    WiFi calling also works great! Yes, it uses minutes/texts but it’s designed for use when you wouldn’t otherwise have cell coverage but have access to WiFi.
    Unless it's critical that your cell phone number shows up on the other end, wouldn't it be cheaper (FREE) to use GV or Hangouts Dialer when there's no cell service but WiFi is available?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A forum member on Turk Forums pointed me to this WiFi Calling Eligibility Check site .
    I have a Rebel 4 with TF/AT&T SIM card (non-BYOP) and successfully enabled Wifi Calling yesterday. But the site told me that the phone is not wifi calling capable. I tried the last four digits of both IMEI number and SIM card number. I don't know if this matters - the phone was a Simple Mobile phone (with a TF/T-Mobile SIM card) purchased from Best Buy and rebranded by TF when activated (with the AT&T SIM card sent by TF).

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I have a Rebel 4 with TF/AT&T SIM card (non-BYOP) and successfully enabled Wifi Calling yesterday. But the site told me that the phone is not wifi calling capable.
    Thanks for the data point.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast