Thread: AT&T 5g+ Speeds

Feedback Score

AT&T 5g+ Speeds

I know itís an old video but has anyone in the very few cities like mines experienced and great speeds like this one?

https://youtu.be/RQEfHqoh8Ow

I ask because Iím debating on getting the unlocked s2Ēultra or the at&t/Verizon versions. Iíve read somewhere that this person had seeing 5g in a known 5g exact location using this phone. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    I know itís an old video but has anyone in the very few cities like mines experienced and great speeds like this one?

https://youtu.be/RQEfHqoh8Ow

I ask because Iím debating on getting the unlocked s2Ēultra or the at&t/Verizon versions. Iíve read somewhere that this person had seeing 5g in a known 5g exact location using this phone. Thanks!

I got this today in Louisville, KY. I was parked in a parking lot below the tower. S20 Ultra AT&T Name:  Screenshot_20200313-183217_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  34.2 KB

Sent from my SM-G988U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

AT&T 5g+ Speeds

Quote Originally Posted by mdob07 View Post
    I got this today in Louisville, KY. I was parked in a parking lot below the tower. S20 Ultra AT&T Name:  Screenshot_20200313-183217_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  34.2 KB

Thatís awesome!! Iím hoping to find some spots here in Raleigh NC ! Would you recommend getting the AT&T version over the unlocked one?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thatís awesome!! Iím hoping to find some spots here in Raleigh NC ! Would you recommend getting the AT&T version over the unlocked one?

Depends on if you're planning on sticking with AT&T or possibly switching carriers with it. I plan to stay, and I didn't want to deal with T still block certain features on non-AT&T phones. For example my mom's unlocked S9+ can't do WiFi calling or VoLTE, even though the phone is capable (I had an AT&T S9+ until I got my S20 Ultra that had both WiFi calling and VoLTE since the day I got it 2 years ago).

Feedback Score
    Depends on if you're planning on sticking with AT&T or possibly switching carriers with it. I plan to stay, and I didn't want to deal with T still block certain features on non-AT&T phones. For example my mom's unlocked S9+ can't do WiFi calling or VoLTE, even though the phone is capable (I had an AT&T S9+ until I got my S20 Ultra that had both WiFi calling and VoLTE since the day I got it 2 years ago).

But I should get 5g working on the unlocked model easily correct? I read someone say they couldnít get it to show up.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    But I should get 5g working on the unlocked model easily correct? I read someone say they couldnít get it to show up.

I'm not sure on that. Another reason why I went with the AT&T version.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure on that. Another reason why I went with the AT&T version.

How do you find out where to look for 5g nodes?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How do you find out where to look for 5g nodes?

That particular site i could see the mmWave Massive MIMO antennas from the interstate next to it. Its much smaller and distinctly different than the other antennas. Name:  20200313_182936.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  83.8 KB

Feedback Score
    That particular site i could see the mmWave Massive MIMO antennas from the interstate next to it. Its much smaller and distinctly different than the other antennas. Name:  20200313_182936.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  83.8 KB

So we have to do the leg work in finding them? I got nowhere with AT&T. Idk where to start in Raleigh NC.

Feedback Score

AT&T 5g+ Speeds

Which Massive MIMO antenna are you referring to? The antenna panel that looks twice as wide as the others?

Are you sure itís M-MIMO? I thought these were just multi band.

From the picture it appears to have 6 RF connectors on the bottom. Hence 4x2? Normal MIMO?

Isnít the 5G antenna the little square in the middle?

Hard to find example photos. Page 7 of the attached

https://images.samsung.com/is/conten...s-of-age-0.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    In NYC AT&T is doing a lot of conduit work still and cells in those areas most likely have the latest 5G+ mmWave antennas. Latest area Iíve seen by me with permits is the Rego Park Mall, in NYC which will most likely get 5G+.

5G+ coverage will be added over a rolling basis and wonít be everywhere just yet but I do see high density areas in NYC getting them rolled out. Other markets will be the same way. This is an ongoing rollout but even if 5G+ was announced in a market, small cells will still be in process of being rolled out and coverage will not be all over. 5G however on low band will be available on a nationwide level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    In NYC AT&T is doing a lot of conduit work still and cells in those areas most likely have the latest 5G+ mmWave antennas. Latest area Iíve seen by me with permits is the Rego Park Mall, in NYC which will most likely get 5G+.

5G+ coverage will be added over a rolling basis and wonít be everywhere just yet but I do see high density areas in NYC getting them rolled out. Other markets will be the same way. This is an ongoing rollout but even if 5G+ was announced in a market, small cells will still be in process of being rolled out and coverage will not be all over. 5G however on low band will be available on a nationwide level.
    AT&T told me it will launch all around Raleigh NC on March 28. Weíll see

Feedback Score
    AT&T told me it will launch all around Raleigh NC on March 28. Weíll see

In NYC the small cells will not be everywhere. It is impossible for them to do that and range is not going to be good on those. Speeds however will be high in those areas where it exists. In NYC they are starting to deploy pockets of 5G+ coverage in high density locations. 5G+ wonít work well indoors, you will have to be right near the site to get access to it.

Feedback Score
    In NYC the small cells will not be everywhere. It is impossible for them to do that and range is not going to be good on those. Speeds however will be high in those areas where it exists. In NYC they are starting to deploy pockets of 5G+ coverage in high density locations. 5G+ wonít work well indoors, you will have to be right near the site to get access to it.
    Iíll keep an eye out for them with my ultra

Feedback Score

AT&T 5g+ Speeds

So far at&t mmW testing has shown up to a gig 1,000 feet from the cell site. MmW doesnít work indoors from a site outside but carriers are planning to deploy indoor solutions