Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Dish Lends 600 Spectrum to T-Mobile for 60 Days

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,270
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    The phones that do have those bands offload some traffic from other bands, increasing the throughput of phones on the other bands. Of course, where range is the issue, this does not apply but that's only for rural areas where T-Mobile doesn't have band-12 (e.g. MS, TN)
    T-Mo has a map for B12 deployment. While they have a license for it in my greater area, very little has been activated.
    https://www.tmonews.com/700mhz-lte-map/

    The regular coverage map has a toggle for "Extended Range LTE-600 MHz" (B71). Shows no difference in my area, so maybe they are not using it there? If we have neither, it only very inadequate B4 coverage.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,374
    Feedback Score
    0


    20x20 band 71 in the NYC market has just been activated!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,598
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    15x15 in SoCal is up

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Some speed testing in Scottsdale AZ with new 60 day spectrum.



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,397
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Man I hope T-Mobile could find a way to retain a lease on these airwaves after the 60 days.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Man I hope T-Mobile could find a way to retain a lease on these airwaves after the 60 days.
    For the right amount of $$$$$ I'm sure they can. In my area not going to help much since Dish only owns 5X5 and T-Mobile already owned 15X15 and no one else bought the other three 5X5 blocks so the FCC still owns them.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,374
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Man I hope T-Mobile could find a way to retain a lease on these airwaves after the 60 days.
    Perhaps once the merger goes thru, T-Mobile and Dish could work that out. Just testing out 20x20 band 71 here in the NYC market can make you spoiled real quick. The speed gains are quite noticeable

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Man I hope T-Mobile could find a way to retain a lease on these airwaves after the 60 days.
    I don’t know about Comcast or the others but Dish needs instant revenue. All that Dish spectrum should be leased to T-Mobile till they have a network across the nation. Dish doesn’t know how to build or design a mobile network terrestrial backbone but T-Mobile does. The higher the quality of T-Mobile networks for roaming the better chance Dish has of getting enough customers to build out their own network nationwide in a few years. Besides after the spectrum licenses are moved to T-Mobile it will help Dish’s customers and can be easily extended past 60 days only now Dish gets some money for the lease of their spectrum.

    Since I wrote this; In addition to loaning spectrum to T-Mobile and AT&T, Dish was given permission yesterday by the FCC to also loan spectrum to Verizon. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...id-19-pandemic
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-19-2020 at 03:14 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I don’t know about Comcast or the others but Dish needs instant revenue. All that Dish spectrum should be leased to T-Mobile till they have a network across the nation. Dish doesn’t know how to build or design a mobile network terrestrial backbone but T-Mobile does. The higher the quality of T-Mobile networks for roaming the better chance Dish has of getting enough customers to build out their own network nationwide in a few years. Besides after the spectrum licenses are moved to T-Mobile it will help Dish’s customers and can be easily extended past 60 days only now Dish gets some money for the lease of their spectrum.

    Since I wrote this; In addition to loaning spectrum to T-Mobile and AT&T, Dish was given permission yesterday by the FCC to also loan spectrum to Verizon. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...id-19-pandemic
    Part of the merger calls for Dish and T-Mobile to participate in good faith negotiations for T-Mobile lease Dish's 600MHz spectrum, so it's possible. I agree that it would be a win-win situation for both companies.
    https://investor.t-mobile.com/news-a...e/default.aspx
    Agreement to Engage in Negotiations Regarding T-Mobile Leasing DISH's 600 MHz Spectrum
    The companies have also committed to engage in good faith negotiations regarding the leasing of some or all of DISH’s 600 MHz spectrum to T-Mobile.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    88
    Carrier(s)
    US T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's now live here northern Harris County. Additional 5 Mhz bandwidth to B71 LTE from the usual 5 and 5G n71 is up to 15 Mhz from the usual 5. All makes for a decent speeds specially on 5G. Name:  20200321_202423.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  55.7 KBName:  20200321_204956.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  63.1 KB

    Sent from my Samsung SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Spotted 15 up from 5 on 5G in plano TX today.


    Quote Originally Posted by prankoy View Post
    It's now live here northern Harris County. Additional 5 Mhz bandwidth to B71 LTE from the usual 5 and 5G n71 is up to 15 Mhz from the usual 5. All makes for a decent speeds specially on 5G. Name:  20200321_202423.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  55.7 KBName:  20200321_204956.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  63.1 KB

    Sent from my Samsung SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    T-Mobile is looking to continue to lease some of the Band 71 spectrum after the 60 days. Sure hope it happens.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,397
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Awesome news Shilo!

    Crazy to see 55-60 Mbps DL off of lowband deep inside large buildings where we’d normally see sub 10 Mbps...

    I’m all for them retaining these leases...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,397
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,397
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I also wonder if the Big 2 are also planning on working out lease deals of their own?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Switch from AT&T to T-Mobile for N900???
    By ming387 in forum Maemo/Meego
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:06 PM
  2. Kudos to T-mobile for "T-mobile @ Home"
    By econerd in forum Provider Rants, Kudos and Recommendations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
  3. thinking about heading to t-mobile for career
    By nomi5300 in forum T-Mobile Employees & Dealers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 05:26 AM
  4. Voip: vonage to go mobile For nextel
    By Friday87 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 09:34 AM
  5. My first call to T-Mobile for info..
    By BKKloppenborg in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 11:03 PM

Bookmarks